Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Isn't Navigator coming as well? I know that her name is listed on the port website and I don't think its a placeholder cause Explorer is listed as well. so that would leave Asia with Quantum (for a while), Legend, Explorer, Mariner, Navigator and partly Voyager? Thats jump is a few too many from previous years

At least Navi is listed at Singapore, but maybe she is heading to Australia and she stops at Dubai, India and Singapore on her transfer cruise to Australia.

But you are right, there gonna be a lot of RCI ships sailing Asia...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

At least Navi is listed at Singapore, but maybe she is heading to Australia and she stops at Dubai, India and Singapore on her transfer cruise to Australia.

But you are right, there gonna be a lot of RCI ships sailing Asia...

Explorer is currently sailing Australian itineraries. So if Navigator is added, would that mean Explorer is redeployed elsewhere? Or serve as another ship to supply demand there?

Explorer is currently sailing Australian itineraries. So if Navigator is added, would that mean Explorer is redeployed elsewhere? Or serve as another ship to supply demand there?

Since Radiance is rumored to leave Australia after spring 16, I see Navi fitting in for her and Explorer keeps on doing Australia as well...

Since Oasis is appearing on the cruise list of Singapore, it is very possible that she might be transferred to Asia sooner or later.

Maybe when Oasis III is heading to US after Europe...

Or Oasis Europe and than Asia...

If Oasis III does get a water slide do you think that may be a factor in homeporting her in PC over PE?

If Oasis III does get a water slide do you think that may be a factor in homeporting her in PC over PE?

I do not have any clue, to be honest... :o

But if RCI plans to deploy one ship out of Pt. Canaveral, than I do not think that the newest Oasis ship will sail from there, surely Allure or Oasis - the newest one surely will be represent itself in Ft. Lauderdale...

but another possibility is that none of the Oasis Class ships sails from Pt. Canaveral, and a Quantum Class ship instead...

Isn't Navigator coming as well? I know that her name is listed on the port website and I don't think its a placeholder cause Explorer is listed as well. so that would leave Asia with Quantum (for a while), Legend, Explorer, Mariner, Navigator and partly Voyager? Thats jump is a few too many from previous years

With Rhapsody gone, and now the rumour of Radiance leaving Oz as well, minimum one of the above ships need to take over the Transpacifics through Hawaii for the Alaska season. No way RCI will be dumping the Transpacific itinerary, always higher priced and sells out. I'm actually surprised they didn't replace Rhapsody right away. We now see Jewel on the Monterey port list so weère figuring JOS is doing Alaska again in 2016, but one of the above in Asia/Oz ships will likely come over in place of Radiance.

Any guesses?? I don't see Legend doing this nor the "Asiafied" Mariner.... leaving Q, NOS, ExOS and VoyOS. Only one of the above ships have the outward focus, huge indoor pool PLUS massive solarium, with more glass than Radiance Class... Of course, I'm on the Q bandwagon big time!!! :D

With Rhapsody gone, and now the rumour of Radiance leaving Oz as well, minimum one of the above ships need to take over the Transpacifics through Hawaii for the Alaska season. No way RCI will be dumping the Transpacific itinerary, always higher priced and sells out. I'm actually surprised they didn't replace Rhapsody right away. We now see Jewel on the Monterey port list so weère figuring JOS is doing Alaska again in 2016, but one of the above in Asia/Oz ships will likely come over in place of Radiance.

Any guesses?? I don't see Legend doing this nor the "Asiafied" Mariner.... leaving Q, NOS, ExOS and VoyOS. Only one of the above ships have the outward focus, huge indoor pool PLUS massive solarium, with more glass than Radiance Class... Of course, I'm on the Q bandwagon big time!!! :D

Would there be a size issue with Q calling in Juneau, Ketchikan and other ports on that itinerary though? I too want to believe that it will be Q in Alaska

You all want Quantum doing Alaska, right?? :D :D

First of all: How true is the rumor of Radiance leaving Australia/NZ? If she is doing so and Radiance sails Panama Canal/Caribbean from fall 2016 than, another ship needs to fit in for Radiance.

IMHO not Jewel, since she surely sails out of San Juan in winter again.

Than one of those ships already being deployed in Asia/Australia or expected to join - IMHO, Navigator is the most likely option - RCI would have Navigator, Explorer, Voyager and Legend for Australia, and MAYBE Vision, if she really fits in for Radiance, according to rumors.

That would mean that the Hawaii/Pacific sailings are dropped down...

