Everything about Harmony of the Seas

Our Harmony reservation is also for 2/18/17!

Not sure who will be on the cruise (DH, DM, DMIL or some combination thereof), but I went with Dynamic Dining, since even my MIL prefers the MTD approach on her cruises (mostly on HAL).

Once we figure out who's going, we can start thinking about what restaurants we want to be sure to go to and when, so we can get reservations for those "must do" places. Otherwise, we're OK with being flexible not just about time, but about where we eat most of the time. We will likely just end up eating most nights at whatever venue has the shortest wait at the time we're ready to eat.

Interesting - which U.S. Travel agent did you use and what is involved in doing this? What about currency conversion charges? Any info appreciated!

The company I have used were recommended from another cruiser who has used them many times before. They have a freephone number for us in the UK so I phoned up for prices and the guy emailed all info to me. I then called him back the next day to book. It's all in dollars so be careful as most cards charge a non sterling transaction fee (there is a Halifax card that doesn't). Google 'cruise vacation' [emoji39]

Dynamic Dining Classic:

Traditional main dining style, early 6:00pm or late 8:30pm, experience a preset lineup of complimentary main restaurants. Same dining time and restaurants each night. Same staff and dining companions

Dynamic Dining Choice:

Freedom to pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Menu changes throughout the cruise.

Edited by tsconley19

That was my original thought as well, but after looking at the deck plans, it appears that there could be some sort of secret balcony... Just speculation, but maybe Royal actually does want to make its customers happy?! :p

I highlighted the area that I am referring to in black. This is deck 8.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-23%20at%205.48.29%20PM_zpspklyf8me.png

Others have said the highlighted area is the rock climbing wall, but that is untrue. The rock climbing wall is mounted on the outside of a 4 foot deep metal structure OUTSIDE of what is highlighted. The highlighted area is actually interior space on the ship and comprises an emergency stairwell and storage locker.

Others have said the highlighted area is the rock climbing wall, but that is untrue. The rock climbing wall is mounted on the outside of a 4 foot deep metal structure OUTSIDE of what is highlighted. The highlighted area is actually interior space on the ship and comprises an emergency stairwell and storage locker.

This makes more sense...too much inside area space showing for it to be the rock climbing wall.

Thanks...I'm the OP about this question...hopefully when the first group sails on her they'll have a definitive answer.

Excited for this board. We just booked the Presidential Family Suite for 1/17/17 for my 50th birthday. :cool: Called to check on it this weekend and with the sale and discount it was actually cheaper than 8 rooms.

Excited for this board. We just booked the Presidential Family Suite for 1/17/17 for my 50th birthday. :cool: Called to check on it this weekend and with the sale and discount it was actually cheaper than 8 rooms.

That's awesome about the Presidential suite. I went to book it when sailings were first available to book but I was told that it would not be on the ship and they couldn't book it for me, even though they provided me a quote. I called last week after I was told by my colleague at work sailing the week after me that she booked it!??? Royal agents said that it "would definitely be on there". I have the RFS so I'm nervous to switch for the Presidential since they took it off of Oasis and Allure, and based on what I was initially told. Decisions :(

We are cruising on Harmony on the 2/18/17 sailing....is that part of your B2B by any chance? We chose the early dinner seating, because we much prefer that time...if they choose which restaurant we eat in each night that is just fine for me....less to think about...except for the night we decide to do Izumi.

I wonder if we have to let them know we are not showing up for dinner on the evening we choose to go to Izumi? We usually decide depending upon the show schedule which night it will be.

Unfortunately no, We'll be on the Feb 4 & Feb 11 sailings in 2017. Royal had that 30 for 30 promotion and the Harmony prices were just too good to pass up. My wife was on an Alaska cruise with some retired friends when the sale started so she was able to book both legs while onboard. So, a bit of onboard credit as well.

Tim

Dynamic Dining Classic:

Traditional main dining style, early 6:00pm or late 8:30pm, experience a preset lineup of complimentary main restaurants. Same dining time and restaurants each night. Same staff and dining companions

Dynamic Dining Choice:

Freedom to pick and choose your restaurants and dining times each day and night. Menu changes throughout the cruise.

So what is the difference between My Time and Dynamic dining?

With MTD, you are in the same dining room throughout the cruise with a menu that changes nightly. With Dynamic Dining, you can rotate through several dining rooms that have two menus each that change mid-cruise.

My Time you pick the time you want to eat in the Main Dining Room. Different menu each night.

