Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Is it safe to assume that the 2016-2017 deployment schedule won't roll out until after March 10th? That's when the new promo, staring on Sat. 2/14 ends.

I'm hoping it rolls out on March 11th, the day before i disenbark QOS.

I don't think it's safe to assume anything with Royal, but my experience the last few years is that it's more likely that deployment releases are delayed beyond what they originally plan.

Is it safe to assume that the 2016-2017 deployment schedule won't roll out until after March 10th? That's when the new promo, staring on Sat. 2/14 ends.

I'm hoping it rolls out on March 11th, the day before i disenbark QOS.

That would be QUITE late, IMHO, especially compared to other lines...:rolleyes:

I personally think the deployment schedule which gives advice about the releasing dates should be available within the next two weeks - and the actual itineraries surely get to be released around March...

BTW: I could figure out some dates for Navigator otS on it's possible Europe season from Southampton 2016:

-Apr 30: Transatlantic Ft. Lauderdale - Southampton

-May 13: Mediterranean or Canary Is.

-May 29: Norwegian Fjords

-Jun 06: Canary Is.

-Jun 16: Baltic

-Jun 29: Canary Is. or Western Europe

-Jul 10, 24, Aug 07: Mediterranean

-Aug 21: Western Europe

-Aug 28: Norwegian Fjords

-Sep 04, 18: Mediterranean

-Oct 02: Canary Is.

-Oct 15: Canary Is. or Western Europe

-Oct 22: Western Europe

-Oct 29: Canary Is.

-Nov 10: Canary Is.

-Nov 20: Western Europe - heading to Med? Or Transtalantic

Edited by celebrity_fan

Yes. I believe they have tested Voyager class in Key West, but never did it again. Don't know the details.

I think I remember (CRS disease) someone posted the marinetraffic.com track on Mariner when she passed by and it didn't look like she came all the way into the pier. I don't know if that was a failed test or not?

I think I remember (CRS disease) someone posted the marinetraffic.com track on Mariner when she passed by and it didn't look like she came all the way into the pier. I don't know if that was a failed test or not?

I don't know any more about the test either. However, I do know that they did not add Key West to a New Orleans itinerary until Serenade was there, i.e., they did not have Voyager go to key West.

I don't know any more about the test either. However, I do know that they did not add Key West to a New Orleans itinerary until Serenade was there, i.e., they did not have Voyager go to key West.

Scroll down to posts #49-#51... here are the pictures of Mariner coming into Key West:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1620531&highlight=mariner+key+west&page=3

Some more great info here on these 2 threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1652599&highlight=mariner+key+west

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1620531&highlight=mariner+key+west

If the CCL Magic can port here, can Voyager Class conceivably do so as well? They are very very close to being equal in size. Comes down to risk vs. reward. Magic and dream still go to Key West.

CCL Magic:

Class & type: Dream-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 128,048 GT[3]

Length: 306 m (1,004 ft)

Beam: 37.2 m (122 ft)

Draught: 8.3 m (27 ft)

Capacity: 3,720 passengers

Crew: 1,367

RCI Voyager:

Class & type: Voyager-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 137,276 GT

Length: 311 m (1,020 ft)

Beam: 38.6 m (127 ft)

Height: 63 m (206.69 ft)

Draught: 8.8 m (29 ft)

Capacity: 3,138 passengers

Crew: 1,181 crew

Edited by Hoopster95

Sorry if I missed this, but any thoughts as to when the new schedule is coming out? I'm anxious to book for Summer 2016 (SOOOOO FAR AWAY!!!).

I wonder if both Anthem and Oasis IV will be on the books.

Beware the Ides of March is as good a guess as any

Not sure if it was posted here before and I never saw it, but while checking spring break for 2016 I noticed that Oasis has a 9 Night Eastern Caribbeen sailing departing March 17, 2016. Ports include San Juan and St Kitts. Looks pretty good. See below ports.

Oasis - Mar 17, 2016

PORTS OF CALL:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Not sure if it was posted here before and I never saw it, but while checking spring break for 2016 I noticed that Oasis has a 9 Night Eastern Caribbeen sailing departing March 17, 2016. Ports include San Juan and St Kitts. Looks pretty good. See below ports.

Oasis - Mar 17, 2016

PORTS OF CALL:

Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Labadee, Haiti; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I haven't seen this posted. I just went and checked it out, I wonder if it was recently added because there is no itinerary title, or map once you click for cruise details. I wonder if there is full carter running from Mar 12-17 (Sat-Thurs)..

I would love for one Oasis Class ship to do a 9/5 night schedule. I personally think that would work well. Atleast we now know that Oasis can definitely fit into St. Kitts and San Juan.

I haven't seen this posted. I just went and checked it out, I wonder if it was recently added because there is no itinerary title, or map once you click for cruise details. I wonder if there is full carter running from Mar 12-17 (Sat-Thurs)..

I would love for one Oasis Class ship to do a 9/5 night schedule. I personally think that would work well. Atleast we now know that Oasis can definitely fit into St. Kitts and San Juan.

The week of the 12'th was chartered quite a while ago ( we were on it and were bumped). A little while after that the 19'th to the 26'th was also removed. Turns out the charter was only for 5 days.

Happened late June, early July last year.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Beware the Ides of March is as good a guess as any

My dream would be to see 10 and 12 night cruises during the Summer out of Cape Liberty on an Oasis class during the Summer season (2nd choice would be Quantum class).

I know that during the Summer they tend to shorten the length of cruises out of Cape Liberty/NY, but hey, I can dream!

