Guarantee cabins

adaemma

Receving a stateroom assignment might not be an enjoyable experience if you book a suite guarantee rate and receive a S-2 assignment.

Booking a suite guarantee on a S-class suite could get you in a S2 on S-class ships right under the Ocean buffet floor. If so be ready NOT to sleep from around 3am as carts are rolling above you in order to prepare the area for breakfast... Are you really ready to receive such a stateroom assignment? If not, chose yourself the suite you want or book a regular veranda stateroom.

If and when you get such a poor cabin assignment, do your homework and hope that there are others suites in the same Category (another S2) still remaining opened and less subjected to noise from the upper deck (if there are some…), and call Celebrity to ask for a straight swap.

We would NOT book a S2 stateroom precisely for fear of the noise (not only for fear, but also because of our memories of these nightly noises coming from the floor above our S2) , nor would I book a Suite GTY in fear of getting one.

In as far as S1 are concerned, some are better than others and some have soot problems but the view is beautiful. The shape of the balcony is a little bit weird (compare to aft staterooms on M-class ships) as it is narrow, has a L-shape and walking around table and chairs is very tight.

Nothing seems perfect but perfection most of the time (not always!) can be associated with prices: with a S2 stateroom, whatever the "deal" might be, we will always stay away from that category of suites and, as said, for the fear of getting a noisy S-2, we will always also stay away from a suite guarantee booking.

When booking a suite guarantee, hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

Hi Oceanplus!

The deal was soooo good! I will let you know which cabin I got!

Good Luck Stefan_cruise, sounds an awesome deal and if I were lucky enough to come across it aid go for it too!! Even in an S2 suite as luckily we are good sleepers and doubt the noise would deter us. All those lovely suite perks far outweigh such concerns [emoji16]

We were all the way forward on our last cruise and we had heard others complain of noise particular when ship arrived in port but we had no issues. We did hear the almighty roar of the anchor being dropped a few times, but after the first time we jumped in fright [emoji33] it was a sheer thrill to hear!!

Happy sailings!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi!

Two days ago we booked a GTY Suite on the Constellation for the sailing on the 11th of july from Venice. There was a price difference between GTY and S1 (about $ 550,-- per person - although the price was really unexpensive $ 4.564,-- for both for a 8 night cruise including $ 500,-- OBC, free classic beverage package and free tips). With the booking I made the final payment. There are 46 days to the embarkation!

Does anyone now when celebrity is showing the cabin number (there a six suites left to book)?

P.S. I booked a lot of GTY cabins with Seabourn! And always got a nice cabin!

Unfortunately we could not book a Suite Guarantee and still get the free Drinks Package - we are in the UK! So we did the Maths and it was cheaper for us to book an S2 and get the drinks package. Bit miffed about it though, as I feel we are paying more than we should be. I'm keeping my eye on the pricing, but we would need to cancel and re-book and lose our £300 deposit. Being in the UK sucks when it comes to booking with Celebrity! Good luck with your cabin assignment. We had 2121 and S2 on the Equinox last time and noticed no noise issues.

Hi Suite Susie!

You should book via an US-TA. I don´t live in the US and booked the cruise via a US-Internet-TA! I booked about five cruises in the US. Sometimes it is cheaper than in Europe but not everytime. My Oceania Cruise was only half the price in Germany compared to the price in the US!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi!

Booked GTY-Suite - Got the 8125 in the constellation.

This is exactly what kept me from booking a GTY-suite. That is an accessible Sky Suite, which although bigger, has a bathroom set-up that I would not want.

We saw an oceanview guarantee rate on a school holiday 13 day sailing that was too good to pass up. I had never even considered a guarantee at all.

I realised most ocean views were under noisy areas although there was an area that was ok and then there were lovely ocean views forward on the higher decks.

I took the risk.

Ended up with the cabin next door to my first choice so very pleased and saved myself £800 ($1200) in the process with a room I would have chosen myself. I also got my room assigned 2 days after booking which saved me a lot of worry.

