Everything about Harmony of the Seas

I'd love I fly too, but not at the expense of losing a flow rider.:eek: Our DS would miss the mini golf too, us not so much. ;) What about a barrel flowrider at the mini-golf location. That would be fun, and just a little dangerous. :D

Imagine if they put the North Star there, they could look right into the loft cabins. I guess it is no different than Boardwalk and Central Park cabins. I doubt that would happen due to weight/distrubition restrictions.

I really like the idea of a barrel flowrider. Can you imagine how fast the lines would go then:p. I have considered foregoing a cruise to see the west coast and try it out there but the wife would probably not like that too well. I agree as much as I would like to see a I fly I would definitely not be happy to lose a flowrider because of it. If they were just taking out the mini golf it probably would not hurt our feelings either as we seldom play anymore. I am sure a lot of other people would not be happy though if they took out the mini golf.

Our harmony cruise will be the first with a balcony and we are in central park. I can say we are looking forward to it even though we may not have as much privacy as we were used to. We will have to see if the northstar makes is aboard this ship but it looks doubtful. But then again maybe that 1m wider overall width was to allow for it????

I really like the idea of a barrel flowrider. Can you imagine how fast the lines would go then:p. I have considered foregoing a cruise to see the west coast and try it out there but the wife would probably not like that too well. I agree as much as I would like to see a I fly I would definitely not be happy to lose a flowrider because of it. If they were just taking out the mini golf it probably would not hurt our feelings either as we seldom play anymore. I am sure a lot of other people would not be happy though if they took out the mini golf.

Our harmony cruise will be the first with a balcony and we are in central park. I can say we are looking forward to it even though we may not have as much privacy as we were used to. We will have to see if the northstar makes is aboard this ship but it looks doubtful. But then again maybe that 1m wider overall width was to allow for it????

I would think the NS needs to be installed central to the ship for stability but I am no engineer or marine architect. There really is no other "open" deck space other than the retail areas that have YTB announced. They could have put the water slides at the mini-golf, so it makes me wonder what "could" go there other than mini golf. They could have put the slides over top of the minigolf for that matter.

That's why I keep thinking the "surprise" will be the shows.

EDIT: If the NS were to appear I would think Llyod's thread on the building of the Harmony would have capture a few pictures of it by now.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I would think the NS needs to be installed central to the ship for stability but I am no engineer or marine architect. There really is no other "open" deck space other than the retail areas that have YTB announced. They could have put the water slides at the mini-golf, so it makes me wonder what "could" go there other than mini golf. They could have put the slides over top of the minigolf for that matter.

That's why I keep thinking the "surprise" will be the shows.

EDIT: If the NS were to appear I would think Llyod's thread on the building of the Harmony would have capture a few pictures of it by now.

I think you are probably right on that one. The shows will probably be the next big announcement. I too have looked at some of the great pictures posted by llyod to see if there are any clues to what might come but don't see anything that gives away any surprises. I was actually really shocked they are adding waterslides. Maybe they will still wow us some more yet as the bar keeps getting set higher and higher.

When you book a Harmony sailing you have access to the 'About the ship' section of the booking page.

While Harmony Dunes mini-golf is featured, they do show an expanded area forward on deck 14 that is not really just a part of the Solarium.

This area shows an outdoor area belonging to the Adventure Ocean Youth Program. They show the area being separated into 3 outdoor zones, one for the Aquanauts (3-5), Explorers (6-8) and Voyagers (9-11). It would seem that parents could look down upon their children at play from the Solarium above.

While Sabor is listed as $$ for moderate priced specialty venues under dining options, in the general overview for dining they state :

First-Rate Dining

•Complimentary meals in American Icon Grill, The Grand and Sabor Modern Mexican restuarant

•10 additional complimentary dining options, including Park Café and Windjammer Marketplace.

•Five-star dining at Chops Grille steakhouse, Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, and Izumi Hibachi & Sushi †

•Starbucks® store at sea†

† Fee may apply

Sabor is also shown on the ship diagram feature to be much more like the venue on Navigator and Freedom and not like the one on Oasis, that was a very casual venue.

The Café Promenade is not yet shown on the deck plan and it is not included on the list of dining venues on the page in the booking window ship description. It is included on the dining venue list. They also include Wipe-out café on that list, while they show only Mini Bites on the deck plan. I wonder if they could be adding a new complementary concept at the location of the Café Promenade.

