Royal caribbean, i love you !!!!!!!

This sums up my frustration with how RCCL is handling things in regards to Oasis/Anthem roll out of DD. They are literally making things up as they go along, and drop bombshell after bombshell at the last minute.

Plus it took them 3+ weeks to fix their website in regards to booking/rebooking show/dinner reservations.

I am done with RCCL for the next year or so until they get their act together.

I am the trip planner, and I have never had so must frustrations in planning a vacation.

I have to agree with the above. I chose Anthem as this was meant to be the future of cruising: full of innovation and giving us, the customer, the choice to enjoy our holidays how we want.

After as much preparation as I could, I booked all restaurants based on what cruisers on Quantum had posted and searching for menus online. This was not an easy task as both myself and my much better other half have very differing views on what we like to eat.

Then, after a very long time (or so it seemed) the entertainment timings were posted on Royal's website. This meant another look at our dinner reservations so we could also enjoy the much hyped shows, and another couple of hours were spent rejigging dinner reservations.

An example of this would be having to cancel our reservation at Silk from an original time of 19:00 to rebook on a different day at the only available time of of 21:30. Neither of us were happy at this, but we want to experience Silk.

I will not be best pleased if I discover that the only available menu on that day is a hybrid of everything we could have "enjoyed" at every other restaurant!!!

When I dine at my local "Asian infused Restaurant", I would not accept being offered "chips in curry sauce" because "the last few customers wanted it"...... even if it was complementary.

I am not a happy bunny!

Having seen the email that was sent to guests who expressed how unhappy they are with this last minute change to dining/menu on the 3 nighters I have to say I am totally disgusted with the response from RCCL UK.

Quote from email -

We would like to explain that following a series of similar short sailings

on Quantum of the Seas, the feedback from our valued guests was that they

were unable to visit all of the dynamic dining restaurants due to the

limited time onboard.

Therefore, and in order for all of our valued guests to have the

opportunity to sample dishes from all of the dynamic dining restaurants, a

special menu has been introduced for the 3 nights sailing's, which includes

several of the most popular dishes from each of the dynamic dining

restaurants. There will be a different menu for each night of the sailing.

They actually are puting the blame on past guests for this !!! OMG have they totally lost it ?

What a load of garbage, really do they actually think that guests will fall for this garbage ?

The 3 nighters on Quantum were in NOVEMBER last year !!

They let guests booked on the Anthem 3 nighters book the restaurants they wanted to eat in and then suddenly at the last minute....wham...hey sorry buddy blame past guests for this wishy washy bland boring send you to sleep menu.

Between this mess and the false advertising Dreamworks mess..wow RCCL UK you have not done yourself any favours at all..... actually you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I wonder if there will be a job shuffle soon at RCCL UK.

Who are you referring to ?

Liz, I think he has a point. Inaugurals are notoriously bad sailings for as long as I have been reading about them.

I think that going on an inaugural needs to be something that you are committed to the experience and should probably not expect a well oiled operation.

I can sort of see the point of having a blended menu on a 3 night cruise. When there are way more complimentary restaurants than a person can book.

That said, this all is off-topic to the OP's mistaken points....:D Who continually amuses with a single-mindedness that approaches obsession.;)

jc

Liz, I think he has a point. Inaugurals are notoriously bad sailings for as long as I have been reading about them.

I think that going on an inaugural needs to be something that you are committed to the experience and should probably not expect a well oiled operation.

I can sort of see the point of having a blended menu on a 3 night cruise. When there are way more complimentary restaurants than a person can book.

That said, this all is off-topic to the OP's mistaken points....:D Who continually amuses with a single-mindedness that approaches obsession.;)

jc

I did Oasis Maiden & Inaugural and Allure Maiden & Inaugural and they were all great, a few wee problems but nothing major.

I did Quantum Maiden which was basically a disaster.

I did not book Anthem at all.

Friends who were on Quantum Maiden did go on Anthem Inaugural and had a great time.

Glitches/early sailings are nothing to do with what is happening here for these guests on the 3 nighters. The problem here is RCCL UK deciding to change things a few days before guests get on the ship and saying it is because of feedback from past guests on 3 nighters on Quantum.

They actually are puting the blame on past guests for this !!! OMG have they totally lost it ?

What a load of garbage, really do they actually think that guests will fall for this garbage ?

They let guests booked on the Anthem 3 nighters book the restaurants they wanted to eat in and then suddenly at the last minute....wham...hey sorry buddy blame past guests for this wishy washy bland boring send you to sleep menu.

