New Internet Perk

Argh Slow internet. Reminds me of mid 90's when we waited 1 min for a picture to download. I am guessing you still can buy one hour or so right on a single device ?

I don't want a lot of time or have my ipad in front of my face the whole cruise :D

The speed is decent on the newer ships. An hour served me well for our 12 day Quantum cruise. I was able to check mail and Facebook once or twice a day.

Well they do put a TV in every stateroom so I'm pretty sure watching TV on a cruise is pretty common. Could be wrong though. :rolleyes:

It does tell you about Muster etc. and washing of your hands. The CD gives a daily update. Checking your account on it.

On newer ships you use it for logging into your account and booking excursions and dinner and checking your booking times etc.

All if it works.....:rolleyes:

This change makes what happened to me in December make sense. I went to Guest Services because the computer hadn't given us the discount from our card. My mom is D+ and I had turned pinnacle the cruise before. When guest services saw my card they took the charges off our bill and said that I needed to make sure it said pinnacle from now on. On the b2b the computers hadn't had time to catch up with my point total.

I'm a Diamond Plus on the Allure right now and was very pleased to see the new $60 coupon for internet. I purchased an unlimited package for 2 devices and the total cost was $80 for the 7 night cruise. For one device, it would have been $45.

The internet is very fast, even though we're in the very last boardwalk balcony on Deck 11.

Bad news is the secret balconies on Deck 11/12 on the port side are already under construction and unavailable, starboard side has all furniture removed but still able to access. Kind of a bummer after booking so far in advance.

The speed is decent on the newer ships. An hour served me well for our 12 day Quantum cruise. I was able to check mail and Facebook once or twice a day.

Yeah I am sure the newer ships are faster with all the new technology, I might buy an hour when I am on the Adventure next month, and give it a go. That is all I want to do is check facebook to send family a message every few days.

Edited by trev71

My My My I cant believe how mean spirited some folks can be. I am scared now to post anything...ummm I just did...Please dont jump on me for just wanting to share :(

Thanks for the information on possible new perks. It is nice to know in advance what COULD be coming down the pike. :D

Nice, so while many have complains in the past of C&A benefits being cut back...

Some new benefits are being introduced recently like the Diamond Drink coupons and now free internet for D+ and above...

But I still miss the original OBC levels on decide later next cruise bookings done onboard.

Edited by roquejo

Nice, so while many have complains in the past of C&A benefits being cut back...

Some new benefits are being introduced recently like the Diamond Drink coupons and now free internet for D+ and above...

But I still miss the original OBC levels on decide later next cruise bookings done onboard.

I miss that one too.:(

Yeah I am sure the newer ships are faster with all the new technology, I might buy an hour when I am on the Adventure next month, and give it a go. That is all I want to do is check facebook to send family a message every few days.

On the Adventure in March and not at all impressed with the internet speed.

....Bad news is the secret balconies on Deck 11/12 on the port side are already under construction and unavailable, starboard side has all furniture removed but still able to access. ..

We are currently booked a handful of cabins from the back, port side on the Allure. Do you think that construction could be a problem while on the TA later this month?

On the Adventure in March and not at all impressed with the internet speed.

Thanks for letting me know I appericate it very much. I might just pass on it.

Wish there was a few wifi hot spots on shore. But I don't want to be searching for wifi my whole cruise just to check on family back home

Wish there was a few wifi hot spots on shore. But I don't want to be searching for wifi my whole cruise just to check on family back home

The crew generally knows the good WiFi places. Talk to your stateroom attendant, dining staff, etc., for ideas on hotspots.

This might help those wanting to find Wi-Fi in port. Agree with Bob....ask crew. They usually know the best places for Wi-Fi. :)

[ATTACH]345769[/ATTACH]

Wow, great document! Thanks.:)

We were on the Adventure and found plenty of hotspots ashore. Often you need to buy a drink or something, but, that's usually no big deal.

It's cheaper than the ship cost for both Internet and the drink!

Tom

We were on the Adventure and found plenty of hotspots ashore. Often you need to buy a drink or something, but, that's usually no big deal.

Thanks for the tip, That is what I will do. I don't have a problem buying a drink or two while ashore at all