Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Gibraltar has today updated calls and switched most Anthem and Adventure bookings over to Indy and Navigator.

The agent booking lists the passenger profile for Independence of the Seas as 'British' and the passenger profile for Navigator as 'International' in the new bookings.

These bookings along with the recent bookings at Riviera Ports and Palma seem to indicate that Navigator and Indy will be home ported in Southampton for the season.

Now Adventure appears as the wildcard with a few bookings remaining around Europe, even at ports that have updated recently.

Gibraltar has today updated calls and switched most Anthem and Adventure bookings over to Indy and Navigator.

The agent booking lists the passenger profile for Independence of the Seas as 'British' and the passenger profile for Navigator as 'International' in the new bookings.

These bookings along with the recent bookings at Riviera Ports and Palma seem to indicate that Navigator and Indy will be home ported in Southampton for the season.

Now Adventure appears as the wildcard with a few bookings remaining around Europe, even at ports that have updated recently.

Interesting that Independence otS now shows up at several ports in Europe in 2016... :confused:

Will she really return to Europe? If so, would be great - since we plan a Transatlanric in April/May 2016, would be great to have a choice between Indy and Navi, we do not really want to sail Quantum Class...

But it would be strange for me, to replace Anthem by Indy again?

My explaination is that Indy is just a placeholder for Ovation, but we will see - maybe Ovation is also due to sail from Ft. Lauderdale indetead of one of the Oasis Class ships - so Ovation and Allure sail from Ft. Lauderdale during summer period, or:

-Allure and Oasis III from Ft. Lauderdale

-Ovation (or Anthem) from Pt. Canaveral, Freedom moving to San Juan.

Can you see any type of exit point from Europe for Ovation, Navigator or Independence to the USA or Asia.

Can you see any type of exit point from Europe for Ovation, Navigator or Independence to the USA or Asia.

Here's the link

http://www.gibraltarport.com/cruise/schedules

As follows;

Gibraltar 2016

Apr 29th Brilliance

May 8th Anthem

17th Indy

June 7th Indy

21st Indy

July 13th Navigator

19th Indy

27th Navigator

Aug 2nd Indy

10th Navigator

16th Indy

30th Indy

Sept 7th Navigator

21st Navigator

22nd Indy

Oct 18th Adventure

20th Brilliance

26th Allure

Looks like Allure will do a summer on the Med again

Edited by bigeck

Which ports would a ship visit when bound for the far east that also publish their schedules well in advance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhapsody appears to head to South America via Lisbon, Funchal, Tenerif the 2nd week of November, 2016.

Brilliance appears to return to Tampa via Gibraltar and Funchal in late October 2016.

Navigator appears to return to the US from Southampton on the 11th of November, 2016 calling on Funchal, and Tenerife on the way.

Indy appears to leave mid-October 2016 from Southampton with calls at Funchal and Tenerife on the way to the US.

Serenade appears to leave Copenhagen for a TA via Reykjavik in early September. Reykjavik last updated on Nov. 3, 2014 and still showed Brilliance as well.

No evidence found for Splendour in either direction after arrival at Venice in April of 2016.

Vision is last found leaving Venice in mid-Novmeber bound for Kusadasi via Dubrovnik at this time and might be headed to Istanbul or elsewhere for a Suez sailing to Dubai initially. There is no westbound evidence for Vision. Vision bookings are recent.

Punta Delgada Azores has not published their calls for 2016 and would be other exit port for westbound TAs.

Everything is fluid and changes happening almost daily moving toward next months deployment announcement.

Interesting that Independence otS now shows up at several ports in Europe in 2016... :confused:

Will she really return to Europe? If so, would be great - since we plan a Transatlanric in April/May 2016, would be great to have a choice between Indy and Navi, we do not really want to sail Quantum Class...

But it would be strange for me, to replace Anthem by Indy again?

My explaination is that Indy is just a placeholder for Ovation, but we will see - maybe Ovation is also due to sail from Ft. Lauderdale indetead of one of the Oasis Class ships - so Ovation and Allure sail from Ft. Lauderdale during summer period, or:

-Allure and Oasis III from Ft. Lauderdale

-Ovation (or Anthem) from Pt. Canaveral, Freedom moving to San Juan.

That's statring to seem like the most likely possibility: Ovation right to the US after her debut. I understand your thinking that Indy is just a placeholder, but didn't MadFlyer say that the Anthem bookings are being replaced by Indy? Why would they do that if she was just a placeholder?

Rhapsody appears to head to South America via Lisbon, Funchal, Tenerif the 2nd week of November, 2016.

Brilliance appears to return to Tampa via Gibraltar and Funchal in late October 2016.

Navigator appears to return to the US from Southampton on the 11th of November, 2016 calling on Funchal, and Tenerife on the way.

Indy appears to leave mid-October 2016 from Southampton with calls at Funchal and Tenerife on the way to the US.

Serenade appears to leave Copenhagen for a TA via Reykjavik in early September. Reykjavik last updated on Nov. 3, 2014 and still showed Brilliance as well.

No evidence found for Splendour in either direction after arrival at Venice in April of 2016.

Vision is last found leaving Venice in mid-Novmeber bound for Kusadasi via Dubrovnik at this time and might be headed to Istanbul or elsewhere for a Suez sailing to Dubai initially. There is no westbound evidence for Vision. Vision bookings are recent.

Punta Delgada Azores has not published their calls for 2016 and would be other exit port for westbound TAs.

Everything is fluid and changes happening almost daily moving toward next months deployment announcement.

