Majesty to get Upgraded

The press release talks about "her season" in PC, so my guess is they delayed the transfer by a year so they could get their new builds out (Harmony and Ovation) and re-position the fleet more effectively.

That makes me think of a WWII movie where the Admirals are pushing ship models around a map of the ocean. :sly:

Her last cruise out of Miami is April 29. Her first cruise out of PC is May 27.

Thanks, three plus weeks is a relatively long dry dock. It will be interesting to see what all gets done. Do you think they would spend a lot of money and effort if they were only delaying the transfer for one season?

Edited by Don Pedro

The press release talks about "her season" in PC, so my guess is they delayed the transfer by a year so they could get their new builds out (Harmony and Ovation) and re-position the fleet more effectively.

I would be a little surprised that her drydock would be so extensive just to have her stay with the fleet for a year. Then again, if she's being transferred to Pullmantur at some point in the near future, perhaps that will just mean a shorter drydock later.

I'm wondering whether something changed at Pullmantur making it no longer a viable option to transfer Majesty to them.

That thought occured to me too, that perhaps Pullmantur thinks it cannot absorb another ship next year.

Edited by clarea

Thanks, three plus weeks is a relatively long dry dock. It will be interesting to see what all gets done. Do you think they would spend a lot of money and effort if they were only delaying the transfer for one season?

That's a lot of stuff to accomplish. The slides alone seem a logistical nightmare considering structural and plumbing changes.

I'm wondering whether something changed at Pullmantur making it no longer a viable option to transfer Majesty to them.

I am thinking that this decision came from RCL management. I do not have inside information, but have been following the transfer in Spain somewhat.

It was always interesting that Pullmantur had never added Majesty to their own website. They did include information as a press release in November though.

Majesty was due to be home-ported in the Caribbean, maybe at Cancun. She was going to be calling weekly at Grand Cayman. Itineraries had never been released publically.

Pullmantur had started marketing in the UK this past year with a general agent Fred Olsen Travel for the region doing all the English language marketing.

http://www.fredolsentravel.co.uk/

http://www.pullmanturcruises.co.uk/

http://www.pullmanturcruises.co.uk/blog/majesty-of-the-seas-pullmantur

It will be interesting to hear Pullmantur's take on this change.

I would be a little surprised that her drydock would be so extensive just to have her stay with the fleet for a year. Then again, if she's being transferred to Pullmantur at some point in the near future, perhaps that will just mean a shorter drydock later.

True but here is my question. Are Pullmantur and RCCL separate entities for stock holders? If they are it would seem inappropriate for RCCL to fund a major renovation of a ship they intend to transfer.

True but here is my question. Are Pullmantur and RCCL separate entities for stock holders? If they are it would seem inappropriate for RCCL to fund a major renovation of a ship they intend to transfer.

Great point/question. Anyone have the answer?

Derek

Bob - I'm assuming Majesty will drop KW and Enchantment will take it instead? I haven't been around in awhile so I'm not up on everything.

MJ will definitely drop KW when she is moved to PC. EN will now be my Thursday RCI fix. ;)

I actually think this news is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what MJ looks like after the slides are installed. :D

MJ will definitely drop KW when she is moved to PC. EN will now be my Thursday RCI fix. ;)

I actually think this news is pretty cool. I can't wait to see what MJ looks like after the slides are installed. :D

Probably like the fugly Carnival ships in PC

Carnival kept the old Holiday in Mobile long after her two younger sister ships had been sold off. Maybe RCI just can't bear to part with their last Sovereign class lady.

Wasn't she a Katrina refugee ship

I'm thinking two things and the second is more absurd than the first.

1. The Free wifi is going to be a stress test. They want to see how the system will perform if 3000 people are on it at once. Or more likely how many people will really use it than just the occasional check email and then go back to swimming in the pool.

2. MSC just announced sailings out of Cuba. Would Royal hang on to an older ship so they can deploy it in Cuba next year and test the waters there?

HAHA - all new rumors to speculate on! :D

Hmmm...the website shows a gap from May, 2016 through October, 2016. That seems a bit long for just an upgrade. I am eager to see exactly what they plan. Maybe another stretch, like Enchantment?

There is no such thing as "Free WiFi". It will somehow be hidden in your cruise fare.

Hmmm...the website shows a gap from May, 2016 through October, 2016. That seems a bit long for just an upgrade. I am eager to see exactly what they plan. Maybe another stretch, like Enchantment?

The summer 2016 itineraries for Majesty have not been released yet. They are supposed to begin May 27, 2016.

Edited by cruisenfever

The May 27th date must only be showing to TAs because November 11, 2016 is the earliest date being shown on the RCI website.

May 27 was referenced in the press release.

" Reservations for the Majesty of the Seas' inaugural Port Canaveral season are now available for sailings beginning May 27, 2016. Rhapsody of the Seas' Tampa sailings are also open for sale for sailings beginning December 3, 2016."

Edited by orville99

Could be if the gap were that long but not with a May 27 sail date.

Edited by Don Pedro

May 27 was referenced in the press release.

" Reservations for the Majesty of the Seas' inaugural Port Canaveral season are now available for sailings beginning May 27, 2016. Rhapsody of the Seas' Tampa sailings are also open for sale for sailings beginning December 3, 2016."

So what will Rhapsody do between November 10 and December 3. Highly doubtful they will send to PC and then Tampa 3 weeks later.

Doesn't appear to be.Wikipedia shows the only owner as RCCL as of 2006.

The ship is owned by a company called Majesty of the Seas Inc. that is fully held by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Monarch was transferred to a company called PULLMANTUR CRUISES MONARCH, LTD. and that is held by a company called Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd.

Pullmantur Cruises Ship Management Ltd. was acquired in 2006 by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd..