Men's Watches Sold On Board

Hello,

This is our first time on a RCI ship. We travel at the end of the month and am looking forward to the experience. I'm trying to find out what brands of men's watches are sold in the stores on board the ship. And how are the prices overall? My first Citizen Eco Drive was purchased at a great price on our first cruise in 2003....still working great to this day! I'd love to expand my collections......really like Citizen Eco Drive and Invicta brands.

Any help would be great!!

We are cruising on Freedom of the Seas.....thanks!

The Eco Drives are still being sold. I bought one a year and a half ago and got a better deal than any on line site. Most of the brands on board can be found at a better price either in stores or on line so I would suggest checking prices on line before purchasing.

Hello,

This is our first time on a RCI ship. We travel at the end of the month and am looking forward to the experience. I'm trying to find out what brands of men's watches are sold in the stores on board the ship. And how are the prices overall? My first Citizen Eco Drive was purchased at a great price on our first cruise in 2003....still working great to this day! I'd love to expand my collections......really like Citizen Eco Drive and Invicta brands.

I have purchased Citizen Eco Drive and Tissot watches on board.The pricing was better than retail stores but not as good as some of the budget web sites. The online web sites did not have OBC:) to use toward the purchase so the ship was best for me.

I buy a Citizen Eco just about every cruise. They lowered their discount from 40% to 35% still a good deal since it comes with Citizen warranty.

The online sites that sell for less offer their own warranties not a Citizen therefore I will not buy from them. Citizen does not let certified U.S. Retailers seep for more than a 25% discount except for certain discontinued models or special sales.

There are also several great stores in St Thomas that will sell for 40% or better and offer the Citizen warranty.

Just got off Freedom a couple of weeks ago and as others have noted, Citizen Eco Drive, Invicta, and Tissot were all available, as well as Tag Heuer and some used Rolexes. I think I also recall seeing a Movado case, and a Lamborghini case.

Edited by bobmacliberty

Hello,

Invictas are very overpriced , don't go by the hype that they are 75-80% off . I paid 249 for an invicta and I saw the same watch on the table and I asked how much so after all the BS he said 429 , so I showed him my watch and told him how much I paid and he moved away from me real quick. Don't be fooled!!!

Invictas are very overpriced , don't go by the hype that they are 75-80% off . I paid 249 for an invicta and I saw the same watch on the table and I asked how much so after all the BS he said 429 , so I showed him my watch and told him how much I paid and he moved away from me real quick. Don't be fooled!!!

Yes, I'm a bit skeptical of brands that crate a fake price that nobody ever buys at.

Citizen prices are genuine however.

I brought Citizens on-board and around the islands you can get some great deals, also remember that if you buy a watch on-board check out the price ashore if a store has it cheaper ask for a card with price on it, say you want to think about it take that back on-board and the shops on-board will price match and refund the difference.

As others have said do some research before you go. Happy shopping:)

We were on Liberty last April. There were lots of Invicta and others but I also really like the Citizen Eco-Drive watches, so I was quite familliar with the aproximate pricing for most of the options. It is really hard to determine the value of certain aspects like finish and jewelry or gold content. But all Eco-drive watches have or don't have certain option and make them fall into certain price ranges. Example: Perpetual Calendar, Atomic time, Chronograph, Sapphire Crystal. I found the prices on the ship to be very close to what I could get on Amazon. However, on the ship you can hold the watch in your hand and Use OBC if you got it. So if you print off a few different category watches from amazon and bring with you, you might not see the exact same model on board but it will give you a good idea of what kind of deal your getting.

dp

Edited by dpostman

You will see Invicta on board.

But, if you can find it on SAY Amazon or else where, it will be substantially cheaper. I bought Rolex look alike from Sam's Club for $109, on board the exact same watch was $139 or $149.

KNOW YOUR PRICING

I brought Citizens on-board and around the islands you can get some great deals, also remember that if you buy a watch on-board check out the price ashore if a store has it cheaper ask for a card with price on it, say you want to think about it take that back on-board and the shops on-board will price match and refund the difference.

As others have said do some research before you go. Happy shopping:)

I got a much better deal on St. Maarten for my Citizen watch than the ship's price. There was no way I was going to go back and buy it on the ship. I don't play those games. Give me your best price and if I like it I'll buy. If not, then I wont' be back. Besides that, since the shops on the ship are closed until you leave port, when they do open they could always say there is something wrong with the way the quote you brought back is written and not honor the price. What do you do then, swim back to the island to buy?