Seriously - are you for real :eek:

You are one of the biggest detractors of Q class and DD - all over these boards saying how you would never sail Q class again. Complaining about not having a 'plain wishy washy boring menu'

Really can't understand the point you are trying to make here in light of your previous comments on these boards :rolleyes:

Seriously - are you for real :eek:

You are one of the biggest detractors of Q class and DD - all over these boards saying how you would never sail Q class again. Complaining about not having a 'plain wishy washy boring menu'

Really can't understand the point you are trying to make here in light of your previous comments on these boards :rolleyes:

I was supporting you and others on the 3 nighters, seriously are you for real ?

Having seen the email that was sent to guests who expressed how unhappy they are with this last minute change to dining/menu on the 3 nighters I have to say I am totally disgusted with the response from RCCL UK.

Quote from email -

We would like to explain that following a series of similar short sailings

on Quantum of the Seas, the feedback from our valued guests was that they

were unable to visit all of the dynamic dining restaurants due to the

limited time onboard.

Therefore, and in order for all of our valued guests to have the

opportunity to sample dishes from all of the dynamic dining restaurants, a

special menu has been introduced for the 3 nights sailing's, which includes

several of the most popular dishes from each of the dynamic dining

restaurants. There will be a different menu for each night of the sailing.

Between this mess and the false advertising Dreamworks mess..wow RCCL UK you have not done yourself any favours at all..... actually you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I wonder if there will be a job shuffle soon at RCCL UK.

Wait, so does this mean that this stupid menu will only be used on the 2 nighters? And will not be used on longer sailings? I am crossing my fingers, as this is a completely horrible idea!

Wait, so does this mean that this stupid menu will only be used on the 2 nighters? And will not be used on longer sailings? I am crossing my fingers, as this is a completely horrible idea!

No one knows if the menu will be on longer sailings, at the moment all the info points to it being on the 3 nighters.

Yes the 3 nighters are revenue cruises, guests paid a lot of money for these cruises.

Understood. I was confused about you being onboard though. I guess your comments are coming fro associate's. FWIW, I kind of think this might be an interesting idea for the first night of a long cruise

DON'T BRING AROUND A CLOUD TO RAIN ON MY PARADE !!!!

To be honest, I have never really been getting my hopes up. But you must remember, this is sailing from Southampton. mainly British people on board that haven't seen forums, haven't gone all anal with research like a lot of you people.

They will innocently go on board after spending a small fortune and be expecting something special.

Now they are "at least" getting something.

And I'm so glad Royal have realised this.

Regards

Pete

I have a had thought, maybe some of the restaurants are over subscribed with online bookings, and there has been a need to open up the other restaurants to the other menus to cater the guest who are unable to book say the grand.

I'm guessing this time of year, most guests will be older uk guests with less exotic tastes.

So the grand could be over subscribed and say silk less so, for me it will be the other way around.

Although I may can el my grand booking if the same food is available

Elsew here and I can ditch the suit. :)

Yes ........ There will be plenty of us jolly old coffin dodgers on board. As long I can turn around in my cabin on my electric scooter I'll be fine.

I must admit, if I had gone to all that effort of booking restaurants and they changed the menu, I would probably get the hump. so I feel for you :(

DON'T BRING AROUND A CLOUD TO RAIN ON MY PARADE !!!!

To be honest, I have never really been getting my hopes up. But you must remember, this is sailing from Southampton. mainly British people on board that haven't seen forums, haven't gone all anal with research like a lot of you people.

They will innocently go on board after spending a small fortune and be expecting something special.

Now they are "at least" getting something.

And I'm so glad Royal have realised this.

Regards

Pete

What EXACTLY are they getting? You seemed to miss the pages of posts EXACTLY determining that your original post was WRONG-- do you understand that this IS NOT a formal night??? You don't seem to get that yet..:

What EXACTLY are they getting? You seemed to miss the pages of posts EXACTLY determining that your original post was WRONG-- do you understand that this IS NOT a formal night??? You don't seem to get that yet..:

Where exactly in that post did I mention the "F" word ?

and stop being such a cry baby .......... !

I must say any of these numerous threads are pointless, and yet for a few weeks now, I keep reading them... Everyday feels like "Groundhog Day". Just a tiny little difference then repeat.

wow...

jc<----- sailing from Southampton is 393 days

I must say any of these numerous threads are pointless, and yet for a few weeks now, I keep reading them... Everyday feels like "Groundhog Day". Just a tiny little difference then repeat.

wow...

jc<----- sailing from Southampton is 393 days

Groundhog day indeed lol.

And I'm the one that gets the girl in the end :)

Live die repeat ........ (or was that Tom Cruise)