Although I do wonder, is it possible to be upgraded even when you have been assigned a cabin? I was wondering what may happen if they run out of ocean views or they have lots of balconies left. Maybe I am just being a bit cheeky now :D

Edited by Velvetwater

We saw an oceanview guarantee rate on a school holiday 13 day sailing that was too good to pass up. I had never even considered a guarantee at all.

I realised most ocean views were under noisy areas although there was an area that was ok and then there were lovely ocean views forward on the higher decks.

I took the risk.

Ended up with the cabin next door to my first choice so very pleased and saved myself £800 ($1200) in the process with a room I would have chosen myself. I also got my room assigned 2 days after booking which saved me a lot of worry.

Although I do wonder, is it possible to be upgraded even when you have been assigned a cabin? I was wondering what may happen if they run out of ocean views or they have lots of balconies left. Maybe I am just being a bit cheeky now :D

I think you can but ask. I recently raised a similar question via my TA. We were not allowed to make any alterations (looking at 2B from 2C) without charge but you may have a different experience.

This is exactly what kept me from booking a GTY-suite. That is an accessible Sky Suite, which although bigger, has a bathroom set-up that I would not want.

HI!

I don´t have a problem with an accessible Sky suite. The suite is about 1/3 larger than the regular Sky suite. The bathroom is different compared to the regular Sky suite!

We had previously booked onboard and then transferred to our TA. Then we received a price drop. After full payment, about three weeks out, there was an S1 for the same price as a guaranty, and IMHO, better than the other S1's. we took it and only paid $81 more. Our C2 was the lowest price, especially with the price drop, but securing an S1 was appealing to me. I think someone made a computer glitch. i was told that they may upgrade me to a CS or Royal, but I do NOT expect that at all! We became elite with our last cruise, so lots of new things to try!

We booked with a recent promo, pay the price of an inside and get a balcony and we also had the choice of the 1-2-3 go perks (we chose the drinks package). We knew we could get the lowest grade balcony and we did 2D. My question is that seeing as we are in Australia and booked through a TA, is there the possibility that our assignment could change before we sail (March 2016), or that we can upgrade if prices drop enough. Thanks.

I just booked a Concierge balcony guarantee two days ago for a cruise in Europe in the fall. This was my first time using a guarantee, as I like choosing my own cabin, and didn't like the stress of possibly not knowing my cabin assignment till the last minute. However the $1500 savings over a C3 category was worth the gamble.

One hour after sending in my deposit I was assigned my cabin, and the cruise is still 125 days out. The cabin is a C3 (#1073) and I have absolutely no complaints.

So you never know.

Just returned from our 13 day Baltic on the Silhouette. We only booked this cruise on April 6 for a May 28 sailing. We got an excellent rate for an accessable AQ cabin. We have sailed this class on the Silhouette several times before, but never an accessable. We did not have the 123 Go, but our grats were covered by our TA. We also got a nice onboard credit.

About a week after our booking, I saw that a Tuesday sale offered a Suite Guanantee for exactly the same price. I knew if I took it I would not automatically be assigned an accessible suite, but a regular suite would be large enough to accommodate my scooter and walker. I usually shower in the spa after my daily swim anyway, while my husband naps in the cabin. We got the guarantee at no extra cost. We are not yet Elite. We also had no perks to loose so they could not hold that over our head. It was not considered a re booking. Within a week, we had a Sky Suite but not an accessable one. There were 3 available at the time so I had TA call and ask for one although it was farther from the elevator. No problem. Settled within a few minutes.

It was a great experience! Having the Butler and eating in Luminae was quite the experience. And the bonus was we got the increased onboard credit$$ from out TA although we did not pay any increase in the price of the cruise!

Just returned from our 13 day Baltic on the Silhouette. We only booked this cruise on April 6 for a May 28 sailing. We got an excellent rate for an accessable AQ cabin. We have sailed this class on the Silhouette several times before, but never an accessable. We did not have the 123 Go, but our grats were covered by our TA. We also got a nice onboard credit.