There are plenty of legitimate and trustworthy shops on St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I have no issue making purchases on those islands.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I got a much better deal on St. Maarten for my Citizen watch than the ship's price. There was no way I was going to go back and buy it on the ship. I don't play those games. Give me your best price and if I like it I'll buy. If not, then I wont' be back. Besides that, since the shops on the ship are closed until you leave port, when they do open they could always say there is something wrong with the way the quote you brought back is written and not honor the price. What do you do then, swim back to the island to buy?

There are plenty of legitimate and trustworthy shops on St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I have no issue making purchases on those islands.

Agreed, or the model is the AEK instead of the AER, or some tiny detail.

You're taking a risk, and only for the shop's benefit. Fine if you're willing to risk it, but I prefer to deal with the one with the genuine price, not the one trying to take advantage of people unless you go to the trouble of researching and proving it to them.

The ship cannot really haggle on the prices for Citizen .. they are locked in at 35%.

There are several jewelry stores on the back street downtown St Thomas that have great deals. My favorite is Golden Star .. Have bought 6 or 8 Citizens there.

My big thing is getting a U.S. or international warranty from Citizen.

I buy a Citizen Eco just about every cruise. They lowered their discount from 40% to 35% still a good deal since it comes with Citizen warranty.

The online sites that sell for less offer their own warranties not a Citizen therefore I will not buy from them. Citizen does not let certified U.S. Retailers seep for more than a 25% discount except for certain discontinued models or special sales.

There are also several great stores in St Thomas that will sell for 40% or better and offer the Citizen warranty.

I also noticed that the 40% discount is gone for Citizens. But most ships will honor a price from of the islands. Eco drive ship prices have been better model to model, but I have found better prices on St. Thomas and they will also lower the price if you walk away.

Do your homework! Compare EXACT model prices. Many tall tales on Invicta discounts. Don't forget you are saving 5-10% sales tax. So even if the prices are exactly the same as Macy's, in CT you are still saving 6+%. Amazon charges sales tax in my state because they have a distribution center.

Someone mentioned if the ship won't honor the island's price you can't swim back. That is also true if the watch dies in a day! If you save $20 on the island you take a risk. Buy it on the ship early on the cruise, 2nd-3rd day, and you will have a few days to determine if it is working properly.

You will not find Bulova, Seiko, and high end Casio. At least I have not seen them.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Don't fall for the Invicta pricing scam. E.G.- normally $2000 on sale for $149. Invicta watches are junk.

Absolutely correct. I own and enjoy watches from a wide range of price points. From my Eco-Drive to my Rolex Yacht master and many in between. The ONLY watch purchase that I have ever regretted was an Invicta. Total garbage, never worked worth a damn and if you ever remove the back you will be appalled by the cheep movement.

I would have purchased a Citizen onboard last year but they didnt have the model with the band I wanted. I found one in Grand Cayman for about the same price with the legit warranty and everything.

My only advice would be to know the exact model you want, what it cost near you including tax etc, and from that you'll be able to know if you're getting a good deal or it "too good to be true" ya know?

Also, I found the onboard shopping seminars to be a giant waste of time. Just grab a port map and visit some of the highlighted places. Citizen only allows a certain percentage (35-40ish i think) off MSRP anyway so you'll know from that.

Good luck!

Edited by thegima

Don't fall for the Invicta pricing scam. E.G.- normally $2000 on sale for $149. Invicta watches are junk.

I got a good deal on a Invicta watch on Freedom in 2013 and it is still going strong...Good Watch.....I love it! There was one I liked however on my Enchantment cruise back in March of this year that the price I thought wasn't bad, but I couldn't locate that model no where on the internet before we left Port Canaveral to see if I was getting a good deal or not so after contemplating buying it the entire 3 day cruise I decided to leave it there because I just wasn't sure! :cool:

I got an $795 list price Invicta watch for $50 on our last cruise because it needed a battery. I was told the onboard store didn't or couldn't replace batteries in watches. I took a chance since I liked the watch's look and had lots of cruise line supplied OBC to use up.

When I got home I replaced the battery myself. The battery it took was a type 377 which is a very small battery commonly used in cheaper watches. Also the Invicta appears to have a cheap watch movement similar to that of the $10 Bijoux Terner watch I got onboard a few years back when my regular watch's battery died.

You can see in the shots below there is a lot of emptiness in those large Invicta watch cases.

It is still working fine but it is definitely not a quality watch but I still like its appearance.

attachment.php?attachmentid=354539&d=1435935070

attachment.php?attachmentid=354540&d=1435935070

CIMG1433.jpg.d58f398b04476a00d7cfa1cb1793c93a.jpg

CIMG1432.jpg.ca5156873259442df3de79e4e18bd172.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Over the years I have compared prices while on board. I was always able to get a better deal on one of my favorite watch websites. It might be a good idea if you have a lot of on board credits to blow away. But if you are paying cash I've always found better deals elsewhere.