It is also interesting to note that the Vitality Café has access to an exterior wall on deck 6 and I am not sure if they could even have outdoor access here or not.

Another area I would watch for 'surprises' might be around the Focus photo area on deck 6. They had stated previously that they were going to reduce the 'footprint' of these areas on all ships in the fleet, similar to what they have done on Quantum Class.

They could put iFly in place of mini golf. I like that idea. The Q Class ships didn't have mini golf to begin with, so it could make sense.

They could space wise. However, as a regular deck 17 aft cruiser I think the constant fan noise might be a common complaint from the neighbours. Either that, or it could be perfect "white noise" to fall asleep to on the balcony.

It will be interesting to see what they do introduce to keep the hype up on this ship. I would like to see the Ifly skydiving simulator personally as I have never tried that and would like to. I think my wife would love to take some amazing pictures from the other quantum class marvel addition as well if it is on this ship ;). We are both pretty excited about our cruise that is so far away and my wife is now showing me pictures of its construction as it progresses.

It would be sort of sad to see the mini golf not on this ship if it ends up being true. I am sure royal has done some research to see what people use and don't use though. Maybe the real estate it occupies is more valuable served by another use. I guess we will wait and see:).

The hype around this ship will focus on the waterslide.....the newest thing for Royal to add. Mini golf was never a big hyped item....we did it once in all of our cruises when we sailed on Allure....will I miss it, no way.

The hype around this ship will focus on the waterslide.....the newest thing for Royal to add. Mini golf was never a big hyped item....we did it once in all of our cruises when we sailed on Allure....will I miss it, no way.

What is interesting is that on the ship 'cut-out' diagram of the ship, where you can click and enlarge ship features on the website when booking a sailing, they do not even show the water slides as a feature, but they do have Harmony Dunes featured.

This is located the 'About the ship' tab on the booking window when they show the itinerary, they show the tabs 'Where You'll Go', 'Accomodations', 'About the ship' and 'shore excursions'.

I am not sure if the link works, if you are not in a booking.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/5NightWesternMediterraneanCruise-HM05M060/about-ship?currencyCode=USD&sAccessibility=false&singleSailingMode=false

What is interesting is that on the ship 'cut-out' diagram of the ship, where you can click and enlarge ship features on the website when booking a sailing, they do not even show the water slides as a feature, but they do have Harmony Dunes featured.

This is located the 'About the ship' tab on the booking window when they show the itinerary, they show the tabs 'Where You'll Go', 'Accomodations', 'About the ship' and 'shore excursions'.

I am not sure if the link works, if you are not in a booking.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/5NightWesternMediterraneanCruise-HM05M060/about-ship?currencyCode=USD&sAccessibility=false&singleSailingMode=false

Thanks for this link! It seems that they will indeed have the mini golf, since it is specifically listed with the activities. I really hope so :) I am a big mini golf fan. It is my favorite thing to do while others explore the ports.

When you book a Harmony sailing you have access to the 'About the ship' section of the booking page.

This area shows an outdoor area belonging to the Adventure Ocean Youth Program. They show the area being separated into 3 outdoor zones, one for the Aquanauts (3-5), Explorers (6-8) and Voyagers (9-11). It would seem that parents could look down upon their children at play from the Solarium above.

It looks like this will take the place of the Sun deck...

It looks like this will take the place of the Sun deck...

That area on Oasis/Allure is often referred to as one of the secret areas. It is accessed by the port side door and is great for sail away and such. It was not really kept as an active sun deck though and was just an open area.

That was sure a great spot to be for the Oasis arrival at Southampton last October and it will be missed as a 'public' area, but surely enjoyed by the Adventure Ocean activities.

Edited by MADflyer

While Harmony Dunes mini-golf is featured, they do show an expanded area forward on deck 14 that is not really just a part of the Solarium.

While Sabor is listed as $$ for moderate priced specialty venues under dining options, in the general overview for dining they state :

First-Rate Dining

•Complimentary meals in American Icon Grill, The Grand and Sabor Modern Mexican restuarant

•10 additional complimentary dining options, including Park Café and Windjammer Marketplace.

•Five-star dining at Chops Grille steakhouse, Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, and Izumi Hibachi & Sushi †

•Starbucks® store at sea†

† Fee may apply

Sabor is also shown on the ship diagram feature to be much more like the venue on Navigator and Freedom and not like the one on Oasis, that was a very casual venue.

