Koningsdam SUMMER 2016 Itineraries

InTheWASide

When is this ship coming to the Caribbean and Port Everglades?

The dates haven't been released yet but our TA has instructions to use our FCC's to book two weeks on her the very minute they are available for booking.

I also wish HAL would have ANY ship in the Caribbean in summer. It isn't about Hurricanes; it is about getting higher per diems in Europe, Alaska and Canada/NE. Same ship, same cabin can and does sell for more on those itineraries than they can summer in Caribbean.

I wish HAL would come back to summer cruising in the Caribbean, too, Sail. That's how we got started in 1999 with HAL, cruising Westerdam (not the current one) on a 7 day itinerary in an inside cabin for $499/person. We thought we had died and gone to heaven, compared to the numerous NCL ships we had cruised before. Westerdam attracted a younger hip crowd, but certainly not a rowdy one. We LOVED it, and hope HAL will come back with at least ONE ship, as surely there's a market there. Maybe it's my imagination, but the winter Caribbean season just seems to get shorter and shorter.

When is this ship coming to the Caribbean and Port Everglades?

I wish HAL would come back to summer cruising in the Caribbean, too, Sail. That's how we got started in 1999 with HAL, cruising Westerdam (not the current one) on a 7 day itinerary in an inside cabin for $499/person. We thought we had died and gone to heaven, compared to the numerous NCL ships we had cruised before. Westerdam attracted a younger hip crowd, but certainly not a rowdy one. We LOVED it, and hope HAL will come back with at least ONE ship, as surely there's a market there. Maybe it's my imagination, but the winter Caribbean season just seems to get shorter and shorter.

You're right and right........ :)

I recall it being a younger crowd attracted to the HAL summer Caribbean sailings and I agree with you HAL's Caribbean seasons seem shorter than ever.

I probably have no idea what I am talking about but it's my opinion HAL would prefer as few ships as possible in the Caribbean for as short a season as possible.

Edited by sail7seas

I doubt she would be repositioned back to Rome just to start a transatlantic.

More likely than heading for Canada/NE, she will probably operate for 6-8 weeks in the Western Med before (hopefully) sailing for Florida and wintering in the Caribbean.

Surely, until end of Oct or beginning of Nov, she is offering several Mediterranean cruises, together with Eurodam and Ossterdam, which cruise that area throughout the summer season.

The Canada/NE ituneraries, used to be offered by Eurodam, are surely offered by Zuiderdam than. That ship very likely might sail Baltics out of Copenhagen throughout the summer schedule, and than surely reposition to Canada/NE, via North Atlantic, including Iceland...

Edited by celebrity_fan

To answer the question will it actually be IN AMSTERDAM:

From the HAL Blog post...

In summer 2016, Holland America Line’s newest ship, ms Koningsdam, will sail out of the port of Amsterdam, marking the first time the company will have three ships sailing out of three Dutch ports: Koningsdam out of Amsterdam, Rotterdam out of Rotterdam and Prinsendam out of Ijmuiden.

As for WHEN you can book them:

Koningsdam’s summer itineraries — and all of Holland America Line’s 2016 summer Europe sailings — will be available for booking in early February.

Just got this from HAL:

At the end on the season, Koningsdam sails from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia on a 12-day journey that visits England, Gibraltar, Portugal and four ports in Spain. On Oct. 24 the ship repositions to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on a 14-day voyage that crosses the Atlantic following calls at Alicante, Malaga (Granada) and Huelva (Seville), Spain; and Funchal, Madeira.

WOOHOO!!!!

Just got this from HAL:

At the end on the season, Koningsdam sails from Amsterdam to Civitavecchia on a 12-day journey that visits England, Gibraltar, Portugal and four ports in Spain. On Oct. 24 the ship repositions to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on a 14-day voyage that crosses the Atlantic following calls at Alicante, Malaga (Granada) and Huelva (Seville), Spain; and Funchal, Madeira.

WOOHOO!!!!

thanks for the Facts ma'am. Just the facts and I love the real facts.

Nice to have real information and not speculation. Much appreciated :D

Just got this from HAL:

WOOHOO!!!!

That sounds wonderful. I love that itinerary. Malaga, Seville...... outstanding. Some good touring from Malaga.

That would be a wonderful cruise to take. Especially if there are festivities planned for the ship when it comes to Fort Lauderdale!

Stay on board for another week!

It's exciting to have a new ship coming to our port. :)

HAL has been known to stop in Boston on the way to FLL with a new ship. :) Also NYC....... Fingers crossed and I can hope. :D

HAL has been known to stop in Boston on the way to FLL with a new ship. :) Also NYC....... Fingers crossed and I can hope. :D

She won't have time to come north unfortunately.

14 days

01 Civitavecchia

02 Sea

03 Malaga (Granada)

04 Huelva (Seville), Spain; and

05 Sea

06 Funchal, Madeira.

7-13 Crossing

14 FLL

I don't think she can cross on 4 and take the three days to jog up here.

14 days

01 Civitavecchia

02 Sea

03 Malaga (Granada)

05 Sea

06 Funchal, Madeira.

7-13 Crossing

14 FLL

I didn't know that was the complete itinerary.

I had hoped she might have stopped in Boston on her way to FLL.

Other HAL ships have done so when doing their first transatlantic.

14 days

01 Civitavecchia

02 Sea

03 Malaga (Granada)

05 Sea

06 Funchal, Madeira.

7-13 Crossing

14 FLL

Too bad there are only 3 ports. If you do half of VOV it is a few more days but typically 10 ports to/from the US. Of course they are traveling more North through Iceland and Greenland arriving or departing from Boston.

Did someone say the new itineraries would be open for booking in early February?

Edited by Jade13

I didn't know that was the complete itinerary.

I had hoped she might have stopped in Boston on her way to FLL.

Other HAL ships have done so when doing their first transatlantic.

But this one is short, only 14 days/nights. I would not be surprised if after arriving in North America they have a short Caribbean cruise for travel agents taking up a few nights that might be part of a typical TA.

After Eurodam left you in Saint John, we had the pleasure of welcoming her to Boston. :) DH and I were fortunate to have a wonderful visit aboard. :) And that caused us to book and sail her. We liked that ship so much more than we ever expected. :)

And then after Boston we got to check out the ship in New York a few months before our cruise the following February. :)

Too bad there are only 3 ports. If you do half of VOV it is a few more days but typically 10 ports to/from the US. Of course they are traveling more North through Iceland and Greenland arriving or departing from Boston.

Did someone say the new itineraries would be open for booking in early February?

HAL blog states that Koningsdam's itineraries are open for booking early February.

I am pretty sure the Voyage of Vikings will be offered by Zuiderdam in late August or early September 2016, since she seems to replace Eurodam, and is listed in Bergen and Icelandic ports in August 2016... than she shall sail Canada/New England...

Edited by celebrity_fan