My take on new Suite Perks - Swing and a miss....

cle-guy

Too bad that you are a nice guy and abide by the rules. I think that I would really be ticked knowing that others are violating the rights and perks that others have paid for by bringing in non entitled guests to Michaels club and etc.

There are, as far as I know, no published rules covering michael's..."the rules" are whatever the concierge says they are....ah, the power :)

I thought top suite guests could walk on water and would never be told no....foolish me, that right must go to Zeniths.

That if I book AQ...with the specific desire on my part to dine in "Blu"...I can be "bumped" by a "suite" guest who has decided to dine there...even though Blu is my assigned dining venue? I have asked before if I could dine in the MDR with a Blu assignment and I was told NO...so ...what's a girl to do? Go eat in the buffet because a suite guest has decided not to go to Luminae and take a seat in Blu...leaving me out in the cold??? Sorry...this does not make me a very happy camper!! :confused::( LuAnn

That if I book AQ...with the specific desire on my part to dine in "Blu"...I can be "bumped" by a "suite" guest who has decided to dine there...even though Blu is my assigned dining venue? I have asked before if I could dine in the MDR with a Blu assignment and I was told NO...so ...what's a girl to do? Go eat in the buffet because a suite guest has decided not to go to Luminae and take a seat in Blu...leaving me out in the cold??? Sorry...this does not make me a very happy camper!! :confused::( LuAnn

That's never going to happen

You aren't bumped by a suite guest. You both can eat there. I travel in suites and I never displaced anyone in Blu when I ate breakfast there.

This August we are traveling in a suite and the rest of the family are not in suites so we are eating in the MDR. I don't know why you couldn't if you want to.

I was in a Sky Suite and the butler said that he couldn't get me in Blu for one night I asked but said another night was available. So, it's space-available in Blu for suite guests (not the other way around).

Received marketing material in the mail yesterday still claiming that Luminae was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. If that is not the case, I think they need to release something formal that says otherwise. At this point, it is false advertising!

Never going to happen, unless you permit it. We sail AQUA on almost every cruise and have never even heard of a guest from AQUA not being able to eat in BLU. You don't get bumped. We have never tried to eat in MDR, why would we. While on Summit in Suite we ate in BLU every night.

Received marketing material in the mail yesterday still claiming that Luminae was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. If that is not the case, I think they need to release something formal that says otherwise. At this point, it is false advertising!

No one bothered to tell marketing that the ships are implementing Luminae differently. As many of us have said multiple times before, communications within Celebrity HQ and between HQ and the ships appears to be non-existent at times.

Hi- So disappointed to hear of your RS experience on the Connie. We were RS on a July sailing of the Connie last summer and, in advance of the full roll out of the suite perks, we were surprised to receive some the the upcoming perks. We received outstanding Michael's Club service, Bogdan was the concierge. He was fabulous. Our butler was also extraordinarily attentive and accommodating and went out of his way to make sure we had fabulous service at all times.

We have booked a Celebrity Suite for an upcoming sailing on the Silhouette, and realize we won't get the same perks, but were counting on superior MC service and wonderful meals at Luminae.

This is concerning news.

Bogdan was indeed fabulous! As was our butler. The rest of the Connie was not the previous excellent experience we had always had on the Connie. MDR was awful.

Curt - Hope your cruise improves. Thanks for the review so far. ;)

In fact, if in a Sky Suite, It appears that the suite program has downgraded (exception being Luminae access), in that the special amenities are now gone.

Could you explain this comment? What is being taken away from Sky Suite passengers? I was in a SS the beginning of this month and had an excellent experience. We received all the amenities we were suppose to.

Our butler came around daily at approximately 3:45pm with the tea/coffee cart and offered us, not only the offerings on the cart, but our canapes as well. If we were not in our stateroom, the canapes were politely placed in our wine refrigerator for us to enjoy at our convenience.

We also had the Tea Cart every afternoon and the plate of savories. If we were not in the stateroom, the savories were left. Our Butler also left a plate of sandwiches and cookies based on what we had chosen the previous days. Great Butler, Nelson!

