Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

I agree it would be nice to do away with the coupons. With our one and only RS experience we were told we were only eligible for one sheet of coupons and we were not supposed to get the Elite one with the RS one. Maybe I missed it, but it seems to me other Elite members do get both sets.

I understand restaurants can take some time to get up to full speed. And I will be looking forward to hearing more reviews. So far though, it has given me a great appreciation for Blu. I only once had an item that seemed salty there. Plus with the new premium price in suites the restaurant will need to suit us.

I like the pool deck when everyone else is at dinner or first thing in the morning, it seems the first time I spot a baby in a pool or someone eating in one I just can't make myself go back.

We once got elite and cabin coupons, but that was the second leg of a b2b and we just made elite. For our last 4 or so cruises we "just" received one page each. I think the two sets was a mistake.

I also think all captains club coupons should be paperless BUT they do serve as marketing. Because we didn't have diamond coupons on Royal I didn't know about some benefits I was entitled to. A thorough and complete listing would still be helpful in a coup unless system and even done well less $$ to produce then the coupons.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We once got elite and cabin coupons, but that was the second leg of a b2b and we just made elite. For our last 4 or so cruises we "just" received one page each. I think the two sets was a mistake.

I also think all captains club coupons should be paperless BUT they do serve as marketing. Because we didn't have diamond coupons on Royal I didn't know about some benefits I was entitled to. A thorough and complete listing would still be helpful in a coup unless system and even done well less $$ to produce then the coupons.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good to know, I guess they make that mistake frequently though because I have read several times of guests who got double after being elite.

Thanks again for the beautiful report.

Another HUGE THANK YOU, Jenna, from one in your legion of "fans," so glad I found your post! Salivating over your pictures, which made me realize I need to start my "eat less (now at home) to eat more (later on board)" diet ASAP in anticipation of my June Baltic trip on the Eclipse (wonder what kind of local cuisine will be incorporated??). Like everyone else, I am so appreciative of the time and effort you took to post menus and reviews, thank you!! (And I was happy to see that my fave Elite breakfast mango smoothie is on the Luminae menu :) )

Do you think the dress code in MDR will be relaxed?

I really can't see how they can impose it when those who dine in Suites & Blu don't have to adhere to it!!!

There is a thread on that topic that got move to the dress code sticky. I was pretty much flamed but I agree with you 100%. I can't understand why half the ship gets to choose how to dress on formal night but the MDR has a dress code. I'm not for or against formal night I just go with the flow. Someone on the other thread claimed that it's a special night with fine dining and you should dress as such. With that logic then every night in Luminea should be formal night.

Edited by Iamcruzin

On the topic of formal dress....if you know that there is a "formal" night on board the ship then don't try and guess if you should "dress up" or not. That is just the way it is. Last year on the Summit we saw people get turned away from the MDR because they were in shorts. I agree. That is part of the cruise experience and for those of us that love to dress for dinner go on ships that require you to dress to go to the dining room. If you don't want to dress, that is fine. Then don't go to the MDR.

I will be sad to see that part of cruising go the way of sneakers and sloppy dressing. I have seen it in the city (NYC). First it was "dress down" Friday and now its jeans and t shirts at most companies!!

I know that things change. I grew up when it was respectful of others to dress for dinner. Will be sad to see that change.

JUST MY OPINION.

There is a thread on that topic that got move to the dress code sticky. I was pretty much flamed but I agree with you 100%. I can't understand why half the ship gets to choose how to dress on formal night but the MDR has a dress code. I'm not for or against formal night I just go with the flow. Someone on the other thread claimed that it's a special night with fine dining and you should dress as such. With that logic then every night in Luminea should be formal night.

On the topic of formal dress....if you know that there is a "formal" night on board the ship then don't try and guess if you should "dress up" or not. That is just the way it is. Last year on the Summit we saw people get turned away from the MDR because they were in shorts. I agree. That is part of the cruise experience and for those of us that love to dress for dinner go on ships that require you to dress to go to the dining room. If you don't want to dress, that is fine. Then don't go to the MDR.

I will be sad to see that part of cruising go the way of sneakers and sloppy dressing. I have seen it in the city (NYC). First it was "dress down" Friday and now its jeans and t shirts at most companies!!

I know that things change. I grew up when it was respectful of others to dress for dinner. Will be sad to see that change.

JUST MY OPINION.

i feel I should remind you that when the monitor CLOSED the other thread they asked everyone to take the dress code topic to the appropriate dress code thread. I am confident that they did not wish for you to bring the topic to a different thread and risk this thread being closed as well.

I have Jenna's observations and insights interesting and helpful. i would hate for this thread to get too far off topic and risk being closed.

Thank you.

I wish we had some newer reviews of Luminae/suite class! It's been quiet the last few days here...

One more comment on Luminae, it STINKS coming home to reality :(

So sorry Fredric, I'm home, working to pay for cruising and unfortunately, not on a boat or eating in Luminae :D so I can't help!

