Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

Oasis is doing a 9 day itinerary 3'rd week of March 2016 and will call on San Juan then.. The cruise from March 12 to 19 was chartered but only for 5 days so they made the cruise after a couple days longer. Also stopping at St. Kitts.

Can anyone find who has chartered Oasis?

My wish list...I would also like a Quantum class or any newer ship to sail out of Bayonne on a 1 week cruise to Bermuda. The 5 nighter is too short. I would also like the Allure to have a different itinerary.

I think a lot of the itinerary's need a freshen up. People will get bored with the same ports all the time

I think Oasis class in Europe will capture the Europeans that won't/can't fly to USA. As I posted before, Brits won't pay a premium for these ships from Southampton

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

That's right! The Oasis sailings in Europe in fall 2014 were sold out rapidly. So that implies that another ship of that class, maybe also Allure again, should return to Europe next year.

I am not sure how about Q Class. In general I have the feeling that those ships are not as highly/successfully demanded as expected...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. I'm hoping that the 9N Oasis itinerary mentioned earlier is a hint at what's to come. I think an Oasis Class ship on 9/5 night schedule would be pretty successful!

The 5 nights may have to be discounted heavily. 8/6 may be better financially

I think a lot of the itinerary's need a freshen up. People will get bored with the same ports all the time

For some itineraries it's right, such as the 5/9-night Bermuda/Caribbean sailings from Cape Liberty, but IMHO some itineraries have been nicely developed over the ears - for example, the Canada/NE itinerary between Cape Liberty and Quebec City - in 2015, really nice itineraries! let's hope those itineraries will be back in 2016 again!! :) :)

But I think due to size reasons of Oasis/Quantum Class, some itineraries cannot be freshed up really.

IMHO NCL is the company with always the same itineraies - IMHO RCI manages that topic much better...

Good point, the 8 night Eastern is a very nice itinerary also.

For some itineraries it's right, such as the 5/9-night Bermuda/Caribbean sailings from Cape Liberty, but IMHO some itineraries have been nicely developed over the ears - for example, the Canada/NE itinerary between Cape Liberty and Quebec City - in 2015, really nice itineraries! let's hope those itineraries will be back in 2016 again!! :) :)

But I think due to size reasons of Oasis/Quantum Class, some itineraries cannot be freshed up really.

IMHO NCL is the company with always the same itineraies - IMHO RCI manages that topic much better...

I so agree about NCL. They do the same old Eastern Caribbean itinerary with every one of their new ships! We did it on the Epic in 2013 (she did the same itinerary every week, no rotating), and I see that the Getaway is doing the same itineraries now (but with some Westerns), and the Escape will come out and do the same. I get that there aren't tons and tons of ports available, but they need to give some more variety. Well atleast they switched in Tortola for the Escape's itineraries. ;)

I so agree about NCL. They do the same old Eastern Caribbean itinerary with every one of their new ships! We did it on the Epic in 2013 (she did the same itinerary every week, no rotating), and I see that the Getaway is doing the same itineraries now (but with some Westerns), and the Escape will come out and do the same. I get that there aren't tons and tons of ports available, but they need to give some more variety. Well atleast they switched in Tortola for the Escape's itineraries. ;)

WOW, NCL has swapped one port on that particular itinerary?! Congrats :D :D

No, to be honest, South America and Norway/North Cape have been the only really new itineraries in NCL's 2015/16 season, and the San Juan deployment in 2016/17 - the other itineraries have not been changed at all, and nothing new has been added.

Celebrity, however, brings new and exciting itineraries nearly every new season - and, compared to other major cruise lines, they do not have sooo many ships...

I am sure that RCI will bring something new in the upcoming 2016/17 season, although there are not always "tons of news"... :D Sadly, the new Quantum Class ships are not the perfect ships to develop some new, very exciting itineraries - they rather could take over itineraries usually operated by other ships in past, and the older ones could be used for new cruises, however...

But it seems, if the cruise lists are right, that Rhapsody otS, for example, will offer new 10 night itineraries out of Venice.

So let's hope for something new/exciting in the new deployment...

Edited by celebrity_fan

I am sure that RCI will bring something new in the upcoming 2016/17 season, although there are not always "tons of news"... :D

But it seems, if the cruise lists are right, that Rhapsody otS, for example, will offer new 10 night itineraries out of Venice.

So let's hope for something new/exciting in the new deployment...

Yes, it does seem that there is going to be some new itineraries in Europe this time around.

My personal hope is that Rhapsody would be doing something like the Celebrity Constellation is doing a few times in 2016: 1 way trips between Barcelona and Venice! I know it might be a bit of a stretch, but I'd love to sail an itinerary like that! One can only hope! ;):D

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Yes, it does seem that there is going to be some new itineraries in Europe this time around.

