Everything about Harmony of the Seas

Does anyone know if Harmony will have steam/sauna facilities similar to Oasis/Allure (not complimentary) or other ship classes (complimentary)?

Guessing it'll be the same fee arrangement as is present on Oasis/Allure currently but hoping otherwise.

Does anyone know if Harmony will have steam/sauna facilities similar to Oasis/Allure (not complimentary) or other ship classes (complimentary)?

Guessing it'll be the same fee arrangement as is present on Oasis/Allure currently but hoping otherwise.

That info has not been publicly announced by Royal, but I would expect it to be the same as the other Oasis class ships.

Exactly. Royal hasn't been in the habit lately of giving things for free if they can charge for them.

It has been several years since Oasis hit the seas and this started on this class of ships. As things evolve and perks in the C&A change, MAYBE, just MAYBE Royal would consider giving of their loyalists a new benefit. For example: Diamonds - 1 day free access to the Spa; D+ - 2 days free access to the Spa; Pinnacles -- the entire cruise free access to the Spa.

A marketing strategy is that if you give something away and the person likes it perhaps the next time, they will buy it. It also adds a little extra perk to the loyalists, while there has been a perception (with some) of declining value to being loyal to the brand.

It has been several years since Oasis hit the seas and this started on this class of ships. As things evolve and perks in the C&A change, MAYBE, just MAYBE Royal would consider giving of their loyalists a new benefit. For example: Diamonds - 1 day free access to the Spa; D+ - 2 days free access to the Spa; Pinnacles -- the entire cruise free access to the Spa.

A marketing strategy is that if you give something away and the person likes it perhaps the next time, they will buy it. It also adds a little extra perk to the loyalists, while there has been a perception (with some) of declining value to being loyal to the brand.

Good idea, I know my wife would enjoy that perk. The fee based sauna is one of the downsides to us cruising Oasis class again.

Good idea, I know my wife would enjoy that perk. The fee based sauna is one of the downsides to us cruising Oasis class again.

Glad you liked it. I have worked in Marketing and Sales way too long. I just sent the idea up to Vicki Freed, VP of Sales and Marketing.

Edited by Paulette3028

Isn't the spa just space rented out by cruise lines to 3rd parties?

If so, a free day as a perk would cost the line money, not very likely to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the spa just space rented out by cruise lines to 3rd parties?

If so, a free day as a perk would cost the line money, not very likely to happen.

Certainly the massage areas are used by 3rd party contractors, but on other ships the massage areas have been separate from the steam rooms and saunas near the fitness center.

Yea, but then there will be complaints of overcrowding in the spa, and the inevitable thread about kicking Diamonds out. :eek:

If they do it like on Celebrity, it will be limited to port days.

That would be just fine. Many times we aren't off a ship in port for more than a few hours, so it would work for me. I don't expect them to make it an 'at sea' day nor do I expect them to include a massage for free....although that would not be a bad perk to include once you have reached above D+ or perhaps at the 250 nights on board level....it is a long way from D+ to Pinnacle and putting little bread crumbs down along the way, make the ride go a little quicker and with things to look forward to along the way.

Yea, but then there will be complaints of overcrowding in the spa, and the inevitable thread about kicking Diamonds out. :eek:

RCI...loves to give-n-take...so they just might add something, knowing it won't last long :(

Exactly. Royal hasn't been in the habit lately of giving things for free if they can charge for them.

Usually correct and that's why I was surprised to learn about some new perks for the Boardwalk Balcony cabins on my upcoming HOTS cruise.

Usually correct and that's why I was surprised to learn about some new perks for the Boardwalk Balcony cabins on my upcoming HOTS cruise.

Your right. I forgot about those added perks. Our next 2 cruises after this one on Allure are in Boardwalk balconies. Glad I booked them early before they raised the price of those cabins to include those new perks.:);)

What new perks? We love the Boardwalk balconies.

I believe they are:

lunch or dinner for 4 JR's

soda package for 2

private session for rock climbing wall.

For sailings on or after November 2016.

Your right. I forgot about those added perks. Our next 2 cruises after this one on Allure are in Boardwalk balconies. Glad I booked them early before they raised the price of those cabins to include those new perks.:);)

I booked the four aft cabins on deck #9 of HOTS for May 2017 for our extended family including 2 toddler grandchildren. We usually sail in the JS's but since it's all of us I thought these cabins would be fun. I booked when the HOTS first came available (June 2015).....and got an AMAZING price...it has since gone up up up...No one in the family knows yet..it's a surprise !!!

I believe they are:

lunch or dinner for 4 JR's

soda package for 2

private session for rock climbing wall.

For sailings on or after November 2016.

Can anyone confirm that these benefits will be included if you booked prior to announcement of the "New Perks" offer, or is this only for new bookings?

Thanks

Can anyone confirm that these benefits will be included if you booked prior to announcement of the "New Perks" offer, or is this only for new bookings?

Thanks

As I posted these are for sailings November 2016 and after...regardless of when you booked.

• 2 weeks later...