NEW POLICY - No More On Board Announcements!

Rewind

I'm honestly a lot less concerned about the announcements than the music/sports blaring so loud from the big screens that you have to move away from the pool deck/jogging track altogether...

It's been unbearable on our past two cruises and everybody around us was complaining about it.

We truly loved the Captain's announcements....ALL of them, short or long. It is one thing that reminds you that you are on a ship and lets you know his character in a way.

So many changes. My kids say "changenis good" . Not convinced. Vicki

Just off the Voyager on the 12th January and Captain Charles confirmed that the midday announcements had been canned.

I think its a shame. I really enjoyed Captain Rob's midday announcements on the Rhapsody. They always brought a smile to my face and the facts he gave about our location and weather were interesting.

(Glad the incessant Bingo ads by the Cruise Director are gone though)

Edited by aussielozzie18

Just off the Voyager on the 12th January and Captain Charles confirmed that the midday announcements had been canned.

I think its a shame. I really enjoyed Captain Rob's midday announcements on the Rhapsody. They always brought a smile to my face and the facts he gave about our location and weather were interesting.

(Glad the incessant Bingo ads by the Cruise Director are gone though)

It's alright, I'll do them for you...

BINGO BINGO BINGO

Hello,

Different cruise line, I know, but I was onboard a P&O ship listening to a classical piano recital in one of the lounges in the evening. Part way through the recital the Captain from the bridge decided to give an update on the ship's position, the weather and the forecast for the next day in our port of call. The poor (woman) pianist slammed the keyboard lid down and stormed off in a quite deserved huff.

Regards,

Cublet

The announcements never bothered me, and I've always enjoyed the captain's if I could hear it or understand what was being said.:D

What I really find irritating are the big screens, I've been on cruises when the sound must have been on the highest level possible. Would rather have announcements than that!:D

Sherri:)

Hello,

Different cruise line, I know, but I was onboard a P&O ship listening to a classical piano recital in one of the lounges in the evening. Part way through the recital the Captain from the bridge decided to give an update on the ship's position, the weather and the forecast for the next day in our port of call. The poor (woman) pianist slammed the keyboard lid down and stormed off in a quite deserved huff.

Regards,

Cublet

That's pretty childish - if she was a staff member, then she should have been aware that it could happen.

So, no smoking, no captain's announcement - next thing they'll ban real books and make people read Kindles, in case someone is disturbed by the sound of pages turning ;)