LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Cayman is always hit or miss. Personally I am 50/50. I've been twice and missed twice. Oh well, it is what it is. Now I will spend a relaxing day enjoying my cabin and taking pictures to answer some of your questions. If the sun comes out later as the Captain seems to think it will, I will head up to the pool deck. We shall see.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ship is creaking like crazy. I'm a seasoned cruiser, but even this is freaking me out. Hopefully we sail far away from it soon!

Oh boy, I remember that creaking sound very well! I was on Carnival Dream during Hurricane Sandy.

Hang in there!! :D

Sorry you are missing Cayman. Stay safe!!

A lot of people are posting about terrible waves today, especially on the Quantum heading back to NJ. We can attest to that can't we? How does it compare to that??

On the lighter side, it is -30C here with windchill. :rolleyes::eek:

Edited by Shar27

I may or may not have smuggled this tiny bottle of Sangsters Rum Cream onboard today...... I may or may not be enjoying a glass right now. Let's go with I am [emoji1]

What is the smallest bottle you can buy of this? We are only doing carry-on and due to our connections, we can't take any big bottles of booze back on with us.

:(

Our first sailing on FOS we came back on the tail end of "Hurricane Sandy" & it was REALLY BAD! The ship lost some chairs from the pool decks, lots of people sick & I think that's the worst we've ever seen.:eek: We didn't get sick & it was nice and calm by the time we got back to P.C.

Hope it calms down for you soon. :)

There are now three areas of cabanas on Labadee. Those on Adrenaline Beach and Nellie's Beach are open to all. Those on Barefoort Beach are for suite guests. I believe you have to reserve the Adrenaline and Nellie's cabanas onboard now, at the shore excursions desk.

Are adrenaline beach and nellie's beach as nice as Barefoot beach? Does it say how much the cabana's are on Royal Caribbean's website?

What is the smallest bottle you can buy of this? We are only doing carry-on and due to our connections, we can't take any big bottles of booze back on with us.

:(

The bottle we bought gives us about 4 nice glasses of it on ice. We were lucky to get it onboard. I think because I also had a bottle of hot sauce, they thought there were 2 hot sauces maybe?

Are adrenaline beach and nellie's beach as nice as Barefoot beach? Does it say how much the cabana's are on Royal Caribbean's website?

The Nellie's cabanas are very similar to the Barefoot cabanas. They run $175 to $250 per cabana, and hold up to 6 people. The Adrenaline cabanas are not the same at all, more like tents. I don't know the price of those.

Oh dear. We are leaving on Independence this Sunday, scheduled to be on Grand Cayman Tuesday and CocoCay the next Friday. I fear we may miss both if the seas stay rough. First cruise for my hubby, who is very concerned about seasickness. I think I had better remain mum about the waves or he'll never get on the ship!

Many thanks for your eyewitness reports, and hang in there!

Apparently the officers and crew knew we wouldn't make our stop at GC late last night due to the sea conditions. That explains why I was bouncing around in my bed all night!

Edited by ckrobyn

The bottle we bought gives us about 4 nice glasses of it on ice. We were lucky to get it onboard. I think because I also had a bottle of hot sauce, they thought there were 2 hot sauces maybe?

When we were in Falmouth last month I had a pint of rum in my bag which they detected and pointed me to the desk where they log it in to hold till the end of the cruise.

But about that time Marie's bag got caught in the x-ray machine which took a minute or two to get out. By then I forgot all about dropping the bottle of rum at the desk. Shame on me. :p

Apparently the officers and crew knew we wouldn't make our stop at GC late last night due to the sea conditions. That explains why I was bouncing around in my bed all night!

There are better reasons to bounce around on ones bed all night whilst on a cruise... ;)

Thanks Robyn for posting the photos of your family . There are so many questions being directed your way , I thank you for taking the time on your anniversary cruise to do this.

Trainman 2 ...... It was your live reporting on what I believe was this same cruise that got me hooked. I hope , all is well with you !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I requested table 465 and we got it. Probably my favorite location for 8pm seating since it's dark outside and a table near a window would be useless.

Pretty close to our 469. Hope we have good waiter and assistant waiter as well as head waiter. A few years ago, we had Premad as Head Waiter and he was great.