My personal hope is that Rhapsody would be doing something like the Celebrity Constellation is doing a few times in 2016: 1 way trips between Barcelona and Venice! I know it might be stretch, but I'd love to sail an itinerary like that! One can only hope! ;):D

We will see - IF Rhapsody will be based at Venice, she needs to offer a one-way-cruise from Barcelona to Venice, since her Transatlantic in April 2016 ends in Barcelona - but we will see what finally happens since I also could imagine that Rhapsody will be based in Barcelona for the 12-night-runs (if not Brilliance).

And it seems Rhapsody shall be based in Civitavecchia/Rome late summer 2016, and so she needs to do another one way trip from Venice to Civi/Rome... ;)

Let's see and hope...

We will see - IF Rhapsody will be based at Venice, she needs to offer a one-way-cruise from Barcelona to Venice, since her Transatlantic in April 2016 ends in Barcelona - but we will see what finally happens since I also could imagine that Rhapsody will be based in Barcelona for the 12-night-runs (if not Brilliance).

And it seems Rhapsody shall be based in Civitavecchia/Rome late summer 2016, and so she needs to do another one way trip from Venice to Civi/Rome... ;)

Let's see and hope...

Good info! Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Good info! Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

And if not Rhapsody, you might hope for Vision - if she will be based out of Venice in 2016, she needs to do a Transatlantic from Tampa to Europe, and I am pretty sure that itinerary will end in Rome or Barcelona - and to reach Venice, another one-way-trip is needed. [emoji5]

But why not choosing Celebrity? Constellation is a lovely ship, and offers the itineraries you are looking for... [emoji5]

Edited by celebrity_fan

And if not Rhapsody, you might hope for Vision - if she will be based out of Venice in 2016, she needs to do a Transatlantic from Tampa to Europe, and I am pretty sure that itinerary will end in Rome or Barcelona - and to reach Venice, another one-way-trip is needed. [emoji5]

But why not choosing Celebrity? Constellation is a lovely ship, and offers the itineraries you are looking for... [emoji5]

Not against Celebrity at all, but the price is a little out of our budget right now. Hoping for a cheaper option on Royal, or the price of the Constellation to go down a bit.

Not against Celebrity at all, but the price is a little out of our budget right now. Hoping for a cheaper option on Royal, or the price of the Constellation to go down a bit.

I can understand - the prices for the 2015 season have been falling as well, so just wait a littlebit... :)

But I understand that you hope for the same option on Royal - I think you will find what you are looking for, and also on RCI you will have a pleasurable time... [emoji5]

I can understand - the prices for the 2015 season have been falling as well, so just wait a littlebit... :)

But I understand that you hope for the same option on Royal - I think you will find what you are looking for, and also on RCI you will have a pleasurable time... [emoji5]

Yes, thanks so much.

We'll find out soon enough! :D

When regarding the new deployment for 2016, there is not too soon or soon enough... :D

But to be hnoest, I truly hope to have the new itineraries in the next few eeeks... :rolleyes: [emoji5]

I agree, I'd like to have a tentative plan made up for my 2016 cruises. Right now I'm planning to do a 7night cruise in May/Jun and hopefully a 3night Bahamas cruise in Dec 2016, because I won't be cruising at all in 2017, as we are planning a 10 day land trip to Ireland! :)

Why?

Sadly, the new Quantum Class ships are not the perfect ships to develop some new, very exciting itineraries - they rather could take over itineraries usually operated by other ships in past, and the older ones could be used for new cruises

Why?

Sorry celeb_fan, you're really a good contributor in this thread with information of ports and so forth, but you have not sailed on Oasis or Quantum Class, so you do not know anything about them. You're making comments that sound like fact but are actually 100% wrong.

Why?

Sorry celeb_fan, you're really a good contributor in this thread with information of ports and so forth, but you have not sailed on Oasis or Quantum Class, so you do not know anything about them. You're making comments that sound like fact but are actually 100% wrong.

Ok, you are right.

I just thought Quantum and Oasis Class, especially latter one, might be too large for several ports that cannot handle such huge ships - so my thoughts are/were, that the range of itineraries/ports for those ships are limited due to size reasons.

Yeah, but okay, Quantum Class ships should be able to visit at least nearly all ports Freedom/Voyager-Class ships can visit - sorry... [emoji5].

I would agree and be interested in doing that an 8 day on Oasis if it added another port. I wouldn't want to do a cruise on her and have 4 sea days. That old "The ship is the destination cliche is getting old IMO. I might also consider the 9 day had I known about it ahead of time. (I guess I still have time to look at it)

DW and I sailed on the Allure in September, we had a great time on the ship. We both loved the ship.

My thoughts, these are my thoughts, are that cruising on the Oasis/Allure is as much about the ships themselves as to the ports they visit. Just my thoughts.

We are planning a cruise in September 2016, just waiting for the schedules to come out. Hope Oasis stays in Fort Lauderdale.