Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Do you think this suggests that Anthem is on her way somewhere but not the UK again? This stop in May would be almost at the end of a TA Eastbound wouldn't it?? Looks like her last Caribbean sailing ends on 30 April. Then a TA leaving that day??

Anthem and Adventure were booked for the entire summer and were the ships booked out of Southampton and were changed just last week over to Navigator and Indy at Gibraltar. Navigator and Indy at the same time took the calls at Palma and Riviera Ports just the week before.

Funchal and Gibraltar changed to Anthem and Indy just last week and both left a couple of sailings standing when they did this.

I had posted all of these bookings months ago on the other thread that was running.

Whether these two calls are movements of ships or errors are unclear.

The dates of the Allure in the Med along with her TA were also evident months ago and are still standing.

Many ports have had the same bookings for many months, while others have been updated just recently.

Some ports tell you when they have last updated, like Copenhagen, where the ships there were booked prior to November 2014 and they have not updated since.

Voyager had some traditional life boats installed during the Singapore drydock, and I would expect Explorer will have the same, my question is does Navigator and Quantum have the lifeboats come tenders.

Navigator tenders in Belize and Quantum tenders at RCL's private island of Cococay in the Bahamas, I believe smaller than any South Pacific island that Legend or Radiance calls. Cococay has it's own tenders though, so I truly don't know whether Quantum has lifeboats doubled as tenders. I assume it would being a new ship, as on my Serenade cruise in Septemeber we used the ships's own "tenders" which doubled as life boats. I've also been on the Enchantment own tenders in Rhode Island. Perhaps every ship has these now. Can anyone confirm?

I know that Legend had a couple and one was out of service on the TA as we had one tender port and then one 'forced' tender port due to fog last September. This caused severe delays and some had to wait a couple of hours to get 'tender tickets'

The only definitive thing I have read was over at 'Beyondships' interview with the Captain of Adventure of the Seas.

Taken from beyondships :

Adventure of the Seas never uses its lifeboats to carry passengers back and forth to the ship in ports of call. “We don't use them at all for tender operation. So if we are in a tender port, we need to have shoreside tender support, which we do when we go to, for example, Villefranche. We have a shoreside tender come along side.”

There are two reasons for this. First, from a practical standpoint, if a boat were to be damaged during tender operations, it would reduce the ship's ability to respond to an emergency. Second, tit would be against the law. “The rulings say strictly that lifeboats cannot be used for tender operation.”

But don't cruise ships, including some Royal Caribbean cruise ships, routinely use their own boats for tendering? Captain Gronhaug answered by pointing out that the boats that such ships use for tendering are specific boats that are actually classified as both tenders and lifeboats.

To illustrate, “the Radiance class vessels have two tenders on each side - - four tenders. They are tenders but they can be used as lifeboats. They have a different capacity when they are used as tenders than when they are used as lifeboats. When you are through with tender operations, they have to be put back exactly in the same condition as lifeboats so they can be used as lifeboats.”

I know that Legend had a couple and one was out of service on the TA as we had one tender port and then one 'forced' tender port due to fog last September. This caused severe delays and some had to wait a couple of hours to get 'tender tickets'

The only definitive thing I have read was over at 'Beyondships' interview with the Captain of Adventure of the Seas.

Taken from beyondships :

Adventure of the Seas never uses its lifeboats to carry passengers back and forth to the ship in ports of call. “We don't use them at all for tender operation. So if we are in a tender port, we need to have shoreside tender support, which we do when we go to, for example, Villefranche. We have a shoreside tender come along side.”

There are two reasons for this. First, from a practical standpoint, if a boat were to be damaged during tender operations, it would reduce the ship's ability to respond to an emergency. Second, tit would be against the law. “The rulings say strictly that lifeboats cannot be used for tender operation.”

But don't cruise ships, including some Royal Caribbean cruise ships, routinely use their own boats for tendering? Captain Gronhaug answered by pointing out that the boats that such ships use for tendering are specific boats that are actually classified as both tenders and lifeboats.

To illustrate, “the Radiance class vessels have two tenders on each side - - four tenders. They are tenders but they can be used as lifeboats. They have a different capacity when they are used as tenders than when they are used as lifeboats. When you are through with tender operations, they have to be put back exactly in the same condition as lifeboats so they can be used as lifeboats.”