Thanks jagoffee, I couldn't have said that better myself.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Nine days until we sail on the Solstice. Will post if I can figure how to post picture.

Will not be back on the Summit until next December, really like that ship and crew. Hope we are as happy on the larger ship

Jenna,

I'll be in Royal suite, and will be able to have speciality dinning. Can we get special dinning to deliver to the room? My husband and I are traveling without kids for the first time and might want a nice quite dinner in the room.

Jenna,

I'll be in Royal suite, and will be able to have speciality dinning. Can we get special dinning to deliver to the room? My husband and I are traveling without kids for the first time and might want a nice quite dinner in the room.

We've asked to have both specialty dining and Blu delivered to the room, and the answer we've received has been "no". This doesn't mean a specific butler may not "make it happen" for you, but the policy is the room service and MDR menu for room service. It irks me a bit, because on an M-Class ship, the MDR galley and Blu Galley are steps apart. When I've said this to "the powers that be" onboard I've been given various reasons why, but the official answer has still been "no".

Room service is nice, food is not always has hot as it should be, as it has to come up 3 floors to deck 6 (on an M-Class ship anyway, even more on S-Class and from the aft to mid), and Celebrity doesn't seem to have a way to really deliver room service as hot as it should.

Your mileage may vary.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I'm confused, this is what I found on the Celebrity web site. That's why I thought we could have dinner in our room, at least once.

Royal Suite

When you stay in a Royal Suite, you'll enjoy the luxury of European-style butler service. This includes assistance with unpacking and packing, in-suite lunch and dinner service, afternoon tea, evening hors d'oeuvres and complimentary in-suite espresso and cappuccino from Café al Bacio. Enjoy a separate living room and dining area and a veranda with whirlpool and luxurious lounge seating.

I don't mind the MDR for in suite dinner, but a romantic dinner from regular room service...yuck! I don't mind it for snack or breakfast so don't get me wrong, just want one night to ourselves. All the other nights we will be in Luminae or speciality.

You will absolutely be able to order from the regular MDR evening menu, and in the Royal Suite, your butler will set the table and deliver dinner in courses. He will likely leave you the menu earlier in the day so you can make your choices. No worries, you won't have to choose between a club sandwich and a hamburger!! Actually, all cabins can order from this menu during regular dinner hours, but they are just brought all together (usually) and left in regular cabins. It will be lovely in the Royal Suite.

First, thank you for all the time you spent on this thread! amazing job! Bravo!!! :D

We won't be sailing until 2016, so I am sure things will change by then. Having looked at the menus, I have concerns that there will be very few options for me, as I am lactose intolerant. It looks like most things on the menu had cream, cheese, milk. I hope they can bring me things off the MDR menu maybe??

Thanks again!

First, thank you for all the time you spent on this thread! amazing job! Bravo!!! :D

We won't be sailing until 2016, so I am sure things will change by then. Having looked at the menus, I have concerns that there will be very few options for me, as I am lactose intolerant. It looks like most things on the menu had cream, cheese, milk. I hope they can bring me things off the MDR menu maybe??

Thanks again!

I have a Dairy allergy and have the same dietary restrictions that you do. I have never had a problem requesting modifications to my menu selections in the MDR or BLU. The Galley Chefs work their *magic* and I have never been disappointed. I am confident that it will be the same in Luminae. Can't wait for our cruise on Summit next month and dining in Luminae! :)

Edited by C-Dragons

First of all...let me say thank you for your in-depth review of your "suite" experience...and the beautiful pics of your dining experiences!!

I just returned from a cruise on O and realized...that after several cruises in the last couple of years on X and AZ and HAL...that I came away without the dreaded swollen ankles!! :confused::( which have been with me lately only when on cruises....

I never "add" salt...well...maybe...once in awhile on a baked potato...but I'm beginning to think that the added salt on X and the other lines may be the reason....duh...why did it take me this long to figure that out? Even the doc on X told me that once when I walked in looking like the poor "Elephant Man".

Do I have to "request" a salt free diet menu in the MDR/AQ to get this type of food? What about the buffet?

Any and all help/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm wondering why on O it didn't happen? Maybe a policy of less salt? LuAnn

-----Any and all help/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm wondering why on O it didn't happen? Maybe a policy of less salt?

On our last cruise ( TA on Infinity) a table companion complained to the Maitre'D that the French Onion Soup was too salty. Thereafter, he came every evening to taste the soup and eventually decided that it was probably the addition of the cheese that made it salty ( I didn't have cheese in mine, as I am dairy intolerant)

Jenna, I just spend this Saturday morning reading your fabulous log and loving your photos!

Thank you, thank you! I love your writing style and I appreciate you taking time from your vacation to share your experiences on the Summit.

Just yesterday we bit the bullet and upgraded to a Suite on our British Isles sailing. We're more excited than ever now thanks to you!

I hope someday our paths will cross on a Celebrity ship. :)