What's Itallian for red tin shed

antsp

Just started a 1 week cruise on the Regal, 1st time on the new class of ship, reading all the the terrible comments and not so few positive comments I boarded the Regal with an open mind.

To be honest I'm not blown away, our cabin is ok and our balcony is that too, having sailed Princess around 20 times we have only had a balcony about 5 times and always a small one so that's not not a complaint from me, but if your used to booking the larger balconys I can see your problem.

Obviously the Horizon court is a massive improvement, I thinks it's bigger than some cruise ships, the next improvement is, well that's it, i cant really see any more, the atrium is visually more attractive and obviously larger but that's it.

But on to my main complaint, how can Princess turn what to me is one of there nicest and most used lounges on there ships the Explores lounge into Princess Live, sitting in there last night in an uncomfortable chair surrounded by red corrugated walls, feeling all closed in, how did they ever get that design past. To me they should rename it to whatever Italian is for ' red tin shed ' because that what Princess must of asked for when they ordered this ship.

To be honest I'm not blown away, our cabin is ok and our balcony is that too, having sailed Princess around 20 times we have only had a balcony about 5 times and always a small one so that's not not a complaint from me, but if your used to booking the larger balconys I can see your problem.

I'm not sure what you meant by having a larger balcony but we've only booked standard size balconies on past ships (and a Caribe balcony a few times). We're not use to a suite size balcony at all and I've never been on one but when a person sitting on a chair not even directly facing the water has to move in order to let the other person by behind them, that irritates me. Yes, I did read about the tiny balconies in past reviews on CC but never did I expect them to be as small as they actually are.

There are many good points about the new ships and although we'll no doubt be booking a trip on the new ships in the future, a balcony won't be an option for us any longer on the new ships and unfortunately neither will a window.

But on to my main complaint, how can Princess turn what to me is one of there nicest and most used lounges on there ships the Explores lounge into Princess Live, sitting in there last night in an uncomfortable chair surrounded by red corrugated walls, feeling all closed in, how did they ever get that design past. To me they should rename it to whatever Italian is for ' red tin shed ' because that what Princess must of asked for when they ordered this ship.

Fully agree. In fact, if you compare a Lounge type venue to Princess Live from an on board revenue prospective, the TV studio creates little or none, while the lounge creates lots. How could Princess ever let this happen? Besides I certainly don't want to go on vacation to view 'fake' TV programs. Hopefully their new 2017 ship will have this corrected and the Royal and Regal will have Princess Live remodeled during their initial dry docks.

Fully agree. In fact, if you compare a Lounge type venue to Princess Live from an on board revenue prospective, the TV studio creates little or none, while the lounge creates lots. How could Princess ever let this happen? Besides I certainly don't want to go on vacation to view 'fake' TV programs. Hopefully their new 2017 ship will have this corrected and the Royal and Regal will have Princess Live remodeled during their initial dry docks.

Is Princess next new build another Royal design

My DH and I always had a balcony on Princess cruises.

We enjoyed having breakfast and afternoon tea on the balcony.

We sailed on the Regal this past February.

The size of the balcony dissuaded us from enjoying any meals there.

We booked a Premium Suite on the Royal for a cruise next January.

However, we did not think the size of the balcony warranted the cost of the suite.

I am aware of the suite perks,but we considered the cost of a suite compared to an interior and realized that we could cruise more often if we chose an interior cabin. So,we changed the booking to a sideways interior cabin.

My question to fellow CCers ,do you think passengers may choose interior cabins over balcony/suite cabins on the Royal and the Regal due in part to the small balconies and their limited use?

I also agree with other posters that we missed the Explorers Lounge on the new ship.

We have enjoyed after dinner drinks and entertainment there on many of our cruises.

I do hope they bring back this venue on the next Princess ship.

My DH and I always had a balcony on Princess cruises.

We enjoyed having breakfast and afternoon tea on the balcony.

We sailed on the Regal this past February.

The size of the balcony dissuaded us from enjoying any meals there.

We booked a Premium Suite on the Royal for a cruise next January.

However, we did not think the size of the balcony warranted the cost of the suite.

I am aware of the suite perks,but we considered the cost of a suite compared to an interior and realized that we could cruise more often if we chose an interior cabin. So,we changed the booking to a sideways interior cabin.

My question to fellow CCers ,do you think passengers may choose interior cabins over balcony/suite cabins on the Royal and the Regal due in part to the small balconies and their limited use?

I also agree with other posters that we missed the Explorers Lounge on the new ship.

We have enjoyed after dinner drinks and entertainment there on many of our cruises.

I do hope they bring back this venue on the next Princess ship.

I picked another cruise line. I'd never do an inside.

I picked another cruise line. I'd never do an inside.

I just changed a Canadian fall foliage cruise in October from a 7-day cruise on the Regal to a 10-day cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I was on the Caribbean Princess last month for a cruise to Turks & Caicos, and liked the layout and balconies on the ship very much. While I had been able to secure a good, mid-ship balcony in the built-out, angled area of the Regal, I didn't like the fact that I would have had to look up at the Skywalk with people walking over me, and down at the Promenade deck with people sitting under me. I would have felt too crowded. There's something about the vibe of the Regal that is just off for me. The Caribbean Princess has a lot of open spaces and big balconies, which I like. I picked another ship, and I'm glad that I made the switch.

It's reassuring to see others are not fans of the 'royal' class ships either... We went from the Royal last year, to the Coral last month. Next time around, we are going smaller...on the Ocean. I am SO looking forward to that.

I wish Princess would build some smaller ships...but I won't hold my breath.:rolleyes:

If the artist's conception is accurate, there won't be a Skywalk on the new ship, and the lifeboats will be covered by an extended deck.

If the artist's conception is accurate, it will be just like a Grand Class ship:

o Skywalker's in the aft area.

o Larger balconies on the Emerald deck

o Extension of the promenade deck to deck 8 at the front of the ship.

o No Marina deck

If the artist's conception is accurate, there won't be a Skywalk on the new ship, and the lifeboats will be covered by an extended deck.

If the artist's conception is accurate, it will be just like a Grand Class ship:

o Skywalker's in the aft area.

o Larger balconies on the Emerald deck

o Extension of the promenade deck to deck 8 at the front of the ship.

o No Marina deck

Where is this concept drawing you speak of? ;) I'd very much like to see it too!

:D