Just got a call back about the Restaurant meals

Merriem

I don't understand the problem or the issue. When I go on a cruise I only eat one meal a day it is all day long as I start eating in the morning and finish at night.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Just got a call back stating they had changed back to three meals a day. Not sure what to make of Celebrity and this whole issue and the suite restaurant

It would be great if the Celebrity rep here would let us know if that is indeed the case or not.

It would be great if the Celebrity rep here would let us know if that is indeed the case or not.

Obviously they had a lot of complaints. They should have. People booked those suites based on what Celebrity advertised.

Just got a call back stating they had changed back to three meals a day. Not sure what to make of Celebrity and this whole issue and the suite restaurant

A call back from who?

A call back from who?

The Celebrity Guest Relations person that I had spoken to earlier today. I am repeating what she said in her voice mail............that they were going back to the original 3 meals in the Suite restaurant.............which most of us had booked under.

The Celebrity Guest Relations person that I had spoken to earlier today. I am repeating what she said in her voice mail............that they were going back to the original 3 meals in the Suite restaurant.............which most of us had booked under.

Thanks for clarifying. The title of the thread is confusing because it doesn't distinguish the suite restaurant from the MDR or any other restaurant on board.

The Celebrity rep responded on one of the other NUMEROUS threads regarding Luminae.

See post # 68 on this thread for his response:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2204943&page=4

Even though it is only a day old, it is "ancient news". The poster is requesting that Celebrity Cruises comes back to verify the new information that Merriam is reporting.

They are going back to 3 meals on SEA days - not on port days.

They are going back to 3 meals on SEA days - not on port days.

DINAS -That was yesterday's news. Merriem just spoke to X a few hours ago and it seems like they are reverting back to 3 meals a day, which I would assume means ALL days on the ship. There was never mention in orginal releases or videos about an exception for port days. The vidoe states Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and written material states meals Morning, Noon and Night. Again, nothing about "except for port days".

Hallelujah! Someone had hoped the problems were just teething issues -- and (giving X the benefit of the doubt) that seems to be the case. This will put a Sky Suite back on my dream list!

Merriem, thanks for the update. I've been counting on the Suite restaurant serving up a one of a kind breakfast to the suite guests, hoping they would leave Blu for the AQ guests, & for a while it sounded like they were reneging on that promise of three meals a day.

Our last cruise we had storms 10 out of 14 days at breakfast time & Blu was a zoo with passengers being turned away. I'm hoping we don't experience that again.

Hallelujah! Someone had hoped the problems were just teething issues -- and (giving X the benefit of the doubt) that seems to be the case. This will put a Sky Suite back on my dream list!

Not that I am going to being booking a suite anytime soon, but this new venue has only been rolled out since April 6.

I think it will work out and all of you suite passengers will be loving it.

Edited by Azulann

Not that I am going to being booking a suite anytime soon, but this new venue has only been rolled out since April 6.

I think it will work out and all of you suite passengers will be loving it.

It should all be worked out before being rolled out to full paying passengers who were promised certain things upon booking. Three meals, local/fresh ingredients, extended wine list, etc.

Kudos to Cruise Critic....and us. Celebrity tried to pull the ole bait and switch and this community held their feet to the fire. They're slippery!

While on our cruise we were told that they were not completely up and running with all meals and decor and that if we liked what we saw then we would really be happy when they had it all together. If it makes you feel better to pat yourself on the back, have at it.

While on our cruise we were told that they were not completely up and running with all meals and decor and that if we liked what we saw then we would really be happy when they had it all together. If it makes you feel better to pat yourself on the back, have at it.

I think the fact that they published the meal schedule on their web site, the initial response from Celebrity Cruises, the feedback from those on the ships, and the feedback from those that called celebrity directly pretty much says that their plan was for brunch on some days and breakfast on others.

Surely they took other factors into account, but it's very likely that "celebrity Cruises" took our comments and/or a summary of our comments to whoever was involved in the decision and we were a factor...just as the folks who surely complained on board, on other social media and through phone calls and emails directly to Celebrity.

Did we cause the change....no. Did we help cause the re-evaluation of their decision....I think we probably did....similar to the classic drink package content change...and the classic to premium upgrade cost change.

Edited by ghstudio

I am with you on this. After ten days of a happy and satisfactory experience eating at Luminae, sadly to end after tonight, including my profound appreciation of its hardworking and lovely staff, I have found all the hysterics and negativity on this forum regarding Luminae's perceived deficiencies annoying, to put it politely. All I can offer is a suggestion to relax and assume your Luminae experience will be fine, rather than worrying over it now.

Thank you for that, pleased you enjoyed it. Good to hear some positive things about Luminae, cannot wait to try it early next month;)

Safe Journey home - I understand that FCO airport is getting back to normal now after the fire in Terminal 3 earlier today.

I am with you on this. After ten days of a happy and satisfactory experience eating at Luminae, sadly to end after tonight, including my profound appreciation of its hardworking and lovely staff, I have found all the hysterics and negativity on this forum regarding Luminae's perceived deficiencies annoying, to put it politely. All I can offer is a suggestion to relax and assume your Luminae experience will be fine, rather than worrying over it now.

I am happy that you were happy with 2 meals a day and no embarkation lunch. I, on the other hand, would not have been happy with any less than what was promised. Yes, some posts here are ugly, but most posts were pointing out we deserve what we paid for. We are/were frustrated and annoyed that it takes this "whining" "perisitence", whatever you want to call it, to get the attention of Celebrity to consider our feelings and potential rights as a paying customer. I agree that the snide and jealous people who post here over and over again need to simmer. I do no agree that voicing our frustrations is ugly...if that is what you meant. I am happy this issue is hopefully taken care of. I for one was going to cancel my trip before final payment for another cruise line if this was not fixed in an appropriate way. It was THAT impotant to me. Now if someone can answer my question as to why the apps in MC have disappeared and why when they are there they are inedible. Wishing everyone a great day.

Thank you for your report of actually eating in Luminae on your recent cruise.

I look forward to the others, who seem to be naysayers,to post their reviews after their sailings.