Enchantment uses it's lifeboats of tender. ImageUploadedByForums1423773989.347910.jpg.19e4fec29a389ebeb1ae62bf84502d00.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423774096.154617.jpg.d7b8bae2ebd4bb9a7e66587496f3b369.jpg

It was a really enjoyable ride :)

Navigator tenders in Belize and Quantum tenders at RCL's private island of Cococay in the Bahamas, I believe smaller than any South Pacific island that Legend or Radiance calls. Cococay has it's own tenders though, so I truly don't know whether Quantum has lifeboats doubled as tenders. I assume it would being a new ship, as on my Serenade cruise in Septemeber we used the ships's own "tenders" which doubled as life boats. I've also been on the Enchantment own tenders in Rhode Island. Perhaps every ship has these now. Can anyone confirm?

If Navigator came to Oz she'd need to use her own tenders as the small island ports don't have any shore based tender operators. In most cases there are just some villagers with a tinnie and outboard. [emoji3]

At Belize Navigator uses shore based tenders. I don't know if she has any of the tender lifeboats fitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Voyager had some traditional life boats installed during the Singapore drydock, and I would expect Explorer will have the same, my question is does Navigator and Quantum have the lifeboats come tenders.

At this stage only Voyager has the Tender/Lifeboats from the larger class of ships. Radiance and Vision Class always had 4 Tender/Lifeboats.

Voyager and Explorer must have their own tenders because they both run (or will run) tender operations at Isle of Pines and Mystery Island, for example. We have tendered ashore at those islands on Radiance and that was pretty slow. There were no shore based tender operators at those two islands when we visited.

Voyager and Explorer must have their own tenders because they both run (or will run) tender operations at Isle of Pines and Mystery Island, for example. We have tendered ashore at those islands on Radiance and that was pretty slow. There were no shore based tender operators at those two islands when we visited.

Voyager has own tenders and Explorer is getting tenders.

With all of the overseas talk of the deployment how about some gueses for the Florida ports.

Here is what I predict

Port Canaveral:

Enchantment stays for 3/4 day; If Enchantment leaves for Miami they could bring in a Radiance or Voyager class to take over.

Oasis Class takes over for Freedom

Port Everglades

2 Oasis Class ships running or an Oasis Class and Freedom class doing the 7 days.

Winter will see a Voyager Class and Radiance class joining the schedule

Tampa:

Brilliance will return

Miami:

With Majesty leaving this leaves a whole. I think a Vision class will take over. Enchantment is a possibility but what will replace Enchantment in Port Canaveral.

Well that is my guess of what will happen

Edited by Ander026
added Tampa

Here is what I predict

Port Canaveral:

Oasis Class takes over for Freedom

Port Everglades

2 Oasis Class ships running or an Oasis Class and Freedom class doing the 7 days.

While you are predicting, what itineraries would these ships do?

Sorry, but I really do NOT see a Radiance Class ship sailing the short runs from Miami...

Those efficient ships are designed for longer cruises and environmental sensitive areas.

I personally see Enchantment or Grandeur fitting in for Majesty, if those sailings are not dropped down at all...

Navigator without any tender boats surely will not do the South Pacific Island routes, she surely sails the New Zealand itineraries than... [emoji5]

And, to bring Florida into topic: Freedom most likely switches to San Juan, Oasis or Quantum Class sails from Port Canaveral.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by celebrity_fan

Does anyone know when the new Deployment Schedules will come out?

Carol:)

They never meet their own deployment schedule, so maybe they've abandoned that idea and will just release the new itineraries when they're ready [emoji5]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when the new Deployment Schedules will come out?

In the chat yesterday with the President of RCL, He said in a few weeks, Vicki Freed said in march.. so technically both would be correct if they are opening up in March.

I really don't think it is a good idea to let a Voyager class ship do the short runs from Miami.

I agree. Better to move Enchantment down to Miami for the short runs and a Voyager class ship to Port Canaveral.

It would be nice to see a list of when they are going to post all the Itinearies on here so we can pick the ones we want to do:eek:

I'm with you Carol. I'm the group coordinator for a group to sail on Allure or the Oasis for June 2016. The group is getting restless with waiting. We originally booked the May 29, 2016 sailing last April but found out the graduation was the Tuesday after Memorial Day. This will be a first Royal cruise for my group and I, but the waiting for the rates/port departure is torture! :rolleyes: Most of the group is from Boston, so you know they are ready to book . . . ASAP!!! :D

Edited by Hawaii697