Everything about Harmony of the Seas

1) It is being implimented whether it is welcomed by cruisers in general or not.

2) It will be received (liked/not liked) differently by different passengers.

3) Based on it's location on Oasis class ships, it will somehow affect the overall cruising experience of nearly all passengers.

You can be sure that Royal Caribbean has tested this before deciding to proceed, and must have received positive feedback from its target market. I would hazard a guess that all companies do consumer testing before launching new products.

We are on Harmony in August, in an ocean view balcony though. I'm keeping an open mind. Of course I have a 12 year old who went nuts when I showed him the images. Personally, I could take it or leave it, and I don't know whether I would book a Boardwalk room or not. I chose ocean view before this was announced, and I'm glad I did. But I wouldn't have picked a Boardwalk just to see the Aqua show anyway. But that's just me! That's what makes the world a wild and interesting place, we all view things differently.:)

We actually got a great deal! Booked at the right time, then the new Royal Suite Class was added, so we get the added perks before the prices went up.

Diddo... same here...we are in an A2 Aqua suite 2 bedroom deck 9 and per person $1333 taxes &fees included... gratuities included because it's in "star class" so we lucked out as well.... ultimate beverage package alone (that comes with star class)is just a little less than $500 per person and then top that with any specialty restaurant anytime, Internet for everyone etc...... we hit the jackpot.... however if we booked now, would be way out of range for us...... we may never get in a suite again, so we plan to enjoy the butler and all the amenities :)

Diddo... same here...we are in an A2 Aqua suite 2 bedroom deck 9 and per person $1333 taxes &fees included... gratuities included because it's in "star class" so we lucked out as well.... ultimate beverage package alone (that comes with star class)is just a little less than $500 per person and then top that with any specialty restaurant anytime, Internet for everyone etc...... we hit the jackpot.... however if we booked now, would be way out of range for us...... we may never get in a suite again, so we plan to enjoy the butler and all the amenities :)

How many people sharing? I don't think I could ever cruise with a large group. :eek: in the same cabin.

Edited by John&LaLa

Just curious how far in advance you booked to get that kind of deal? I've booked my last two cruises 1 1/2 years in advance and never found any deal like that.

We're not in a suite, but a D2 on the hump, and we're paying only a teeny bit over $2,000, which is much less than what we paid on the Oasis two years ago. Booked during the 30/30/30 sale and the prices have skyrocketed since (same cabin is over $1,200 more overall now). There were some really good deals when that sale started.

Edited by shutterbug63

We're not in a suite, but a D2 on the hump, and we're paying only a teeny bit over $2,000, which is much less than what we paid on the Oasis two years ago. Booked during the 30/30/30 sale and the prices have skyrocketed since (same cabin is over $1,200 more overall now). There were some really good deals when that sale started.

I also booked during the beginning of the 30/30/30. Then the end of June, I got the additional OBC added.

Just curious how far in advance you booked to get that kind of deal? I've booked my last two cruises 1 1/2 years in advance and never found any deal like that.

When RC opened the booking for Harmony last May the prices were lower than any other comparable cruise. Great deals on a new ship are uncommon. The prices went up quickly.

The cruise shoppers are awaiting RC to open booking for 2017/8. This should be coming soon - Stay tuned

When RC opened the booking for Harmony last May the prices were lower than any other comparable cruise. Great deals on a new ship are uncommon. The prices went up quickly.

The cruise shoppers are awaiting RC to open booking for 2017/8. This should be coming soon - Stay tuned

We got a terrific price on our Harmony booking for 2017, when we booked on June 1, 2015 -- prices for our balcony cabin have only gone up.

We are waiting for the new deployment schedule to come out, so we can try to book some things on the Empress. Best prices will probably be on the day they open.

How many people sharing? I don't think I could ever cruise with a large group. :eek: in the same cabin.

There are 8 of us... which i can handle being my kids/boyfriend/girlfriend...most likely not ever be in the same space for long and i consider the deck apart of our living which is where ill be.

There are 8 of us... which i can handle being my kids/boyfriend/girlfriend...most likely not ever be in the same space for long and i consider the deck apart of our living which is where ill be.

A few times we have traveled with a group of friends -- 3 or 4 couples. If we had been able to book a large suite where each couple had its own bathroom, I doubt if we would have minded. We have stayed in each other homes on vacation or for other needs and it has worked out just fine.

We just never thought of even trying to book it that way. I imagine one person would have to pay for it and get reimbursed by the others, which could be a snag, since many of us use different credit cards with different reward benefits. Each cruiser would be earning their own Crown and Anchor points anyway, so that would not be an issue.

A few times we have traveled with a group of friends -- 3 or 4 couples. If we had been able to book a large suite where each couple had its own bathroom, I doubt if we would have minded. We have stayed in each other homes on vacation or for other needs and it has worked out just fine.

We just never thought of even trying to book it that way. I imagine one person would have to pay for it and get reimbursed by the others, which could be a snag, since many of us use different credit cards with different reward benefits. Each cruiser would be earning their own Crown and Anchor points anyway, so that would not be an issue.

Im not to worried about the bathroom issue for us.... adult kids (guys)could always shower at the spa if fime was tight on formal nights or something (i think?) But i think we can mKe it all work.

We have worked it out from beginning between each of us to pay me and then i pay royal 1 payment, however paymentz can be made individually by people on whatever card they would like.

For us all the way around is a good deal but can see maybe if its inlaws or other adult couples or singles with kids etch can be difficult even with sleeping arrangement.... we are super excited.

We got an A1 for a slightly higher price per person and can't wait to enjoy all of the Star Class amenities! We booked at the right time for the right price and all those perks just add value to our vacation at no extra cost. Can't wait!!!

We booked late May also. 2263pp GS for the 13 day transatlantic. The prices have gone through the roof. Last week a GS for our sailing showed up as available, and it was over 12k for 2 people! JS was around 10k.

And I just did a quick check, all suites are gone again. :eek:

We booked late May also. 2263pp GS for the 13 day transatlantic. The prices have gone through the roof. Last week a GS for our sailing showed up as available, and it was over 12k for 2 people! JS was around 10k.

And I just did a quick check, all suites are gone again. :eek:

$2263pp for the Harmony TA? Is that a typo? Please share more details if it isn't. You're correct. The prices have gone thru the roof for the TA.

I saw where a GS was going for $3218pp (listed fare price w/out any discounts and not including the taxes or prepaid tips) in early June and I thought that was an outstanding price.

Thx, atgood

Edited by atgood

When are you sailing? Have you been in a suite before?

We are doing the 11/12 out of Fort Lauderdale. I've never been in a suite and I've only ever been on a small ship that did a 23 hour turnaround from Portland, ME to Nova Scotia and back.

We are doing the 11/12 out of Fort Lauderdale. I've never been in a suite and I've only ever been on a small ship that did a 23 hour turnaround from Portland, ME to Nova Scotia and back.

... Well I would love to talk more with you when you go on cruise to get the ins and outs :)! So, are you on deck 8 then? How many are in your party?

... Well I would love to talk more with you when you go on cruise to get the ins and outs :)! So, are you on deck 8 then? How many are in your party?

We have 8 in our cabin, but are traveling with a group of family members that will be in at least 3 cabins. I will absolutely share info after the cruise. I'm anxiously awaiting reviews from folks who will be traveling after the new Suite Class perks are implemented.

• 4 weeks later...