Quantum I see staying in Asia, since she will be "Asianized" on her transit to Far East - so IMHO no option for Alaska.

And for me, also size matters, when regarding Alaska...

Would there be a size issue with Q calling in Juneau, Ketchikan and other ports on that itinerary though? I too want to believe that it will be Q in Alaska

Post #242:

Class & type: Quantum-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 168,666 GT[5]

Length: 347.1 m (1,139 ft)[5]

Beam: 49.5 m (162 ft) (max)[5]

41.4 m (136 ft) (waterline)[5]

Draught: 8.8 m (29 ft)[5]

Class & type: Solstice-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 121,878 GT[1]

82,363 NT[1]

9,500 DWT[1]

Length: 1,033 ft (314.86 m)

Beam: 121 ft (36.88 m)

Draft: 27 ft (8.23 m)

Quantum is only 15 feet wider and 100feet longer than Solstice which already travels through the waters of Alaska. She gets into the ports just fine and spins around the fjord at the glaciers just fine also.

I just cannot see 40 feet of width and 100 feet longer than a ship already doing the Alaska itinerary being too big. Juneau and Skagway piers are huge, as are Victoria and Seattle as a home port. I already looked up Tracey Arm Fjord shortest width on a previous thread weeks ago and it's more than double the length of Quantum.

Below is Skagway pier with Rhapsody and Radiance end-to-end with even more room after Radiance

DSC03196_zpsdd366395.jpg

Below is Juneau with Radiance in front and Rhapsody out in the middle.

P1080523_zpsc5979e32.jpg

Tracey Arm Fjord at the end facing Sawyer's Glacier. Solstice spins around here no problem. I estimate the width here approx 3-4 times the length of Rhapsody. I have no clue of the depth of the water however, but Rhapsody did go very close to one side in Sept 2013 (end of season) as there were so many ice flows we did not get all the way up to the Glacier. We had to stop. The photo below is from 2010 July.

P1080948_zps404af9e0.jpg

Do any of the above look to be too small for Quantum?

Edited by Hoopster95

Okay, maybe you are right, Quantum might not be too big for Alaska, and the Alaskan ports could handle such a huge ship.

But for me there are other factors which prevent Quantum from sailing Alaska:

-Do markets such as Alaska need ships, where the ship itself is the destination, with all those bells and whistles? IMHO Quantum (and her sister ships) would do better in China/Asia or markets such as Bahamas, Caribbean and maybe Europe. Alaska is about the destination and nature.

-Quantum will be modified for Asian demands - after her Asia season, I cannot imagine she will be medified again to cater for the American clients again...

-Even if Quantum could access the Alaskan ports - could she call at Bora Bora, Fiji and Hawaii, where she needs to call on her Transpacific Voyage? And at the beginning/end of Alaska season, she would need to call at Vancouver - could she pass Lions Gate Bridge, even with retractable funnels?

I think there are even limits for Solstice...

In previous years there would be a link on the Royal website showing when the schedules for various areas (Caribbean, Europe, etc.) would be available. Is there a link or webpage this year with that information or are they not even bothering to put that out?

thanks

In previous years there would be a link on the Royal website showing when the schedules for various areas (Caribbean, Europe, etc.) would be available. Is there a link or webpage this year with that information or are they not even bothering to put that out?

thanks

Nothing yet. I would imagine that one would be coming as I can't see them releasing everything at once, although with it getting this late I suspect that it will be a larger initial release that it was last year.

Okay, maybe you are right, Quantum might not be too big for Alaska, and the Alaskan ports could handle such a huge ship.

-Do markets such as Alaska need ships, where the ship itself is the destination, with all those bells and whistles? IMHO Quantum (and her sister ships) would do better in China/Asia or markets such as Bahamas, Caribbean and maybe Europe. Alaska is about the destination and nature.

-Quantum will be modified for Asian demands - after her Asia season, I cannot imagine she will be medified again to cater for the American clients again...

-Even if Quantum could access the Alaskan ports - could she call at Bora Bora, Fiji and Hawaii, where she needs to call on her Transpacific Voyage? And at the beginning/end of Alaska season, she would need to call at Vancouver - could she pass Lions Gate Bridge, even with retractable funnels?

These are all really good points:

-Do markets such as Alaska need ships, where the ship itself is the destination, with all those bells and whistles?

