Royal caribbean, i love you !!!!!!!

I'm on the same cruise as you Bobal. If they do this everynight, I think they're going to get LOTS of complaints - possibly even more than they got from the DD haters originally!

What makes you think they are doing it everynight ?

It was 2 nights on the Maiden Voyage ...where does it say everynight on future sailings ??? :confused:

It was 2 nights on the Maiden Voyage ...where does it say everynight on future sailings ??? :confused:

I'm crossing my fingers that maybe it was just an inaugural thing, to promote DD and make sure everyone was able to sample the foods from the free restaurants.

To the other posters who have assumed that this is what the DD Classic people wanted, your are wrong. No one wanted the same food every night! We just wanted same time/waitstaff/tablemates. The menus were not the issue! I love the idea of the Classic option, but am completely against this whole combo menu thing. Hopefully it was just an inaugural thing, and they get rid of it soon!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

The stichman seemed to indicate that it was going to be a regular event. See post 1. If it were to occur on say, Day 3 and I had Silk planned, I might be Pissed. That means upset in American terms.

The dress code is "dress in your best" .

This has nothing to do with food. its a gala night.

The Politically Correct term for a formal night.

Politically correct? Really?

Or do you mean "it's the new name for Formal night" cause I can't see anything politically correct about It?

I will try and use little words and type slowly

Is there a different menu used on this night?

If this is the case, it seems to make some people upset.

For what it's worth, the special menu would make sense on first or second night

By the way, I never did hear what Pucka meant

Hiya :)

Pukka ....... In the Jamie Oliver terms means "perfect" .... "just right" etc xxx

Food isn't really an issue for us, but we love fine dining.

But on a special night, our emphasis is on looking good and Dear GF not really having a food baby :)

Or do you mean "it's the new name for Formal night" cause I can't see anything politically correct about It?

Yes ....... are you familiar with the phrase "read between the lines" ???

just asking ....

it's like .......Instead of saying you look like friar tuck (or you've got a monks haircut) they say you're folically challenged.

so to coin the odd metaphor, there it is xx

Hiya :)

Pukka ....... In the Jamie Oliver terms means "perfect" .... "just right" etc xxx

Food isn't really an issue for us, but we love fine dining.

But on a special night, our emphasis is on looking good and Dear GF not really having a food baby :)

Got it, thanks

it's like .......Instead of saying you look like friar tuck (or you've got a monks haircut) they say you're folically challenged.

so to coin the odd metaphor, there it is xx

It's not really as if the word "formal night" offended anyone though...

It's not really as if the word "formal night" offended anyone though...

Good heavens ........ judging by the reaction on here and most of the formal threads, I beg to differ :(

Somebody has posted the cruise compass showing the royal night. It states that the same menu will be served in all of the complimentary restaurants but says only the grande had the formal dress code. So don't think this can be described as a formal night. Really don't get the reasoning behind it

If the "Royal Night" was a dress up, meet Captain, cocktail and a special show in the theatre or two70 lounge and the Menu's of ALL restaurants were left as they were and people dressed up for this event, then that would be like a gala night.

That would work and please those missing the "Formal Night" element of the cruise (Stitchman & Company) but having a set menu across the 4 main dinning options instead of what you had planned (anything upto 9 months in advance) will just upset more people than not having any Royal/Formal night at all.

This trying to please both parties isn't working and they are just trying different things to find what does work. Hopefully RCCL reads this and takes the top idea on board and does that instead of what they are doing.

Because I want a gala/formal/royal night to enjoy but I don't want my dinner menu's messed about as I planned what I am doing in October 2014 for a July 2015 cruise.

It's not every night on ALL sailings, just the 3 nighters.

Someone on Anthem now (a 3 night sailing) said they had it last night, and on their cruise compass for tooday shows it again for tonight (plus some people had been told it would be served every night on the 3 night sailings).

Not a happy bunny at all :mad:

It's not every night on ALL sailings, just the 3 nighters.

Someone on Anthem now (a 3 night sailing) said they had it last night, and on their cruise compass for tooday shows it again for tonight (plus some people had been told it would be served every night on the 3 night sailings).

Not a happy bunny at all :mad:

Ok thanks. So now we have the details ?

It is not a formal night all over the ship.

It is the same menu every night on the current 3 nighter and rumoured to be going to be done also on future 3 nighters.

It is served in Chic, Silk, American Icon, The Grande (formal dress code) and Coastal Kitchen (suite only).

Have just had it confirmed in writing by Royal Caribbean (following a letter expressing my concern) that the 3 night sailing on 3rd May will have this 'try to make everyone happy menu' for all 3 nights. The menu will be different each night and will feature what they describe as several of the 'most popular' dishes from each of the different Dynamic Dining menus.

This is not what I signed up for - I want to choose what I believe to be the best dishes in any given restaurant, based on my preferences not what some random chef (or past guests) prefer.

I chose my restaurants specifically to completely enjoy what the full menus of those particular restaurants had to offer.

I am not happy about this and think we're being fobbed off. Shame on you Royal :mad:

That's okay ....... I didn't think we were getting anything anywhere near formal ...... and now we are :)

I'm not bothered about the dining experience. The food is always fantastic and I just love chatting to my table mates.

I will now say to you what all the other posters said to me ......

(in so many words) it's okay ..... just stop moaning and go and enjoy your cruise.

Mine is going to drastically exceed expectations .........

LOVE YOU RCI !!!!!!!

That's okay ....... I didn't think we were getting anything anywhere near formal ...... and now we are :)

I'm not bothered about the dining experience. The food is always fantastic and I just love chatting to my table mates.

(in so many words) it's okay ..... just stop moaning and go and enjoy your cruise.

LOVE YOU RCI !!!!!!!

The dress code has not changed in the restaurants...it will still only be in The Grande that folks will be dressed formal.

Have just had it confirmed in writing by Royal Caribbean (following a letter expressing my concern) that the 3 night sailing on 3rd May will have this 'try to make everyone happy menu' for all 3 nights. The menu will be different each night and will feature what they describe as several of the 'most popular' dishes from each of the different Dynamic Dining menus.

This is not what I signed up for - I want to choose what I believe to be the best dishes in any given restaurant, based on my preferences not what some random chef (or past guests) prefer.

I chose my restaurants specifically to completely enjoy what the full menus of those particular restaurants had to offer.

I am not happy about this and think we're being fobbed off. Shame on you Royal :mad:

Same here, confirmed by RCI.

I'm not bothered about the dining experience.

Well many of us are bothered about the dining experience - the food is as important to us as your formal nights are to you.

I think you're overestimating how much like a formal night the royal evening is - I wouldn't get too excited!! If people don't adhere to an actual formal night, can't imagine "Dress your best" will do much ;)

LOVE YOU RCI !!!!!!!

It's not a formal night. It's not anything. It's LESS than you bargained for. Now instead of bespoke menus at each restaurant, you get dumbed down menus for all. No gala events. no formal events. No additional events or amenities. This is LESS than "normal". Not sure what you are so thrilled about exactly. Not sounding like exactly a home run to me.

LOVE YOU RCI !!!!!!!

It's not a formal night. It's not anything. It's LESS than you bargained for. Now instead of bespoke menus at each restaurant, you get dumbed down menus for all. No gala events. no formal events. No additional events or amenities. This is LESS than "normal". Not sure what you are so thrilled about exactly. Not sounding like exactly a home run to me.

Yes, but you know how someone's vision can be clouded when they are in love.;):D

Edited by Ocean Boy