Brilliance or enchantment?

keijenxs

We are going on our first royal carribean cruise this december. I'm already booked on the enchantment, but I found a better deal on brilliance with a different itinerary. Should I switch ships?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

We are going on our first royal carribean cruise this december. I'm already booked on the enchantment, but I found a better deal on brilliance with a different itinerary. Should I switch ships?

I would love the Brilliance.

What's the Brilliance's itinerary? I would almost definitely switch because I love the Radiance Class!

Edited to Add: Actually, IMO, I'd take whatever Brilliance itinerary you're considering over a Bahamas cruise any day!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We love both, though the Radiance series is our favorite.

For us, the Enchantment is easy since it is local, but we really prefer

the longer cruises. Three/four night cruises are too short for us now.

For me, I would chose the Brilliance if they are both close in price.

Pretty much depends on how much time you have, the location of the

port, and of course the ports of call you wish to visit.

If its at the same time frame as what you booked (Christmas), definitely make the change! We just did a holiday cruise on Serenade (same class) and it was wonderful. I loved how they decorated the centrum area for the holidays. We are booked on Brilliance for our anniversary in 2016 and are looking forward to our 1st aft balcony. Enchantment is a nice ship that we have sailed on previously and will again in May, but Brilliance offers just a bit more for us so if the price is right, make the change!

Edited by cruisingsince94
add on

We sailed both Enchantment and Brilliance last year and enjoyed both, but Brilliance is pretty much our favorite ship. Of course the fact that we have sailed on her more frequently and know a large number of the friendly staff members onboard, may color my opinion somewhat, but if you will save that much money by booking Brilliance I think that is more than reason enough to do so. If the money savings were the other way, I might be more hesitant to recommend the Brilliance but with either ship you should have an excellent time.:)

I think you made a good move!

I've been on Enchantment several times & like the ship...it's a nice short get away...but there are only so many time's I can handle the Bahamas..

Did Brilliance last Dec. & had a great time...Grand Caymen & Cozumel route...going again on her in April Key West & Cozumel this time...

Can you post both itineraries? I guess I could try and figure it out but I don't have the time right now...

Have sailed Brilliance, loved her. LOVE Radiance class. Have not sailed Enchantment so cannot comment.

4 Day, Tampa, Cozumel, Tampa

5 Day, Tampa, Key West, Cozumel Tampa

or

Tampa, Georgetown, Cozumel, Tampa

Enchantment was a 4-day Coco Cay 7 Nassau

Brilliance 5-day Key West and Cozumel

Great choice

Just figured out why it was so much cheaper. Brilliance cruise ends on the 24'th where on the Enchantment it starts on the 24'th and is a holiday cruise.

Watch your prices on the cruise you are on. You may get some price drops on that sailing as it's not very popular. After final payment you may be able to upgrade.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Was on the Enchantment 07/14 and Brilliance 12/14. I believe from what I have read on this thread, that the survey says .... switch to Brilliance. I strongly agree. Great ship! Getting in and out of Tampa was easy. Loved the days at sea to just take it all in. Loved it so much, planning to sail the Brilliance again this December.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I made the switch to Brilliance because it's a bigger ship with more options for my sons (11 & 14) and we saved $550.

Whoops! Did not get down far enough before I replied. Great deal! You will Love it! She is very well decorated for the holidays. We were on the 4-Night (20-24 Dec) this year and had a great relaxing time.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I made the switch to Brilliance because it's a bigger ship with more options for my sons (11 & 14) and we saved $550.

We sailed on both Brilliance and Enchantment. Enchantment is not that small, but I too really liked the layout of Brilliance. Deck 6 was our favorite. Never seemed crowded either.

For us, our choice would be made on if we can drive to port or not, so for that reason, Brilliance!

We sailed on both Brilliance and Enchantment. Enchantment is not that small, but I too really liked the layout of Brilliance. Deck 6 was our favorite. Never seemed crowded either.

For us, our choice would be made on if we can drive to port or not, so for that reason, Brilliance!

Does Brilliance have Freestyle machines