Everything about Harmony of the Seas

We have 12329 Boardwalk balcony on our B2B in January 2017. It's the last cabin towards the aft. We figure with everything else back there it will only add to the things to see while cruising. I'm hoping it will make it better???

Has anyone tried to overlay the slide looking from a boardwalk cabin towards the aqua theatre?? Maybe using a picture from Oasis/Allure??

I have this room on her very first sailing. I have wondered about changing but have decided to risk it. I will be sure to post photos of whether the pink plastic piping obstructs the view!:eek:

I have this room on her very first sailing. I have wondered about changing but have decided to risk it. I will be sure to post photos of whether the pink plastic piping obstructs the view!:eek:

I guess it depends on what view you want. I think the slides will only add another thing to look at. That's what I like about Boardwalk balconies. There is so much to see. You'll be able to watch people coming out of the slides. You probably won't have as good a view of the Aqua Theater, especially those balconies farther forward. Other than that, I don't see what the big obstruction is. There isn't much of an ocean view without the slides.

Another rendering off possible view of Abyss from down the Boardwalk posted in Harmony group soon after the reveal...

a5ec65a83b4a9e95bbd30c86ee8e01c4.jpg

There's a coupe of rough turns in that rendering! [emoji3]

But there was a fabulous view of the Aquatheatre shows....

I personally think that the pink tube will ruin this view. I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I happen to agree with you 100%...enough to completely avoid booking Harmony if the final version is as illustrated. The wonderful ocean view from the AquaTheater forward or Boardwalk back are destroyed with these plastic slides.

I happen to agree with you 100%...enough to completely avoid booking Harmony if the final version is as illustrated. The wonderful ocean view from the AquaTheater forward or Boardwalk back are destroyed with these plastic slides.

When we sail on Harmony in February 2017 we have the last balcony cabin that is overlooking the Boardwalk, so we can see the AquaTheater and have a view with some of the ocean. The slides I doubt if will block so much of the view that it will be disappointing to have this cabin. JMO -- time will tell.

There's a coupe of rough turns in that rendering! [emoji3]

LOL. Hope that nobody gets stuck at these turns.

And of course changes will take place up on deck 16 behind the Wipe Out Bar ...

Here is the area up on deck 16 of Harmony of the Seas where the Ultimate Abyss dry slide launch area will be located.

Waiting for work to start.

687992e2eda49fa58ed9f8ff0ac62a27.jpg

A rendering of sorts of the launch area from my nephew, using a photo from Oasis of the Seas ...

b63817b3044419e23055440495a6135b.jpg

And looking down from the launch area will look something like this...

586a5aa2d0144e9cfa0231072823b533.jpg

When we sail on Harmony in February 2017 we have the last balcony cabin that is overlooking the Boardwalk, so we can see the AquaTheater and have a view with some of the ocean. The slides I doubt if will block so much of the view that it will be disappointing to have this cabin. JMO -- time will tell.

Hope you don't have the obstructed views shown in the illustrations so far.

It would be a shame to have one expectation and then get an entirely different experience. Blocking the rock climbing wall view is one thing...obstructing the Boardwalk view is another.

Having followed the progress of Harmony since its announcement...this was the only real concern about the "new ship's design and features". I suspect most folks will get answers once the construction on the Abyss progresses over the next month or so.

While on other ships there are also various slides...blocking the historically-wonderful Boardwalk-and-back view on the flagship design of the Oasis class ships could come back to haunt RCI as a deterrent in the future.

Time will tell.

It would be a shame to have one expectation and then get an entirely different experience. Blocking the rock climbing wall view is one thing...obstructing the Boardwalk view is another.

Having followed the progress of Harmony since its announcement...this was the only real concern about the "new ship's design and features". I suspect most folks will get answers once the construction on the Abyss progresses over the next month or so.

While on other ships there are also various slides...blocking the historically-wonderful Boardwalk-and-back view on the flagship design of the Oasis class ships could come back to haunt RCI as a deterrent in the future.

Time will tell.

Little extreme? Sure, some people that love the BW cabins might be disappointed, but tons of people could care less, many people would rather have the slides, and many people will be first timers with no experience of the other ships.