If we hadn't been experienced AQ passengers we would have never known what was supposed to be there. Sad part is the couple next to us on the fourth night in Blu didn't know that Blu was open for breakfast and that they could dine there and don't know about the use of the Persian Gardens.

I think this is the fault of the cruisers not to know what was included in a category that they themselves booked, unless, they had been upgraded. Also, the information is in the blue book placed on the desk

Sad to hear that the Bvlgari products are not being offered any more, wonder what the replacement is? I have only had the pleasure of sailing in a suite once, and loved the products so much, I now buy them on ebay to take when I am roughing it in my standard cabin! :D

I am sure they will look after you once they know your preferences though, Celebrity staff have always been in my experience, been wonderful at ensuring we feel taken care of.

Bogdan was indeed fabulous! As was our butler. The rest of the Connie was not the previous excellent experience we had always had on the Connie. MDR was awful.

When was this? Everything was wonderful for us in December, January and February.

I thought top suite guests could walk on water and would never be told no....foolish me, that right must go to Zeniths.

Zenith's get no all the time. Although in general we get better benefits than those in a Celebrity suite, we are not entitled to Luminae. Must be invited by a suite guest at a cost of $50 pp for dinner. Very strange since Zenith's received unlimited specialty dining during the construction of Luminae just like every suite guest.

We are sailing on the Reflection next month in Aqua Class and hope the suite restaurant is open for breakfast to prevent overcrowding in Blu. Suite passengers could delay or deny people in Blu if it gets too crowded. I read somewhere on CC that suite passengers are no longer space available and can take priority anytime Blu is open.

You actually have this backwards. It is the suite passengers who would be denied seating if Blu is overcrowded. Not everything you read on CC is factual!

As others have said, this is not going to happen! Your spot in Blu will always remain "your spot"! :) Not to worry!

Edited by gimletgal

Sad to hear that the Bvlgari products are not being offered any more, wonder what the replacement is? I have only had the pleasure of sailing in a suite once, and loved the products so much, I now buy them on ebay to take when I am roughing it in my standard cabin! :D

I too will be disappointed if Bvlgari products have gone. I usually bring my own products except if staying in a suite with Bvlgari products. I'm on the Eclipse in a month so hopefully will be able to get further clarification before then.

We are sailing on the Reflection next month in Aqua Class and hope the suite restaurant is open for breakfast to prevent overcrowding in Blu. Suite passengers could delay or deny people in Blu if it gets too crowded. I read somewhere on CC that suite passengers are no longer space available and can take priority anytime Blu is open.

As far as breakfast, there is absolutely no change...suite guests were always welcome in Blu at any time and they are still welcome any time....there is no "class" priority...everyone is seated as they arrive. The "space available" only applied to dinner...and by some reports still applies to dinner.

Luminae will have absolutely no negative effect on your access to Blu for Breakfast...in fact, it will probably make it easier. I say that...but we never had to wait for a breakfast table in blu in over four cruises in aqua.

Edited by ghstudio

Has anyone ever actually had to queue when dining in Blu? I haven't, it's one of it's main attractions.

Thanks for the detailed post cle guy. It was very informative.

Edited by Mynki

Has anyone ever actually had to queue when dining in Blu? I haven't, it's one of it's main attractions.

Thanks for the detailed post cle guy. It was very informative.

absolutely....on our last fall transatlantic, we had waits of up to 30 minutes (just 2 of us) for dinner in Blu. On other cruises, it was not unusual to have a 10-15 minute wait. We generally dine at 7-7:30. If you arrive at some other time, there may be no line at all.

By the way, they had those light up flashers to notify you when your table was ready....which was nice because we could wait in the bar area...and each flasher had a note on it that if we would prefer to dine at a specialty restaurant instead of waiting for blu, they would give us 50% off.

Randy- Very appreciative of your reflections regarding the suite experience on the Silhouette. We traveled in the RS on the Constellation last summer when they began the roll out and were very impressed with the Michael's Club staff and the Butlers. This time we are Celebrity Suite and will be on the Silhouette. When was your cruise and were the Michael's Club and other suite class personnel helpful and accommodating?

