Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Hoping RCCL brings a ship back to New Orleans.

I'm also hoping for a RCCL ships being in New Orleans also or I will start going on Princess cruises as they have better Itineraries:eek:

Carol:)

Not necessarily. There is no reason that they need to have 5 port days, they could easily trim it to 4 or even 3.

IMO, that would just be stupid. One of the main reasons to start a cruise in SJU is to be able to hit 5, (more exotic) ports in a week.

But for me, the SJU runs are more about the ports than the ship itself... and I am also not sure if Floridians/US citizens from mainland would fly to SJU to experience an Oasis Class ship...

I agree. Especially if they only had 3-4 ports, compared to 5. IMO, there'd be no point to fly to San Juan and not get 5 ports.

Yeah ok, maybe RCI has some difficulties to fill ships from San Juan since both Jewel and Adventure have not been upgraded, or just slightly upgraded (Adventure does not have FlowRider in comparison to it's sisters, for example), Jewel is going to be refurbished in spring 2016 - when those ships are upgraded and even Freedom is sailing from there in 2016, maybe it will be different... :)

But for me, the SJU runs are more about the ports than the ship itself... and I am also not sure if Floridians/US citizens from mainland would fly to SJU to experience an Oasis Class ship...

RCI and other lines have had trouble filling ships out of SJU during certain times -- thus deep discounting.

PC is one of the 3 busiest cruise ports in the US, and still growing!! For the 1st time ever, last Sunday, there were 6 cruise ships in port(according to local news station cfnews13). When they built Terminal 1, they also dredged the port again, and I believe made a turning basin wider, so that an Oasis class could fit and turn around.

If in fact the Freedom does leave, I will say 100%, without a doubt she gets replaced by an Oasis class ship. PC services the entire Southeast US, that is a large draw, and with an Oasis class there more people will be intrigued.

PC is one of the 3 busiest cruise ports in the US, and still growing!! For the 1st time ever, last Sunday, there were 6 cruise ships in port(according to local news station cfnews13). When they built Terminal 1, they also dredged the port again, and I believe made a turning basin wider, so that an Oasis class could fit and turn around.

If in fact the Freedom does leave, I will say 100%, without a doubt she gets replaced by an Oasis class ship. PC services the entire Southeast US, that is a large draw, and with an Oasis class there more people will be intrigued.

That's a possible reason and argument, so if there is enough space for Oasis, why not sailing from PC sooner or later?

So maybe really oasis or Oasis III switch to Port Canaveral, and Allure stays at FL, and Ovation/Anthem or Independence being the second ship sailing from FL on Saturdays. [emoji5]

Any one of the three Oasis Class ships sails Europe during summer periods

--> possible scenario:

-Oasis III: Europe summer and switching to PC in fall, or PC/FL year-round

-Allure: FL year-round, Sunday departures

-Oasis: either PC year-round or Europe sin summer, switching to Far East in fall 2016

-Q-Class (or Indy?): year-round from FL, Saturday departures

To come back to the SJU issue: I really do NOT SEE an Oasis Class ship sailing from San Juan - as mentioned above, those huge floating cities surely cannot visit 5 ports a week, since several islands surely cannot handle and accomodate such ships. With four or even three ports, the whole experience gets lost, and there is no more "motivation" or reason to take a cruise from SJU instead of Florida...

My overall guess is an O-class ship replaces Freedom at some point...a Vision class replaces Enchantment...Enchantment moves to Miami to replace Majesty....jmo

And Freedom to Sju and Adventure to Alaska...

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Never thought about that one Bob. Is the solarium a must. We have never used it on any cruise

I don't know if a closed Solarium is absolutely required, but an open Solarium would be a significant change from the Vision and Radiance class ships Royal has had in Alaska for the past few years.

My overall guess is an O-class ship replaces Freedom at some point...a Vision class replaces Enchantment...Enchantment moves to Miami to replace Majesty....jmo

Oasis to replace Freedom from Pt. canaveral could well be, in fact.

Freedom, however, moves to Pt. Canaveral to replace Adventure otS.

Which Vision Class ship should replace Enchantment?

Grandeur surely stays in Baltimore, Vision and Rhapsody are most likely moving to Europe again in 2016, Legend is doing Asia/Australia and Splendour I also could imagine doing either Europe or Asia - at most Splendour could replace either Enchantment or Majesty, although it wouldn't make sense at all, since her Suez Canal cruise ends in Venice in mid of April 2016...

Maybe Miami will be abandoned totally? If it would be worth to deploy more than just the oldest ship out of Miami, RCI would have already done so, IMHO...

So I could imagine the Miami sailings run out after Majesty's retirement...

For me the question is, what Adventure could do after leaving San Juan... new Europe itineraries? or could she sail from either Baltimore or Philadelphia?? :confused:

Grandeur surely stays in Baltimore, Vision and Rhapsody are most likely moving to Europe again in 2016, Legend is doing Asia/Australia and Splendour I also could imagine doing either Europe or Asia - at most Splendour could replace either Enchantment or Majesty, although it wouldn't make sense at all, since her Suez Canal cruise ends in Venice in mid of April 2016...

Maybe Miami will be abandoned totally? If it would be worth to deploy more than just the oldest ship out of Miami, RCI would have already done so, IMHO...

For me the question is, what Adventure could do after leaving San Juan... new Europe itineraries? or could she sail from either Baltimore or Philadelphia?? :confused:

Adventure would be too big for either Philly or Baltimore.

I don't know if a closed Solarium is absolutely required, but an open Solarium would be a significant change from the Vision and Radiance class ships Royal has had in Alaska for the past few years.

I have wondered if a Quantum Class ship would work in Alaska, but I don't know if it would "fit" in the ports.

