Home comforts.

I've never brought it but there have been times I wished I brought my pillow.

I am sailing from my 'home port' this year and seeing I won't have to fly just might bring it this time. :)

My 6 siblings all in our teens would laugh at and tease my mother for bringing her pillow on any trip big or small....well....for me it's my pillow and a small fan especially durinG those years when women suffer the most...somehow i manage only carryon....flying to San juan early for a feb cruise....will buy a fan at walgreens....real cranky pants without those 2 things!

A real blanket--not a duvet. They are harder and harder to get on a cruise. I do get a top sheet if I ask. I hate duvets.

Dreaming, a hot tub on our balcony; yes, I know some super suites have them, but not any rooms we'll be likely to every splurge for. I am used to a hot soak before bed at home.

If there was one home comfort you could have for the duration of a cruise what would it be?I know some cruisers bring all manner of things with them on a cruise for their cabin or do you want to leave home at home and experience some different?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband's shower chair. The stools provided by Special Needs are much too low. He has difficulty standing that long, but holding the bar in the shower helps.

My 6 siblings all in our teens would laugh at and tease my mother for bringing her pillow on any trip big or small....well....for me it's my pillow and a small fan especially durinG those years when women suffer the most...somehow i manage only carryon....flying to San juan early for a feb cruise....will buy a fan at walgreens....real cranky pants without those 2 things!

I'll often take my pillow with me.

Once even bought one in post one day because just couldn't get one that suited.

My husband's shower chair. The stools provided by Special Needs are much too low. He has difficulty standing that long, but holding the bar in the shower helps.

Agree with that I wish the lines would actually employ some people with disabilities to advise them. Or even a specific survey "How can we make your life better cruising with a disability"

I bring my own body wash, pouf and shower cap - I like my moisturizing wash / pouf more than whatever the cruise ship / hotel got going on. My hair is hard and takes too long to dry, so if possible I use a shower cap for it. :o

I've never brought it but there have been times I wished I brought my pillow.

I am sailing from my 'home port' this year and seeing I won't have to fly just might bring it this time. :)

Goog to hear you are sailing again. Why do I think it will be on HAL?

Fair skies, and a following sea.

AS I am in the habit of elevating my feet while sitting, and truly missed being able to do so while sitting on the balcony, I finally figured out a way to do so. I purchased an inexpensive inflatable beach ball. blow it up about 2/3 of the way, and presto! I have a cushy place to prop my feet! At the end of the cruise I deflate it, and tuck it in my suitcase to take home till the next cruise. It sure has made balcony sitting much more comfortable.

Edited by flamomo

When we're in our cabin in the evening, I wish there were more music channels to choose from on the TV. Maybe some light jazz, oldies, Country & Western, etc. Definitely need more than top 40 or hip-hop. That would be enough "home comfort" for me while on a cruise.

Edited by beachbum53

AS I am in the habit of elevating my feet while sitting, and truly missed being able to do so while sitting on the balcony, I finally figured out a way to do so. I purchased an inexpensive inflatable beach ball. blow it up about 2/3 of the way, and presto! I have a cushy place to prop my feet! At the end of the cruise I deflate it, and tuck it in my suitcase to take home till the next cruise. It sure has made balcony sitting much more comfortable.

What a great idea!

I've done the same thing for long international flights - it helps with back pain and takes up very little room in a carry-on. Because it isn't fully inflated, it doesn't roll away.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

I like to bring some of my old buddies with me. Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker and J.P. Wiser.:D:p

Just kidding. Some people object to others bringing their old buddies with them.:( So I just make new friends on my cruises like Jack, C.C. and Chivas.:)

Great idea. thank you.

Oh, what a great idea! We have an adjustable bed and it's spoiled us for flat beds - this would help us not miss our own bed so much. :)

Thanks for the Great Idea! I'll be sure to take one next cruise. A must for me (and my cabin mate) is my CPAP. My new one has a humidifier attachment, and I hope that will help a lot.

I can't think of any extras that I absolutely positively must bring from home to fully enjoy a cruise. Sure, it's nice to have these creature comforts (and the one time I left my ipod at home I was bummin' for a couple of hours), but I guess it's all about what works for the individual.

I wish I could bring my quilting machine and all my quilting material (already cut mind you) and quilting supplies. I would love to be able to set up my machine in front of the sliding glass doors in the cabin and spend sea days working on my quilting. You couldn't get any more inspirational the watching the ocean glide by as you piece or quilt your quilt.

For me that would be the perfect trip. But, unless I win the lottery it is only a dream.

I wish I could bring my quilting machine and all my quilting material (already cut mind you) and quilting supplies. I would love to be able to set up my machine in front of the sliding glass doors in the cabin and spend sea days working on my quilting. You couldn't get any more inspirational the watching the ocean glide by as you piece or quilt your quilt.

For me that would be the perfect trip. But, unless I win the lottery it is only a dream.

Wouldn't wifey love that.

If there was one home comfort you could have for the duration of a cruise what would it be?

The thing I can no longer travel without is my Samsung Note 3 -- it is my camera, book reader, notepad, alarm clock, flashlight... in most ports it is also my email and internet device. Oh yeah, it is a phone too... I must also bring two additional batteries and chargers for them, as the one thing it doesn't have is sufficient battery life.

However, I believe the question is what would you like that you CAN'T bring? That would be reasonable cost, reasonable speed, ship-wide wifi. A girl can dream!

I'd like to bring my speedboat. I'd lower it from the side of the ship and go explore places on my own before reboarding. Obviously this isn't a serious consideration, but that's kind of the point.