Little extreme? Sure, some people that love the BW cabins might be disappointed, but tons of people could care less, many people would rather have the slides, and many people will be first timers with no experience of the other ships.

And some will like having another activity to watch. Boardwalk balconies are not for everyone anyway. A lot of people want an oceanview and don't like the fact that others can watch them from balconies on the other side of Boardwalk. Oasis class has a lot of different categories to appeal to everyone. It sure would not stop be from booking Harmony.

Time will tell.

I highly doubt that my entire view will be 'obstructed' from my cabin. I am sure I will have plenty to see and enjoy.....that is my optimist attitude at work here.

I just don't understand this viewpoint.

The Aquatheatre views won't really be obstructed so the only real concern is the boardwalk balcony views. I don't book a boardwalk balcony for ocean views. The ocean views aren't even good from there and you are better off in an interior cabin with a window to be quite honest. The board walk views are the sights and sounds of the onboard activities. If your primary concern is to see the ocean, then I would suggest that an oceanview balcony is what you should be purchasing.

I highly doubt that my entire view will be 'obstructed' from my cabin. I am sure I will have plenty to see and enjoy.....that is my optimist attitude at work here.

Time will tell if the Abyss slide is another gimmick or actually attracts new cruisers. Money talks...... A few things to watch

1) Reviews - Is it a good design?, Too hot? Does it create traffic jams/lines?, Hours of operation? ...etc

2) B1 and B2 prices on Harmony -

3) Abyss slide is on Oasis 4 ??

4) add to Oasis/Allure during dry dock??

Let me give you our perspective, and that is just what it is, ours.

On our Allure cruise we booked a cabin overlooking Central Park. We did that because we wanted a different cabin experience that we previously had. We have had balcony cabins on other ships looking out over the ocean, and enjoyed sitting on the balcony at various times, early in the morning or before dinner enjoying a drink or upon returning to the cabin late at night. I never used it as a place to sunbathe, I would rather be on the pool deck for that and a quick dip in the pool to cool off. We enjoyed our cabin on Allure and used it in the very same ways. It was nice, but we realized we missed seeing the ocean from our cabin -- not that we stared out at the ocean, but at least we knew we were ON the ocean. It is the same reason, I will never book an interior cabin, no chance to see the ocean by just peering out the window. On short weekend getaways, we have taken an outside cabin that was not a balcony.

So when we decided on a Harmony cruise, which we were booking because I want to go on the waterslides, we decided to take a cabin at the end of the deck closest to the AquaTheater. We should be able to enjoy the aqua show from there, and that will be interesting as well, while it will give me the ability to see some ocean and remind me that I am ON a cruise, not just in a nice hotel in a large city somewhere.

I just don't understand this viewpoint.

The Aquatheatre views won't really be obstructed so the only real concern is the boardwalk balcony views. I don't book a boardwalk balcony for ocean views. The ocean views aren't even good from there and you are better off in an interior cabin with a window to be quite honest. The board walk views are the sights and sounds of the onboard activities. If your primary concern is to see the ocean, then I would suggest that an oceanview balcony is what you should be purchasing.

If anyone looks at the illustrations...it seems quite evident that there will be ugly plastic slide tubes smack dab in the midst of the Boardwalk back view.

Seems quite easy to visualize. Yuck.

We DO book Ocean-view balconies for the most part - this would seem to reduce/eliminate the Boardwalk balconies as any option to consider by some portion of the cruising population.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

But there was a fabulous view of the Aquatheatre shows....2544ba22cb7ea2b96e09ed08e02cb39b.jpg

I personally think that the pink tube will ruin this view. I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

If anyone looks at the illustrations...it seems quite evident that there will be ugly plastic slide tubes smack dab in the midst of the Boardwalk back view.

Seems quite easy to visualize. Yuck.

We DO book Ocean-view balconies for the most part - this would seem to reduce/eliminate the Boardwalk balconies as any option to consider by some portion of the cruising population.

Adding a couple of slides to a view that us already blocked by all the superstructure from the Aquatheatre really won't impact the view too much. Yes it may be significant enough that it makes a difference to a small % of people but certainly not to the point that Royal will regret their decision.