New Princess Ship - 2017

panamapd

Hi there

What with all the new ships launching I haven't had a chance to sail with Princess since 2008. I have a gap in my cruising schedule and would like to know if anyone has any more info. For instance, the new name, when will bookings open? (I know it is for 2017 but the new MSC ship, for 2017, is open for bookings at the end of this month.

The new ship is yet unnamed, bookings will probably open about 16-18 months out before her maiden voyage, and depending on what time of year she debuts, expect a summer season in the Mediterranean after which she will be deployed to China on a permanent basis.

:D

Hi there

What with all the new ships launching I haven't had a chance to sail with Princess since 2008. I have a gap in my cruising schedule and would like to know if anyone has any more info. For instance, the new name, when will bookings open? (I know it is for 2017 but the new MSC ship, for 2017, is open for bookings at the end of this month.

The new Princess ship is being deployed to Asia. :(

It'll be interesting to see who they pick as the new ship's Godmother, as well as where the ship will be christened - in the Med somewhere or in Shanghai?

:confused:

Royal & Regal go to Europe, east coast & Caribbean and the 3rd Royal-class ship goes to Asia. Older west coast favorites like the Sapphire & Diamond go to Asia. Once again Princess shows they don't really care much about the west coast. :(

Yes, I am whining but it was very disappointing when Princess ignored the west coast again in favor of Asia...our "new" ships are always years old with the 8 year Ruby being our "new" ship. :eek:

The name should be a "no-brainer". Let's see now.....There is a Ruby, and an Emerald, and a Sapphire, and a Diamond.....What gemstone is there that is crucial to the cruise industry that has not yet been used as the name for a Princess ship? Ah yes.....Ladies and Gentleman, I give you......

The Tanzanite Princess!!!

The name should be a "no-brainer". Let's see now.....There is a Ruby, and an Emerald, and a Sapphire, and a Diamond.....What gemstone is there that is crucial to the cruise industry that has not yet been used as the name for a Princess ship? Ah yes.....Ladies and Gentleman, I give you......

Since she is going to Asia, maybe Pearl Princess???????????

:)

Edited by lazycruzer

Riviera Princess

Average rev per berth is about $600 on the SF non-Alaska sailing. Asia is running $800-1000...

Royal & Regal go to Europe, east coast & Caribbean and the 3rd Royal-class ship goes to Asia. Older west coast favorites like the Sapphire & Diamond go to Asia. Once again Princess shows they don't really care much about the west coast. :(

Yes, I am whining but it was very disappointing when Princess ignored the west coast again in favor of Asia...our "new" ships are always years old with the 8 year Ruby being our "new" ship. :eek:

They have been ignoring the MidWest for even longer :)

Average rev per berth is about $600 on the SF non-Alaska sailing. Asia is running $800-1000...

I understand the profitability factor & know that it is important for any company to make a profit. Mr. Donald is very vocal promoting passenger satisfaction however to me his actions seem to indicate that profits might be his top priority.

It's a fine line to walk & hopefully he'll find the optimum balance between passenger satisfaction & profitability.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If SF was close to Asia in revenue, I could see that argument. But right now that's way too much money to leave on the table. As more ships get moved there, eventually the market will saturate, but for now, Asia is home to 3/4 of a BILLION potential first time cruisers (who are the most profitable) with 6 ships there full time averaging 4000 pax they could flip the ships over with all new cruisers every week and still have a 500 year supply.

I understand the profitability factor & know that it is important for any company to make a profit. Mr. Donald is very vocal promoting passenger satisfaction however to me his actions seem to indicate that profits might be his top priority.

It's a fine line to walk & hopefully he'll find the optimum balance between passenger satisfaction & profitability.

I completely agree!!!!! Come on Princess -- give us one of the newer ships! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

We were told by the captain on the Regal that the new ship would be named the SKY Princess.

Seems like they are missing out on an alternative revenue stream, i.e., naming rights. Think how much money PCL could realize if it named the new ship "SKYY Princess".

And they could re-name the Diamond Princess as the "Diamonds International Princess".

And the Crown and the Royal could be combined into the "Crown Royal" I and the "Crown Royal II".

:D;):cool:

Edited by JimmyVWine

Seems like they are missing out on an alternative revenue stream, i.e., naming rights. Think how much money PCL could realize if it named the new ship "SKYY Princess".

And they could re-name the Diamond Princess as the "Diamonds International Princess".

And the Crown and the Royal could be combined into the "Crown Royal" I and the "Crown Royal II".

Or Coke Princess since they don't do Pepsi.

:D:D:D

Cheers, Denise