Time to stop putting pools on X new ships?

bryanjaync

Is it time to stop building swimming pools on new Celebrity cruise ships ? Are kids waterpark attractions (the buckets, the fountains, the water guns, etc.) better for safety than a pool ? And for adults, instead of a pool what about a meandering deck paths of misting machines, tunnels of rainforest showers, and other tech alternatives? Should traditional pools go ?

Pools and hot tubs should never be eliminated from Cruise ships. We never use them but a lot of Cruisers do and enjoy them. Water safety for kids starts and ends with their parents.

Edited by davekathy

I wouldn't miss them but obviously it seems to be the main reason many people go on cruises. If they're not at the pool then they want to know where the best beaches are at each port. To each their own. If people want to hang out in cesspools of bacteria then who am I dissuade them.

It's apparent that people enjoy the pools. I don't, and I don't see the allure of sitting in the sun next to one. But I don't see any cruise line eliminating the feature any time soon.

Personally, I'd rather see a lazy river for lazy tubing. THAT would be cool.

I wouldn't miss them but obviously it seems to be the main reason many people go on cruises. If they're not at the pool then they want to know where the best beaches are at each port. To each their own. If people want to hang out in cesspools of bacteria then who am I dissuade them.

Now now! They cant be that bad. After 25 years of cruising our skin has not been eaten off yet!:D

Is it time to stop building swimming pools on new Celebrity cruise ships ? Are kids waterpark attractions (the buckets, the fountains, the water guns, etc.) better for safety than a pool ? And for adults, instead of a pool what about a meandering deck paths of misting machines, tunnels of rainforest showers, and other tech alternatives? Should traditional pools go ?

No No No No If these words come out from the President mouth.I surely believe she will get FIRE.:confused::confused::confused:

Never see a Cruise ship without a pool.

Edited by iSailor

Bear in mind many adults use the pool and swimming as a great source of exercise.

Phil

This is how I build up my immunity for upcoming superbug apocalypse. :D

I'm another vote to keep the cesspools of bacteria. (And are they really? Don't the added chemicals do *something*?)

X could get rid of the outdoor traditional pools for all I care. I do like the Solarium pools. Replace those outdoor pools with more hot tubes or maybe a few of those endless pools.:D

I would not cruise on a ship without a pool. I exercise in the water everyday during every cruise. I go very early so there are rarely others in the pool or sometimes around 5h30 pm when many are getting ready for dinner or enjoying the bars.

They seem to be a central focus on many ships and even those that don't get wet like hanging out near the pool.

That will be a good idea in Cunard or Holland America, but Celebrity carries a relatively young crowd that really enjoys pools, especially in the Caribbean. Even, I think that pools in current ships are too small considering their size and quantity of passengers.

Edited by Pipo