What are Your Favorite Places

qsuzi

Our balcony with a book and a glass of wine; a lounger on the Promenade deck, and the Explorers Library in that order. :)

Maybe it doesn't come under the heading of pure relaxation, but pure joy for me is walking laps on the Promenade deck in a brisk wind, especially if it isn't too cold or too warm. :D

A padded lounger on the promenade deck (by whatever name on the particular ship), unless it's too warm outside. Fresh air, close to the sounds and scent of the ocean. Quiet, as there is no overhead noise played out there.

For some reason I can't fathom, I prefer starboard side---unless it's too sunny, or too windy.

Thank you for commenting KrazyKruisers, OVgirl, and Ruth. I'm just getting relaxed thinking about all of your relaxing places. WELCOME HOME RUTH! I followed your cruise memories via Rev Neal's Twitter account and got to see you at the Great Wall of China. What a remarkable cruise/trip.

On the smaller ships it is the library, not so much on the Vista and Signature ships. I will never understand the wisdom of putting the coffee bar in the middle of the library.

If we have a balcony then it is there in the early morning. If not it is the sea view pool in the morning until it gets too crowded.

On the smaller ships it is the library, not so much on the Vista and Signature ships. I will never understand the wisdom of putting the coffee bar in the middle of the library.

If we have a balcony then it is there in the early morning. If not it is the sea view pool in the morning until it gets too crowded.

Thanks for adding your comments 1of4. Somehow I can get immersed in the puzzle but can't read and be relaxed when the coffee bar is part of the library. Bet your kids are still talking about the cruise. :)

A padded lounger on the promenade deck (by whatever name on the particular ship), unless it's too warm outside. Fresh air, close to the sounds and scent of the ocean. Quiet, as there is no overhead noise played out there.

For some reason I can't fathom, I prefer starboard side---unless it's too sunny, or too windy.

Welcome Back, Ruth. Hope you had a wonderful trip.

I wish I had known how to find Rev's twitter account so I could follow you. I never go to twitter :o but would have looked for that stream of comments.

Our balcony is a favorite place on any cruise. We always book a room with a balcony on the starboard side. We especially enjoy breakfast and sunsets there.

We are looking forward to "our balcony" next year on our very first HAL cruise. We will be on the Maasdam going to Alaska.

It's over a year away and I'm as excited as if it was my very first cruise. :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

Thanks so much for adding your comments S7S and Jim.

S7S, I will be sure to check out the Westerdam Aft Pool.

Jim, your balcony will be one of the great places to be on your Alaskan cruise. I remember your excitement when researching and finally booking your cruise.

Ahhh ... our favorites for relaxation ...

1 The balcony with coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the afternoon.

2 Under an umbrella at the Sea View pool - People Watching with a rum punch in hand. :)

Sitting in the corner of the Crow's nest with a coffee and a book early in the morning.

Thanks for adding your comments dixiefinn. Sounds like pure bliss.

I don't take cruises to relax. That is the opposite of what I like to do on any trip so relaxation on a vacation means taking a nap.

However, there is one place I get pure relaxation on a cruise ship: the hot tubs. With an inside cabin this time, I can't vote for balcony.

If I have a balcony, and that's always an if, that's generally a sweet place to hang out with a book. Otherwise, I love the promenade deck with a lounge chair. Bliss. I'm a big reader, so it needs to be a quiet place but there are lots of nooks onboard to find yourself lost in a book.

On the Amsterdam, on the 'secret' aft deck on the Navigation Deck - sailing Alaskan waters, gazing at the wake and scanning the seas for whale blows/tails/humps. Bliss! Life just doesn't get any better than that!

Actually it can - see my avatar. I would love to see a breaching whale from the ship!

Have you ever seen a whale from your balcony or Promenade Deck?

Absolutely have seen many, many whales (even several breaches!) from that aft deck on the Amsterdam, as well as from our balcony on the Oosterdam. I live for whale watching from the ship - every waking moment finds me with binoculars around my neck and camera handy. A bit of an obsession, to be sure;). Its the best part of sailing to and from the Great Land, don't you think?