This year Explorer does Southampton with Anthem. Next year Navigator will do the fjords that Explorer is doing.

I have done mostly Ta's and apart from Serenade and Brilliance, they usually leave late Oct early Nov.

I've always had a thought that Rci would keep a ship year round in Barcelona. Ncl Epic is staying there this year. Maybe Vision will stay

That's statring to seem like the most likely possibility: Ovation right to the US after her debut. I understand your thinking that Indy is just a placeholder, but didn't MadFlyer say that the Anthem bookings are being replaced by Indy? Why would they do that if she was just a placeholder?

In fact that's right, if Indy were a placeholder, Anthem wouldn't have been swapped by Indy.

Than Anthem could stay in the lists until RCI officially announces the deployment for Ovation. So maybe Indy is really coming back to Europe...

But logistically it does not really make sense, IMHO: Ovation, being built in Europe, sent to US directly after her debut, and Indy back to Europe?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

In fact that's right, if Indy were a placeholder, Anthem wouldn't have been swapped by Indy.

Than Anthem could stay in the lists until RCI officially announces the deployment for Ovation. So maybe Indy is really coming back to Europe...

But logistically it does not really make sense, IMHO: Ovation, being built in Europe, sent to US directly after her debut, and Indy back to Europe?

And I agree with you, it doesn't make sense. But from the evidence gained from the port schedules, its starting to appear that way.

I think Ovation will leave immediately.

Indy leaving didn't go down too well in Uk and I'm not sure Anthem with high prices is selling as good as they wished. Adventure done well and Explorer is doing well this year.

Navigator will also do well

This year Explorer does Southampton with Anthem. Next year Navigator will do the fjords that Explorer is doing.

I have done mostly Ta's and apart from Serenade and Brilliance, they usually leave late Oct early Nov.

I've always had a thought that Rci would keep a ship year round in Barcelona. Ncl Epic is staying there this year. Maybe Vision will stay

Yeah, in 2016 Navi and Indy or Ovation are sailing from Southampton, most likely.

Brilliance still is a big question for me, since she appears on the cruise List of Gibraltar and Villefranche, but also Le Havre, and Reykjavik... And all lists have been updated some days ago... So still it is not clear whether she will be based at Barcelona or Harwich... :confused: :confused:

Another option for Barcelona are Splendour or Rhapsody.

:confused:

Vision, however might switch to Dubai and Emirates after Europe, or directly head to Australia, since she is likely to replace Radiance there. It was mentioned in another thread.

Navi also might head to Asia änd Australia after Europe in Nov 2016, similar to Explorer in 2015... :)

And I agree with you, it doesn't make sense. But from the evidence gained from the port schedules, its starting to appear that way.

Seems to be like that.

And as bigeck mentioned a few moments ago, maybe Anthem is not really selling well in Europe and doing better in US, since such passengers demand for her attractions she has to offer...

BTW: I'd also rather book Freedom or Voyager class than Quantum... ;)

Than another possibility is that Ovation might do the runs from Bayonne and Anthem from Ft Lauderdale... Or the other way around...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Here's the link

http://www.gibraltarport.com/cruise/schedules

As follows;

Gibraltar 2016

Apr 29th Brilliance

May 8th Anthem

17th Indy

June 7th Indy

21st Indy

July 13th Navigator

19th Indy

27th Navigator

Aug 2nd Indy

10th Navigator

16th Indy

30th Indy

Sept 7th Navigator

21st Navigator

22nd Indy

Oct 18th Adventure

20th Brilliance

26th Allure

Looks like Allure will do a summer on the Med again

Thanks for the link.

Since Allure is open for booking in Caribbean until end of May 2016, I do not really think she will move to Europe.

I reckon either Oasis or Oasis 3...

I actually think that Oasis 3 will have her maiden season in Europe. seems like the perfect time for sailing to commence as she comes out late spring/early summer. That leaves me to think that Oasis herself will be redeployed in the Far East. We tend to have much older ships in Asia then you guys in the Americas. Also Oasis although 5-6ish years old is condsidered new by our standards here.

I actually think that Oasis 3 will have her maiden season in Europe. seems like the perfect time for sailing to commence as she comes out late spring/early summer. That leaves me to think that Oasis herself will be redeployed in the Far East. We tend to have much older ships in Asia then you guys in the Americas. Also Oasis although 5-6ish years old is condsidered new by our standards here.

Since Oasis is appearing on the cruise list of Singapore, it is very possible that she might be transferred to Asia sooner or later.

Maybe when Oasis III is heading to US after Europe...

Or Oasis Europe and than Asia...

Since Oasis is appearing on the cruise list of Singapore, it is very possible that she might be transferred to Asia sooner or later.

Maybe when Oasis III is heading to US after Europe...

Or Oasis Europe and than Asia...

I was thinking the same thing! Guess we will have to wait and see!

I was thinking the same thing! Guess we will have to wait and see!

In fact we have!

But I am wondering at all that RCI might consider to send more ships to Asia...

With Explorer and Legend joining the market in late 2015, don't they have enough ships there??

In fact we have!

But I am wondering at all that RCI might consider to send more ships to Asia...

With Explorer and Legend joining the market in late 2015, don't they have enough ships there??

Isn't Navigator coming as well? I know that her name is listed on the port website and I don't think its a placeholder cause Explorer is listed as well. so that would leave Asia with Quantum (for a while), Legend, Explorer, Mariner, Navigator and partly Voyager? Thats jump is a few too many from previous years