Thanks, in advance.

We were on Silhouette for the April 12th - 19th sailing. This was our first experience in Michael's Club. Anka was the Michael's Club Concierge and Borko was tending bar. You know how it is often said that 1st impressions are lasting...well if that is the case..we're in. Anka was the true meaning of what a Concierge is expected to do. She and Borko were a good team and it certainly showed. We were equally as impressed with the service personnel in Luminae. Without exception, they were all attentive and very efficient. Top marks to the staff at Luminae for this sailing. We have traditionally booked suites on Celebrity sailings because that is what works for us. The introduction of the new suites benefits will certainly encourage us to continue to book suites, but more importantly, encourage our friends to do the same.

Randy

You aren't bumped by a suite guest. You both can eat there. I travel in suites and I never displaced anyone in Blu when I ate breakfast there.

This August we are traveling in a suite and the rest of the family are not in suites so we are eating in the MDR. I don't know why you couldn't if you want to.

in Feb of '14 and asked...as I had heard different "versions" of answers here on CC..and was told I could not dine in the MDR for dinner. I'm not so worried about breakfast as I am about dinner!! I am paying my $$ to dine in Blu...and I don't think that I should have to dine elsewhere...with very limited options...if the Suite guest decides to eat in Blu...and I have no other dining option rather than the buffet...when the suite guest has so many other options. To me it is really taking away the idea of booking AQ...if you can be blocked out of Blu!!! Does that make sense?? LuAnn

I was in a Sky Suite and the butler said that he couldn't get me in Blu for one night I asked but said another night was available. So, it's space-available in Blu for suite guests (not the other way around).

what I was reading on this thread! LuAnn

I was told that I could not eat in the MDR...as we had a friend who was not AQ and we wanted to dine with her...and we were told we could not. I'm not sure that the "rules" of this entire AQ/Blu/Luminae have been worked out...but I'm talking about when on board Infinity in early '14 I was told I could not eat in MDR. OK...I was ok with that...but I don't want to be told that I can't eat in my assigned DR...that I paid extra for...because someone who has a suite...who has access to every venue on the ship...wants to eat in Blu...does that make sense? Maybe I'm miss-understanding these new suite rules??? LuAnn

I was told that I could not eat in the MDR...as we had a friend who was not AQ and we wanted to dine with her...and we were told we could not. I'm not sure that the "rules" of this entire AQ/Blu/Luminae have been worked out...but I'm talking about when on board Infinity in early '14 I was told I could not eat in MDR. OK...I was ok with that...but I don't want to be told that I can't eat in my assigned DR...that I paid extra for...because someone who has a suite...who has access to every venue on the ship...wants to eat in Blu...does that make sense? Maybe I'm miss-understanding these new suite rules??? LuAnn

You appear to have misunderstood.

Suite guests may dine in Blu if there is availability. If there is no availability then suite guests can not dine in Blu. AQ guests can always dine in Blu.

Incidentally, when on the Silhouette last December we asked to try the MDR and had no issues. We simply asked the maître de who made the arrangements. Many other AQ guests have managed to switch restaurants for an evening or two also.

in Feb of '14 and asked...as I had heard different "versions" of answers here on CC..and was told I could not dine in the MDR for dinner. I'm not so worried about breakfast as I am about dinner!! I am paying my $$ to dine in Blu...and I don't think that I should have to dine elsewhere...with very limited options...if the Suite guest decides to eat in Blu...and I have no other dining option rather than the buffet...when the suite guest has so many other options. To me it is really taking away the idea of booking AQ...if you can be blocked out of Blu!!! Does that make sense?? LuAnn

LuAnn

I'm not sure why you think you would be blocked out of Blu. By booking an AQ stateroom, you look forward to eating there. When we have booked a suite, we have gone to Blu for breakfast on a few occasions, but never, have we expected to receive priority treatment over an AQ person who is expected to eat there. If you enjoy the benefits of booking an AQ stateroom, then by all means continue to do so. Don't base your decision on the possibility of suite guests bumping you. Suite guest dine in Blu IF there is room...not at the expense of those who should be there.

Randy