Dynamic you pick the time and restaurant. Each restaurant has one or two menus per cruise.

The ships that have Dynamic Dining will give you the choice of Classic or Choice.

There will be 3 or 4 restaurants to choose from. Classic diners will rotate dining rooms each night, and the menu changes mid cruise. Classic diners choose 6:00 or 8:30pm.

Choice diners will choose a dining room for each night, and what time they want to eat. You can choose the same restaurant each night if you like.

There was a lot of discontent towards Dynamic Dining when it was first introduced. I for one like the concept. We always used MTD

Tom

Edited by tsconley19

Ok. That's interesting information but the point was that views to the outside are blocked by the rock climbing wall. The question came about because people thought that those areas could be a new secret balcony. For a few reasons they obviously could not be.

Being a solo cruiser I was thrilled to see Harmony has studio cabins. I am not sure yet about the noise level since they are in deck 4 and below the running track. But, I went ahead and booked two sailings to grab these rare cabins while they were available.

Not just that! He took all 5 Voyager class ships into service. He has been on the Allure but as noted will be taking the helm of the Harmony! We had him on the Mariner years ago and the Allure last month. He is a blast!

Captain Johnnie being on board could be reason enough for me to consider the Harmony. He was on the Mariner when it was new, and was better entertainment then the paid entertainers. What a real, down to earth person.

Just take a look at the deck plans, mini golf is still there and is called Harmony Dunes.

I just wanted to put this out there...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/coolest-new-2016-cruises/#.VYhunlog5hA.twitter

According to this link, which was shared on Twitter by Royal PR, "Harmony of the Seas debuts Spring 2016 with plenty of reasons to get excited – like all the perks that make Oasis class the world’s favorite cruise ships, plus the newest experiences of Quantum class, PLUS a few surprises we can’t tell you about just yet. You can be among the first to experience Harmony of the Seas’ seven neighborhoods and three towering waterslides on her debut sailings to the Western Mediterranean, all through the summer."

Hmm, what could this be referring to? Is there any spaces left on the deck plans where they could be adding some sort of surprise? This article was published on June 18, 2015 by the way, so very current.

This is where the question about the mini golf comes in... I just got off Oasis and a staff member (not just a regular crew member) who will be on Harmony to work on the 'finishing touch' said they will not have mini golf on Harmony, but he could not tell us what will be in its place. I REALLY hope they have mini golf and this was just a rumor, but I would consider him a reliable source. Only time will tell... :) It will not be the first time Royal changes deck plans after the fact. They sure like their 'surprises'.

Edited by APDMOM
clarify

This is where the question about the mini golf comes in... I just got off Oasis and a staff member (not just a regular crew member) who will be on Harmony to work on the 'finishing touch' said they will not have mini golf on Harmony, but he could not tell us what will be in its place. I REALLY hope they have mini golf and this was just a rumor, but I would consider him a reliable source. Only time will tell... :) It will not be the first time Royal changes deck plans after the fact. They sure like their 'surprises'.

It will be interesting to see what they do introduce to keep the hype up on this ship. I would like to see the Ifly skydiving simulator personally as I have never tried that and would like to. I think my wife would love to take some amazing pictures from the other quantum class marvel addition as well if it is on this ship ;). We are both pretty excited about our cruise that is so far away and my wife is now showing me pictures of its construction as it progresses.

It would be sort of sad to see the mini golf not on this ship if it ends up being true. I am sure royal has done some research to see what people use and don't use though. Maybe the real estate it occupies is more valuable served by another use. I guess we will wait and see:).

It will be interesting to see what they do introduce to keep the hype up on this ship. I would like to see the Ifly skydiving simulator personally as I have never tried that and would like to. I think my wife would love to take some amazing pictures from the other quantum class marvel addition as well if it is on this ship ;). We are both pretty excited about our cruise that is so far away and my wife is now showing me pictures of its construction as it progresses.

It would be sort of sad to see the mini golf not on this ship if it ends up being true. I am sure royal has done some research to see what people use and don't use though. Maybe the real estate it occupies is more valuable served by another use. I guess we will wait and see:).

I'd love I fly too, but not at the expense of losing a flow rider.:eek: Our DS would miss the mini golf too, us not so much. ;) What about a barrel flowrider at the mini-golf location. That would be fun, and just a little dangerous. :D

Imagine if they put the North Star there, they could look right into the loft cabins. I guess it is no different than Boardwalk and Central Park cabins. I doubt that would happen due to weight/distrubition restrictions.

Edited by A&L_Ont