Meet RCI President Michael Bayley - Live Chat Feb. 10!

• Members

Curious about what's coming for Royal Caribbean? Here's your chance to ask RCI President Michael Bayley all your questions! Join us on Cruise Critic Live at 10 a.m. (eastern) February 10.

Or ask your question down below and we'll do our best to get it answered. Thanks!

Edited by LauraS

What provisions are you making on your new dining programs (as well as those on the smaller ships) for vegetarians and those like me who will also eat fresh fish (not shell fish)? Will we be able to find 10 different entrees on a 10 day cruise?

Hi Michael, when will Royal Caribbean reveal what is going to happen to the Allure when she has her dry dock in April/May.

When will Mamma Mia be available for booking on the Allure ?

Will the Concierge Lounge on Allure become the Diamond Club like on Oasis ?

Will the Royal iQ work on the Allure October Transatlantic ?

Many thanks.

Edited by Elizanessie

Re: The Quantum

I am one of those that have been praising this amazing ship, having sailed on various cruises since launch, however:

Please advise what changes are being made, and during which stages of the repositioning to Shanghai, and how that work will impact on the guests cruise experience ?

I think it unfair that guests have been sold this cruise expecting The Quantum to be as advertised, as all the gossip indicates that will not be the case.

We need to know if we will be financially penalised if we choose to cancel cruises because of works being undertaken on the ship ?

Thank you

We are one couple who sailed on the Jan. 11 Quantum and felt that DD worked for us. We have the Anthem booked for Jan. of 2016 and have been hearing about changes to the DD program. I really do not understand the classic DD which has been suggested & have some reservations that it will work making waiters move from one restaurant to another. Will that be in addition to the DD program already in place? If only an early & late seating is planned with no "My Time" dining, then this new program will just not work for us. Please comment on the future dining on the Anthem??

With so many of your ships now sailing outside the US, why is a this Live event held at 10am which is not that convenient a time (considering time differences ) for European cruisers that make up a large percentage of Guests. Surely a later start time would attract more guest input. :)

Thank you for taking our questions Mr Bayley...

My questions are about pre-booking Entertainment Shows & Activities for Anthem:-

1. How far in advance of sail date are we able to book Entertainment online ?

2. How important is it to pre-book specific times & dates for ALL Entertainment & Activities ?

Thank you...

We will be on Anthem - and want to keep Dynamic Dining - how will the new Classic option be launched? Do we have to do something to keep DD - or will it work so that people wanting Classic option will have to request it separately?

Is it true that the price for Chops is increasing, while the menu options have become more limited? How can you expect people to continue to want to pay extra, when they're not getting a quality experience for the current price, let alone a price increase?

Thank you for taking the time and effort to answer our questions.

- Will the third Oasis class ship be different from Oasis and Allure? In what ways? I saw on a rendering of the ship somewhere what looked like a waterslide. Is Royal Caribbean finally jumping in on the waterslide bandwagon?

- We love the Southern Caribbean itineraries because they have new ports we haven't been to, but long stressful connecting flights usually keep us from cruising out of San Juan. Are there any plans for new Southern Caribbean itineraries departing from Florida?

Thanks

Edited by Canadian Cruiser98

Hi Mr. Bayley,

Congrats on the new role! Very happy for you.

Can you please share if there are any plans to add another level within the CAS program in between Diamond Plus & Pinnacle? With recent changes to Oasis, where the concierge lounge is now out of control with loyalty members, many of us that have nearly triple the requirements for Diamiond Plus status are being penalized due to the overwhelming membership numbers. With so few pinnacle, I would believe that the numbers of guests with 500-699 points is also small, as compare to the overall number of guests within the diamond plus category. It would be nice to see more onboard recognition for guests within that range.

Is it true that the price for Chops is increasing, while the menu options have become more limited? How can you expect people to continue to want to pay extra, when they're not getting a quality experience for the current price, let alone a price increase?

Oh look, someone who asks a realistic question about the reduced value on cruise lines.

Judy and I have 12 cruises on RCI and 4 on Celebrity.

I'd say we're loyal enough.

To what end is this 'chat' since very few questions will be addressed. It will be a polish and preen opportunity for the new president of RCI, nothing more.

There will be promises made about how they are 'listening' to the customer. There will be fluff.

I'm a realist and a curmudgeon and I said it first. If RCI cared a WHIT about what the customer is thinking, wanting, needing for their hard-earned dollars they would already be reading CC.

I wonder how long this post will be allowed since REAL opinions are not allowed here.

Edited by Deatsch

I am also, and/or would like to be more often, a solo cruiser but feel like I am being robbed paying double the price. I know about the BOG-half off but still only feel slightly less robbed.

Please consider making inside cabins that are going to be vacant available for less of a surcharge. Possibly doing this 3 days before sailing.

I don't want to leave RCI but am considering doing so.

Thank you

Almost a diamond plus

I strongly believe the company is on the wrong path (as shown on my Quantum Maiden Voyage) and needs to get back to quality, proper staffing, respect for customer loyalty; as well as a reduction of epidemic "nickel & diming" fleet-wide!

Hello Mr Bayley, my question relates to the relocation of the UK Customer Service Centre to Guatemala last year and the effects of that.....

Could you tell me why this decision was taken, and in what ways you think this has improved service for your UK customers? Thank you