Edited by Overtyme

A while back in August of 2014 or so the charter and some dates showing N/A was being discuss in another thread. You may recall some of us saying it was odd to have charter during spring break. I did a double take when I saw it last night and you are right it is not showing the number of nights or itenarary title or map. I took a screen shot of it. We will wait until the rest of the 2016 Deployment is released before we decide. This sailing is very appealing though and may be the first for Oasis that I recall for Caribbean sailings.

Oasis - Mar 17, 2016

PORTS OF CALL:

This would be the 2nd 9 night Caribbean sailing for Oasis ever, the first one was a 9 night new year cruise in 2010. There was another 9 day new years cruise offered in 2011 by Allure which was actually the first and last time until now for a Oasis Class ship to dock in St. Kitts. For San Juan it will be the first time next year.

This would be the 2nd 9 night Caribbean sailing for Oasis ever, the first one was a 9 night new year cruise in 2010. There was another 9 day new years cruise offered in 2011 by Allure which was actually the first and last time until now for a Oasis Class ship to dock in St. Kitts. For San Juan it will be the first time next year.

An Oasis Class ship will call at San Juan?? :confused: When?

But surely one of those ships will not be based at San Juan - Freedom otS is very likely to be homeported there from April/May 2016...

I am still impatiently waiting for the deployment schedule for 2016/17... :rolleyes: let's hope to have some information soon...

An Oasis Class ship will call at San Juan?? :confused: When?

But surely one of those ships will not be based at San Juan - Freedom otS is very likely to be homeported there from April/May 2016...

I am still impatiently waiting for the deployment schedule for 2016/17... :rolleyes: let's hope to have some information soon...

Oasis is doing a 9 day itinerary 3'rd week of March 2016 and will call on San Juan then.. The cruise from March 12 to 19 was chartered but only for 5 days so they made the cruise after a couple days longer. Also stopping at St. Kitts.

Oasis is doing a 9 day itinerary 3'rd week of March 2016 and will call on San Juan then.. The cruise from March 12 to 19 was chartered but only for 5 days so they made the cruise after a couple days longer. Also stopping at St. Kitts.

Ah thank you, I have overlooked it... :o

I really do not understand at all, why this cruise is so expensive... :eek: just a common Caribbean cruise on just a huge ship - is there still such an Oasis Class hype that RCI can sell cruises on those ships at such high prices??!!

Any other news so far regarding rumors on next year's deployment? The thread has become silent recently... [emoji5]

I'm guessing the high prices might be somewhat caused by the fact that its prime spring break time. Easter is the 27th, and the Oasis returns the 26th. This cruise would actually work out perfectly for me, but I'm looking to go somewhere other than the Caribbean next year (hopefully Europe!). But I'll see how I like the Oasis after my cruise in May before I say its a definite no. ;)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Talking off high prices. Allure med from Barcelona is currently around $2000 for a 7 night in an inside. They are selling well, so maybe an Oasis class might be in Europe more than we think. The Ta's also sell good

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Talking off high prices. Allure med from Barcelona is currently around $2000 for a 7 night in an inside. They are selling well, so maybe an Oasis class might be in Europe more than we think. The Ta's also sell good

At least one Oasis Class ship shall sail Europe again in 2016, maybe it is even Oasis III, if the Med cruises from Barcelona are selling well... or Oasis itself, if she really moves to Asia after that...

It seems that Anthem (Quantum Class) out of Southampton is not selling that well - I think I have heard many UK/European passangers regret that Independence will not come back to Southampton in 2015, but that might happen in 2016, if the European cruise lists are reliable...

Voyager Class out of Southampton, however, works and sells quite well...

At least one Oasis Class ship shall sail Europe again in 2016, maybe it is even Oasis III, if the Med cruises from Barcelona are selling well... or Oasis itself, if she really moves to Asia after that...

It seems that Anthem (Quantum Class) out of Southampton is not selling that well - I think I have heard many UK/European passangers regret that Independence will not come back to Southampton in 2015, but that might happen in 2016, if the European cruise lists are reliable...

Voyager Class out of Southampton, however, works and sells quite well...

I agree,

The Allure and Oasis certainly have the "WOW" Factor to them and the Europeans are certainly taking advantage. I'm planning the Allure myself :D

Independence was "our ship" for many years and many seasoned RCI cruisers are underwhelmed with Anthem, so Explorer is selling much better.

I hope Indy does come back to Southampton next year but the flight to Barcelona will be worth the Allure this year :cool:

Edited by Joe12

I agree,

The Allure and Oasis certainly have the "WOW" Factor to them and the Europeans are certainly taking advantage. I'm planning the Allure myself :D

Independence was "our ship" for many years and many seasoned RCI cruisers are underwhelmed with Anthem, so Explorer is selling much better.

I hope Indy does come back to Southampton next year but the flight to Barcelona will be worth the Allure this year :cool:

Yeah, if many UK's/Europeans are not really impressed by Anthem or Q Class at all, than it would really make sense to bring Indy back to Southampton, and it seems that Navigator will be the second ship sailing from Southampton in 2016 - I expect this ship will sell very well... :)

I'd also book Freedom/Voyager Class rather than Quantum Class...

Under these circumstances the chances that Ovation sails from Southampton in 2016 become less more and more - I would also love to see Indy (or any other Freedom Class ship) back in Europe, since we plan a TA and really would love to sail on either Freedom or Voyager Class! [emoji5]

IMHO the new Quantum Class (and actually also Oasia Class) are more appealing for the US market (and also growing Asian market) with clients seeking for the latest gimmicks and bells and whistles...

Edited by celebrity_fan