Royal caribbean, i love you !!!!!!!

So it looks like this taste of menu only applies to the comp. restaurants. If that menu was only the first (or second night ONLY), and not tied to a dress code than MAYBE it's ok to give us a chance right away to sample some of the differnt offerrings to see where or where not we would want to eat later on.

So it looks like this taste of menu only applies to the comp. restaurants. If that menu was only the first (or second night ONLY), and not tied to a dress code than MAYBE it's ok to give us a chance right away to sample some of the differnt offerrings to see where or where not we would want to eat later on.

What's the menu got to do with anything ??

And gala nights still a figment of his imagination.

I do agree this is kind a mess. Why book restaurants if you are going to end up with a menu with choices from each? You'll be eating in each of them eventually anyway.

Really ??? you have proof ????

do you honestly know ???

Posters less cryptic than you have indicated that there was a menu change in conjunction with this

What is cryptic about .... what's a menu got to do with a gala night.

is it important about the menu on Halloween or a 70s or a tropical night ??

I love it !!

Well good for you because you're the only one! I will be very hacked off if I get the royal evening menu on one of my 3 nights instead of the menu that should be served at that restaurant.

As for "what's it got to do with the menu?" if you bothered to read reviews of people ACTUALLY on the ship now, you'd know that the main feature of "Royal Night" is that all the restaurants serve the same menu which is a sample of all 4 free restaurants - which so far isn't gong down very well.

Well good for you because you're the only one! I will be very hacked off if I get the royal evening menu on one of my 3 nights instead of the menu that should be served at that restaurant.

As for "what's it got to do with the menu?" if you bothered to read reviews of people ACTUALLY on the ship now, you'd know that the main feature of "Royal Night" is that all the restaurants serve the same menu which is a sample of all 4 free restaurants - which so far isn't gong down very well.

If it really is only a menu change, then hopefully that means that the whole idea will soon be abandoned.

What is cryptic about .... what's a menu got to do with a gala night.

is it important about the menu on Halloween or a 70s or a tropical night ??

I will try and use little words and type slowly

Is there a different menu used on this night?

If this is the case, it seems to make some people upset.

For what it's worth, the special menu would make sense on first or second night

By the way, I never did hear what Pucka meant

Totally agree. I am not interested in this bland mish-mash of choices. They don't even have (what I consider) to be the best bits from each menu.

If I go to Silk I want the full Silk menu.

On the last cruise (her first cruise) the mish-mash was even served in Coastal Kitchen. And I have heard from friend boarding today for the 3night cruise that the Mish-mash-menu is going to be served EVERY night. Oh boy is she fuming.

Dynamic Dining is meant to be about choice and variety.

Those who whined about 'same waiter/same tablemates' have got their wish with the introduction of Dynamic Dining Classic.

Please be boring and not enhance change, but at least let the rest of us have the delight of being able to choose where we want to dine because of the flavours that await us.

Anthem is meant to be innovative. Within a week of the launch it is turning into Fifty Shades of Bland.

Edited by little britain

Totally agree. I am not interested in this bland mish-mash of choices. They don't even have (what I consider) to be the best bits from each menu.

On the last cruise (her first cruise) the mish-mash was even served in Coastal Kitchen. And I have heard from friend boarding today for the 3night cruise that the Mish-mash-menu is going to be served EVERY night. Oh boy is she fuming.

Dynamic Dining is meant to be about choice and variety.

Those who whined about 'same waiter/same tablemates' have got their wish with the introduction of Dynamic Dining Classic.

Please be boring and not enhance change, but at least let the rest of us have the delight of being able to choose where we want to dine because of the flavours that await us.

Anthem is meant to be innovative. Within a week of the launch it is turning into Fifty Shades of Bland.

Could not have put it better myself.

I am fuming about this. I board on Sunday for a 3-night cruise and have chosen my restaurants specifically. I am so over the same old menus on RC and positively relished the idea of trying DD for the first time.

RC should be embarrassed about the way they have backed down to the whingers who want the same old experience every night. Surely they've done enough to appease these people with introducing Classic Dining without now introducing a 'cover-all' 'safe' menu as well. Shame on them not to have the courage of their convictions and stick with the DD concept as it was supposed to be. Let's hope someone from Royal is reading these boards and can see that there are those of us who are vocal supporters of DD - they've certainly done enough to appease the vocal detractors :mad:

Dynamic Dining is meant to be about choice and variety. Those who whined about 'same waiter/same tablemates' have got their wish with the introduction of Dynamic Dining Classic.

I don't think anyone who likes Classic dining asked for this. I for one love the whole idea of classic dining, but am completely disappointed with this new menu fiasco. Considering Anthem for May/June 2016 and I hope this menu goes the way of the midnight buffet, by the time I may go on Anthem.

The Taste of Anthem menu was served twice on the Maiden Voyage which just finished today...has anyone got written proof it is going to be served on other sailings ?

By the way it was served in Coastal Kitchen also.

Do you know if they also offered any of the Alternative Selections?

Do you know if they also offered any of the Alternative Selections?

All I know is that staff in CK did say that guests could order the steak or chicken if they did not like anything on the Taste of Anthem menu...but no idea if this was offered in the other restaurants or if the full Simple Taste menu was offered.

Could not have put it better myself.

I am fuming about this. I board on Sunday for a 3-night cruise and have chosen my restaurants specifically. I am so over the same old menus on RC and positively relished the idea of trying DD for the first time.

RC should be embarrassed about the way they have backed down to the whingers who want the same old experience every night. Surely they've done enough to appease these people with introducing Classic Dining without now introducing a 'cover-all' 'safe' menu as well. Shame on them not to have the courage of their convictions and stick with the DD concept as it was supposed to be. Let's hope someone from Royal is reading these boards and can see that there are those of us who are vocal supporters of DD - they've certainly done enough to appease the vocal detractors :mad:

I'm on the same cruise as you Bobal. If they do this everynight, I think they're going to get LOTS of complaints - possibly even more than they got from the DD haters originally!

I have to agree with the above. I chose Anthem as this was meant to be the future of cruising: full of innovation and giving us, the customer, the choice to enjoy our holidays how we want.

After as much preparation as I could, I booked all restaurants based on what cruisers on Quantum had posted and searching for menus online. This was not an easy task as both myself and my much better other half have very differing views on what we like to eat.

Then, after a very long time (or so it seemed) the entertainment timings were posted on Royal's website. This meant another look at our dinner reservations so we could also enjoy the much hyped shows, and another couple of hours were spent rejigging dinner reservations.

An example of this would be having to cancel our reservation at Silk from an original time of 19:00 to rebook on a different day at the only available time of of 21:30. Neither of us were happy at this, but we want to experience Silk.

I will not be best pleased if I discover that the only available menu on that day is a hybrid of everything we could have "enjoyed" at every other restaurant!!!

When I dine at my local "Asian infused Restaurant", I would not accept being offered "chips in curry sauce" because "the last few customers wanted it"...... even if it was complementary.

I am not a happy bunny!

I'm sorry - could someone please clarify - does this mean that we need to bring formal clothing to the Anthem for a formal night (or a Royal night or whatever else they are calling it)?

I have asked on the Anthem FB page for clarification on this from anyone who has sailed so far