I don't think Royal will give up a presence in Miami. And I've read many times that the Majesty's weekend runs are "Cash Cows". I'm hoping for Splendour, as I've wanted to sail her for a long time, but who knows...

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Just off Oasis of the Seas and for what it is worth most staff/crew you ask say OASIS to China including the concierge and without hesitation he said that.

I also when asked was told PC a few times. Most agreed OASIS III to Fort Lauderdale.

Just reporting back on my 'unofficial' survey.:):)

My preferences for the OASIS class is OASIS to PC, Harmony OASIS 3 to Fort Lauderdale and Allure part time Europe part time FL

IMO, that would just be stupid. One of the main reasons to start a cruise in SJU is to be able to hit 5, (more exotic) ports in a week.

I agree. Especially if they only had 3-4 ports, compared to 5. IMO, there'd be no point to fly to San Juan and not get 5 ports.

Our Jewel cruise this December from SJU has 4 ports: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Curacao and Aruba with 2 sea days.

This past Christmas/New Years we were B2B and did 10 ports. Another sea day back then would have been welcome. Sometime you can get too port intensive.

Rick and Deirdra

Yup, imho absolutely required and always full on sea days. Alaska has rain 80% of the time, Vancouver & Seattle has various degrees of constant rain during various months, you just never know. Adventure's open Solarium, huge sports court and big pool deck would be totally empty... then let's talk about the 32-50degree cooler weather depending when you're actually up in Alaska. Then let's talk about being in the Royal Promenade, StudioB, Lounges... other than Viking Crown you'd miss any of the scenery and whale watching. While Adventure has done Norway, I feel that itinerary is more port intensive than the Alaska runs which have 3 days at sea plus embarkation day (ok, call it 3 1/2 days)

The only logical ships built for an Alaskan itinerary are Vision, Radiance and Quantum imo with huge windows and outward focus while providing amenities inside away from the elements.

Just off Oasis of the Seas and for what it is worth most staff/crew you ask say OASIS to China including the concierge and without hesitation he said that.

I also when asked was told PC a few times. Most agreed OASIS III to Fort Lauderdale.

Just reporting back on my 'unofficial' survey.:):)

Wow, thank you Emmy. Supports more and more what SpringAussie, Geoff, Madflyer and others have been reporting about the port transformations in Asia and Sydney. Some of you may remember last year on this thread that where's there is smoke, there is fire... some of this stuff we're talking about will actually be. Other stuff will be a massive surprise! But it's not hard to believe that Oasis could end up in Asia/Oz, and they'll have to figure out how to deal with central Park foliage and fauna....

So Asia in summer months with a relocation to Oz in the "winter" months (ie. Oct-March). Oasis would go over super well with the Ozzies! Now, SpringAussie and others... where can she port? I went back and looked at pictures of my Oz adventure in 2012. Surely Oasis can fit in Sydney and Melbourne, I think also Brisbaine & Newcastle if she piers where Radiance did in the industrial area outside of the city. Oasis can fit through the Whitsundays and tender in Cairns. Any thoughts Ozzie friends?

IF and I say IF Oasis repositions to China I was told by a cruising friend who lives in Dubai he thinks she is too wide for the Suez canal...any thoughts and his idea was she could do an around the horn sailing to Asia

IF and I say IF Oasis repositions to China I was told by a cruising friend who lives in Dubai he thinks she is too wide for the Suez canal...any thoughts and his idea was she could do an around the horn sailing to Asia

Ah... wow. So to me that would mean a "permanent" deployment akin to Voyager & Mariner. Not only that, the logisitcs of where she could port as she makes her way around South America. This sounds like a real issue if the China rumor becomes real.

Ah... wow. So to me that would mean a "permanent" deployment akin to Voyager & Mariner. Not only that, the logisitcs of where she could port as she makes her way around South America. This sounds like a real issue if the China rumor becomes real.

Can anyone confirm if OASIS can fit in the Suez? if that would be her route to China

Personally I still do not think she will go...my gut is saying PC

Can anyone confirm if OASIS can fit in the Suez? if that would be her route to China

Personally I still do not think she will go...my gut is saying PC

Suez has no locks like Panama, so there's no length limit. The draft limit is something like 60', so way more than Oasis needs. There is a 50m beam limit, and I believe Oasis is just under that at the waterline. Lastly, there is a bridge with a 68m air draft, and Oasis fits under the Great Belt Bridge at 65m with it's stacks retracted. So I believe she will fit.

My preferences for the OASIS class is OASIS to PC, Harmony OASIS 3 to Fort Lauderdale and Allure part time Europe part time FL

I really don't think they would put 3 Oasis class ships out of Florida at the same time except for maybe that 'photo op' of the 3 ships together.

There is too much we don't know about Oasis 3, and I tend to believe it will be more 'all weather' than the other 2.

With that said, along with the statement I read recently regarding 'US Cruise Market Remains Flat' (or something like that), makes me believe Oasis 3 will be put overseas (somewhere).

Suez has no locks like Panama, so there's no length limit. The draft limit is something like 60', so way more than Oasis needs. There is a 50m beam limit, and I believe Oasis is just under that at the waterline. Lastly, there is a bridge with a 68m air draft, and Oasis fits under the Great Belt Bridge at 65m with it's stacks retracted. So I believe she will fit.

as always Thank You...

I really don't think they would put 3 Oasis class ships out of Florida at the same time except for maybe that 'photo op' of the 3 ships together.

There is too much we don't know about Oasis 3, and I tend to believe it will be more 'all weather' than the other 2.

With that said, along with the statement I read recently regarding 'US Cruise Market Remains Flat' (or something like that), makes me believe Oasis 3 will be put overseas (somewhere).

waiting impatiently for the deployment news and enjoying the speculation. :) :)