I think so! :D It would knock the socks off the competition. I wish you could sail on Q so you can see for yourself... Unfortunately you will just have to trust me on this one as I've just sailed on Q and Radiance Class (serenade) in the last 5 months and have been on every class of ship in the RCI fleet. Q would absolutely kill on an Alaskan cruise! Plus there are 4 seas days (if you include day #1 sitting at the pier in Seattle). I know many locals who cruise Alaska yearly, and like Floridans to Nassau/Cozumel, they stay on the ship pretty much the entire 7 days.

-Quantum will be modified for Asian demands - after her Asia season, I cannot imagine she will be modified again to cater for the American clients again...

I agree. I see this as the biggest issue

-Even if Quantum could access the Alaskan ports - could she call at Bora Bora, Fiji and Hawaii, where she needs to call on her Transpacific Voyage?

I don't know. Is there someone here on CC who have been to these ports and can comment? Can't see Hawaii being a problem. Remember Q tenders in Cococay as does Freedom Class ships in Cococay/Belize, so they can tender anywhere just as easily as a Radiance Class ship.

- And at the beginning/end of Alaska season, she would need to call at Vancouver - could she pass Lions Gate Bridge, even with retractable funnels?

Yes you're right. Solstice uses retractable funnels to get under the Lion's gate in Vancouver. I can't see a way according to the math I've used (obviously I'm no expert) that Q can get under, even with her retractables. Having said that, note what Legend of the Seas and Celebrity does on it's Hawaii repo from Ensenada (instead of San Diego due to the PVSA)... I figure Q can board everyone in Victoria imo for it's Hawaii repo back to Asia rather than Vancouver.

When there's a will there's a way ;)... but I think my dream only has a 0.1% chance of happening anyways. So if it isn't Q, Legend or the Asiafied Mariner,

which ship will it be coming back from Asia/Oz through Hawaii to do Alaska? Nos, VoyOS or ExOS? Or zero Hawaii sailing at all??:mad::confused:

Maybe the guesses on this entire thread are way off so far and either Radiance stays in OZ or Jewel heads over there instead of coming back to San Juan.

Retractable funnels?

Retractable funnels?

Oasis and Allure have funnels that can retracted somewhat to enable them to pass under some bridges. They retracted the funnels before they went under the Great Belt Bridge in Denmark.

These are all really good points:

When there's a will there's a way ;)... but I think my dream only has a 0.1% chance of happening anyways. So if it isn't Q, Legend or the Asiafied Mariner,

which ship will it be coming back from Asia/Oz through Hawaii to do Alaska? Nos, VoyOS or ExOS? Or zero Hawaii sailing at all??:mad::confused:

Maybe the guesses on this entire thread are way off so far and either Radiance stays in OZ or Jewel heads over there instead of coming back to San Juan.

Yeah ok, you might be right, that Quantum would "kill" competitors - but I must honestly say that I'd rather book Radiance- or Vision-Class (when talking about RCI), or Millennium-Class (Celebrity) or Vista-Signature-Class (HAL), all with roughly 80000 to 90000 GT - but this differs from person to person... :)

But I think, although it wouldn't be impossible to send Quantum to Alaska, it might not happen in (near) future, since RCI surely intends to establish her in Asia, and maybe Australia...

I personally do not see Legend doing Alaska and Transpacific (would be a huge step backward, compared to Radiance and Jewel), and Mariner surely not as well - she has also been modified for Asia, and she does not have any indoor pool...

So it seems that the Hawaii sailings might be dropped down, if Radiance will not return to Austarlia - would be sad... :(

Maybe some Hawaii round-trips are offered, before Radiance might switch to Caribbean via Panama Canal for her winter season...

I found it interesting that Celebrity announced their deployment schedule early booking period on October 8th, 2014, a full month prior to their November 11 th first deployment opening for sale for loyalty members.

The order of Celebrity deployment was also interesting with Europe out first, followed by Alaska, Bermuda and Canada/NE. They then went with Australia, Panama Canal, South America and Galapagos, followed by Asia and then lastly their Caribbean sailings over the period of 5 weeks.

I have wondered if early booking statistics from Celebrity were being shared with RCI prior to the deployment of RCI ships.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Flyers/14040978_CEL_Deployment_Open_Schedule_2016_2017.pdf

I personally do not see Legend doing Alaska and Transpacific (would be a huge step backward, compared to Radiance and Jewel), and Mariner surely not as well - she has also been modified for Asia, and she does not have any indoor pool...

I am not sure what to read through the only RCI bookings at Hong Kong. They have not booked Voyager's turn-around cruises , but have the few bookings for Legend over the year, with May 2016, October 2016 and April 2017 booked.

http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/schedule/