Should I bring my cigars or leave them home?

mcstrike

One, outside at the aft bar, port side only. No smoking indoors anywhere on the ship, four outdoor smoking locations but only that one allows cigars

Depends on the ship. there is always at least one area that allows smoking, but there is no smoking of anything on the aft bar of the infinity. Not sure about other ships.

Sorry, I was speaking about S Class ships. . .

Where are cigars allowed on M Class?

I believe it's port side in the Oceanview bar right under those lovely AQ class aft balcony cabins.

I believe it's port side in the Oceanview bar right under those lovely AQ class aft balcony cabins.

And that's the 64 thousand dollar question that the regulars here have been discussing for a couple of months. It seems to be varying by ship and sometimes by sailing. Some report no smoking at all on the aft port side deck ten, some report it still happening there depending on ship. Some report that cigars and pipes are being allowed anywhere cigarettes are smoked.

There seems to no longer be a consistent answer to this question. It has been reported that it's being decided ship by ship.

I would leave them at home and buy them at the ports. You can get them duty free and smoke them on board as they are not part of the allowance if consumed before final disembarkation. You might be able to pick up some Cuban Cigars or other fine hand rolled and not be subject to any rules of the USA.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

That is where it was prior to AQ cabins. I would suspect it is still there.

We just completed 42 nights on the Infinity on deck 11 in one of "those lovely AQ class aft balcony cabins" and, at least on the Infinity, there is no longer any smoking at the Sunset Bar (located at the aft on deck 10 outside of the Ocean View Cafe).

DH brings his own... says no really good one sare available on board anymore and good cigars including Cubans sold in ports are overpriced.....very disappointing in Key West as well.

On Connie he smoked in one of two awful outdoor areas at either end of the pool...many cigarette smokers there and no one ever came to empty the ash trays, On S class he was at the area along side the lawn...ok unless it is windy... not exactly ideal...but nice comfy chairs.

Far cry from time when Michaels Club was a premier cigar bar...he could have a cigar and sip a fav drink...I am a non smoker but think they could find a better spot for cigars to be enjoyed without annoying others. But he manages.

We just completed 42 nights on the Infinity on deck 11 in one of "those lovely AQ class aft balcony cabins" and, at least on the Infinity, there is no longer any smoking at the Sunset Bar (located at the aft on deck 10 outside of the Ocean View Cafe).

Same thing on the Constellation.

Good to know. Last M class was in mid 2012 on Constellation prior to upgrades.

I didn't think cigars were allowed there either. I read cigarette smoking was allowed portside on deck 10 though.

To the OP...I'm not knocking people for smoking, but please bear in mind some people are highly sensitive to cigar smoke, myself and DH being two of those people. Enjoy your cigars, but please smoke them in designated areas.

We're in one of those aft rooms on deck 11 and I'm glad there is no smoking of any kind at the bar.

Whatever, there will be at least 1 place you can smoke Cigars. Dont let the knockers make you feel bad.

There are actually 2 places where you can enjoy your cigars:

1. In the designated smoking areas

2. Ashore

That is what we did while on Constellation this past November.

... there is no longer any smoking at the Sunset Bar (located at the aft on deck 10 outside of the Ocean View Cafe).

If true for all Celebrity ships, that's a shame. Last year in Alaska on the Millennium several of us had cigars Aft on Deck 10 (Sunset bar) when docked in Juneau. We had a late departure so we had ideal conditions out there (no wind). No one bothered us as most passengers were still off the ship. We sat as far away from all others as possible and ordered Single malts from the bar. No one bothered us or said anything.

My advice is to take cigars but plan your location and time carefully and respectfully. It's likely if you don't bother any one else -- no one will bother you. If cigars have indeed been outlawed on your Celebrity ship, you will see it in the very first FULL Celebrity Today program of your voyage under Information, Smoking Policy -- otherwise use common sense and observe strict fire safety.

Here's a little video I made that might give some of you Cigar smokers a kick. This happened in 2006 on a Princess ship.

8pZ9RXri5RM