The Café Promenade is not yet shown on the deck plan and it is not included on the list of dining venues on the page in the booking window ship description. It is included on the dining venue list. They also include Wipe-out café on that list, while they show only Mini Bites on the deck plan. I wonder if they could be adding a new complementary concept at the location of the Café Promenade.

It is also interesting to note that the Vitality Café has access to an exterior wall on deck 6 and I am not sure if they could even have outdoor access here or not.

Another area I would watch for 'surprises' might be around the Focus photo area on deck 6. They had stated previously that they were going to reduce the 'footprint' of these areas on all ships in the fleet, similar to what they have done on Quantum Class.

I understand what you are talking about, but that same area that appears to be divided up into 3 sections is also shown on the interactive ship cut-outs for the Oasis and Allure.

That area on Oasis/Allure is often referred to as one of the secret areas. It is accessed by the port side door and is great for sail away and such. It was not really kept as an active sun deck though and was just an open area.

That was sure a great spot to be for the Oasis arrival at Southampton last October and it will be missed as a 'public' area, but surely enjoyed by the Adventure Ocean activities.

Yes, it was very quiet on Oasis a couple of weeks ago. They did have a lot of loungers there and still called it the Sun deck, but I think it is wise to use the space for more Adventure Ocean activities:

DSCN1835_zpsdu18z6ko.jpeg

I understand what you are talking about, but that same area that appears to be divided up into 3 sections is also shown on the interactive ship cut-outs for the Oasis and Allure.

Well, they do have it on the Harmony deck plan as Solarium now, while it was unnamed on the Oasis/Allure deck plans.

They could be planning to do 'Harmony' upgrades to Allure and Oasis when they add the waterslides.

It will be interesting if Sabor fills the role of Devinly Decadence as a complementary venue when they introduce Dynamic Dining to all three Oasis Class ships.

Yes, it was very quiet on Oasis a couple of weeks ago. They did have a lot of loungers there and still called it the Sun deck, ]

Yes, I had always noticed the loungers stacked there, but just never saw the area 'used' as a sun deck. As I learned of that area first as one of the Oasis 'secret' areas, I think that just stuck for me.

As noted, it has always been left unnamed on Oasis/Allure deck plans, while on Harmony they have now named it as part of the Solarium without showing any stairways on the deck plans.

Edited by MADflyer

This is what I also read in the Harmony of the Seas - Oasis Class Facebook group,where it was mentioned that this is a interactive rendering of the Oasis that showed up before she was built. As mentioned, it was created by Beaudaniels-illustration.com

http://www.beaudaniels-illustration.com/technical-drawing-site-2/royal-caribbean.html

It shows up here as well:

4137899009_a98bf3a3a6_o.jpg

Even this ship model has the original concept:

LibertyOfTheSeasCruisercclAndBen-36.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

This is what I also read in the Harmony of the Seas - Oasis Class Facebook group,where it was mentioned that this is a interactive rendering of the Oasis that showed up before she was built. As mentioned, it was created by Beaudaniels-illustration.com

]

That is too funny. I can understand using it before a ship even exists, but to just keep using a rendering that shows incorrect information to introduce a new ship 6 years later is a little amateurish in this digital age.

Captain Johnny has recently posted on Twitter that "Harmony of the Seas will be his new home." :D

Captain Johnnie being on board could be reason enough for me to consider the Harmony. He was on the Mariner when it was new, and was better entertainment then the paid entertainers. What a real, down to earth person.

Not just that! He took all 5 Voyager class ships into service. He has been on the Allure but as noted will be taking the helm of the Harmony! We had him on the Mariner years ago and the Allure last month. He is a blast!

I've never had the pleasure of sailing with Captain Johnny but I've read enough posts to know he is a favorite here on CC. Unfortunately, the captains I've sailed with just weren't that memorable. (Which, in hindsight, could be a very good thing. :eek:;):D)

I'm wondering what the chances are that he will be the captain during either one of my booked Harmony cruises. I'll be doing the short 3-night sailing on 11/5/16 when Harmony first arrives in FLL from her TA and then a 7-night Eastern Caribbean on 3/4/17.

If he takes Harmony into service for her Med cruises, do you think he will be at the helm for her first Florida sailing? If not, then I guess I'll just have to hope that my March sailing isn't during his off time.

~ Judy