About a week after our booking, I saw that a Tuesday sale offered a Suite Guanantee for exactly the same price. I knew if I took it I would not automatically be assigned an accessible suite, but a regular suite would be large enough to accommodate my scooter and walker. I usually shower in the spa after my daily swim anyway, while my husband naps in the cabin. We got the guarantee at no extra cost. We are not yet Elite. We also had no perks to loose so they could not hold that over our head. It was not considered a re booking. Within a week, we had a Sky Suite but not an accessable one. There were 3 available at the time so I had TA call and ask for one although it was farther from the elevator. No problem. Settled within a few minutes.

It was a great experience! Having the Butler and eating in Luminae was quite the experience. And the bonus was we got the increased onboard credit$$ from out TA although we did not pay any increase in the price of the cruise!

Great deal!! Did you use cruise line airfare? If so, do you recall approximate pricing?

Great deal!! Did you use cruise line airfare? If so, do you recall approximate pricing?

If you are considering a cruise, pick a ship and date that could work for you. Then go to choiceair.com and click on the 'just looking' tab-- can't remembexr the actual name. Enter the ship and sail date and you can search around for airfares without committing to anything.

However, in general, I have found that round trip fares are nothing special using choice air; it's really the one way fares on transatlantics where they offer huge bargains. Just my experience. . .

If you are considering a cruise, pick a ship and date that could work for you. Then go to choiceair.com and click on the 'just looking' tab-- can't remembexr the actual name. Enter the ship and sail date and you can search around for airfares without committing to anything.

However, in general, I have found that round trip fares are nothing special using choice air; it's really the one way fares on transatlantics where they offer huge bargains. Just my experience. . .

Thank you!

I booked a Guarantee Inside Cabin on an Alaskan cruise in May. I booked it in January and with in two weeks I had a cabin assignment on the 7th Deck.

How were you notified? Had you used a TA?

We just booked an aqua gty for August on Summit through an internet TA. Will they be the ones to let us know our cabin assignment or will Celebrity?

We just booked an aqua gty for August on Summit through an internet TA. Will they be the ones to let us know our cabin assignment or will Celebrity?

Both times we've booked a guarantee (one direct, one through a TA) it's been on the Celebrity Website under Manage Reservation.

When we booked direct it was assigned with 30 mins, booking via a TA it was about a week later

Go onto 'My cruises' section of the X website and keep checking. It will literally pop up under the cabin selected. No notification, just keep checking ;).

My opinion is that for the most part, it is random. I would hazard a guess (and it is only that) that they may be more likely to upgrade a Zenith member. I also am of the belief (which I cannot prove) that first-time to Celebrity cruisers booking a guarantee cabin are much, much more likely to get an upgrade. I only have hearsay to back up that claim based on things I have read on these boards over the years. I know when we did a GTY a few years ago, several others on our roll call did as well. The only ones who got a really nice upgrade (meaning a complete category upgrade) were the couple who were on Celebrity for the first time. Could have been coincidence I suppose.

I don't believe have a greater chance of a scoring a better upgrade from a cruise booking than anyone else. These boards are not reflective of everyone that has booked on a cruise or a particular cruise. Actually, a very small # of the total px on a particular cruise post on cruise critic. It tends to throw off the view. I do choose to believe a computer program makes the decisions and the programming can be changed at any time for any cruise which makes for the confusing results people discuss here. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

I don't believe have a greater chance of a scoring a better upgrade from a cruise booking than anyone else. These boards are not reflective of everyone that has booked on a cruise or a particular cruise. Actually, a very small # of the total px on a particular cruise post on cruise critic. It tends to throw off the view. I do choose to believe a computer program makes the decisions and the programming can be changed at any time for any cruise which makes for the confusing results people discuss here. Just my 2 cents.

Can't prove it either way. I agree the number of people on Cruise Critic is small compared to total number of cruisers. But I still think looking at a sub-group of the total, you can still get a feel for what is trending. After all, any poll will always be a considerable sub-group of the total. I am not a statistician so don't know how many people it would take to make a sample size that is sufficient to make conclusions. But I suspect observations made by the posters here on CC likely track pretty closely with overall reality. But unless someone from Celebrity wants to reveal inside secrets, I guess we will never know for sure.:)