IMAX & on-board Brewery:Couldn't ask for anything more!

prescottbob

The thought of being trampled by screaming running kids sounds like a good alternative to being run over by thoughtless Scooter Drivers. Might have to carefully weigh the options. But seriously, among all of our cruises we have taken 3 Carnival cruises and found them to be quite enjoyable. We even found some of the food (especially in the buffets) to be superior to HAL. Will we be going back to Carnival soon? Nope. Will we be going back to HAL soon? Nope...or probably not until they eliminate balcony smoking.

Hank

DW and I have spent lots of time on Norwegian Breakaway (soon to be our 3rd cruise on her next month). We were very apprehensive of trying a ship as large as her, but we have found that we positively LOVE her (the Haven is absolute serenity). My point is that the slides and whatnot are not for us, but we wouldn't write a ship off simply because they had them. IMHO HAL could do well to incorporate a small water slide (like NCL Jewel class) for families (heck, some older folks would love it too LOL)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm actually thinking of booking on the Vista soon. For me it's the lure of the Havana Cabanas ..and the private pool access as well as the private lounge/bar area.

Sometimes "tacky" is fun. And I'm all about the fun.

I totally agree and love the look of the Havana Cabanas and would love to try this.

DW and I have spent lots of time on Norwegian Breakaway (soon to be our 3rd cruise on her next month). We were very apprehensive of trying a ship as large as her, but we have found that we positively LOVE her (the Haven is absolute serenity). My point is that the slides and whatnot are not for us, but we wouldn't write a ship off simply because they had them. IMHO HAL could do well to incorporate a small water slide (like NCL Jewel class) for families (heck, some older folks would love it too LOL)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with you as well, I have found that if not traveling peak holidays there are very few kids on board the ship and more the adults enjoying the slides ;) While I have not traveled Carnival I know of many mature adults that LOVE Carnival and find it fun and many sailings have very few kids on board. Just because it has attractions from children does not mean there will ALWAYS be lots of kids. I might actually be interested in trying the Vista lots of interesting things.

I have not been on the new class of NCL but in the planing stages of trying the new NCL Escape for May 2016. I already love the Jewel Class of NCL. Since I feel HAL has abandoned me for cruise vacations on the West Coast I am calling the NCL Jewel "Our Replacement Oosterdam" ;)

I think the ship looks fun. However, I shudder to think of debarkation when the new Carnival ship and the NCL Breakaway dock in New York on the same day. It's already a mess getting off a ship in Manhattan, and it's going to get much worse.

Can't ask for more....but can I ask for less?

Anyone besides me think it looks like a Habitrail for humans?

firstprize.jpg

A slightly smaller version of the Allure of the Seas with even more gimmicks. Thanks but no thanks, not for us.:p