Which famous person was on your cruise?

JCJR

Marty Allen Feldman.  He was a comedian with strange looking eyes.  Anyway, our travel agent was related to him somehow and asked us to take a birthday gift to him.  We left it at the Purser's desk, no idea if he ever actually received it.

Marty Feldman.png

11 hours ago, gooch47 said:

Marty Allen Feldman.  He was a comedian with strange looking eyes.  Anyway, our travel agent was related to him somehow and asked us to take a birthday gift to him.  We left it at the Purser's desk, no idea if he ever actually received it.

Marty Feldman.png

"Walk this way!"  😀😀😀

On 11/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, George C said:

You are totally wrong, a few artist I mentioned are worth 40 million so they do not need money, they like meeting fans and the other artist on the ship, there was one artist who was supposed to get off but stayed on since he was having such a good time. 

Boz Scaggs is one of those....he is a multi, multi millionaire.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was at the Fillmore West in 1970 and saw the Dead.I have a picture of myself standing outside to document that I was there.

I worked in the music industry in San Francisco in the late 60's through mid 70's and I love the Fillmore and saw so many artists there, including Pink Floyd.  Another favorite venue was Winterland.

1 minute ago, NLH Arizona said:

I worked in the music industry in San Francisco in the late 60's through mid 70's and I love the Fillmore and saw so many artists there, including Pink Floyd.  Another favorite venue was Winterland.

I went to every venue in NYC but only to the Fillmore West in CA.

Slightly off topic but from the late 80's to  perhaps 93 or so- I would spend $20-$28 on a concert ticket. Once the Eagles started charging $100 in 94' then the Stones could charge $50 for a stadium and it kept going up and up and up- I'm sure those of you who were going to concerts in the 60'-70's had a better experience when it was less corporate;

Now often tickets reach $180 for these acts to $300.

It kind of reminds me of how in 2013-2014 I could get a studio cabin for $550 and now $1,350 is a good deal.

Those of us hooked on cruising and/or concerts are hooked- and continue to go when we can.

back to the topic- most famous person I saw was Oliver North on a Costa Cruise in '95. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HowardK said:

Slightly off topic but from the late 80's to  perhaps 93 or so- I would spend $20-$28 on a concert ticket. Once the Eagles started charging $100 in 94' then the Stones could charge $50 for a stadium and it kept going up and up and up- I'm sure those of you who were going to concerts in the 60'-70's had a better experience when it was less corporate;

Now often tickets reach $180 for these acts to $300.

It kind of reminds me of how in 2013-2014 I could get a studio cabin for $550 and now $1,350 is a good deal.

Those of us hooked on cruising and/or concerts are hooked- and continue to go when we can.

back to the topic- most famous person I saw was Oliver North on a Costa Cruise in '95. 

Bruce Springsteen wear jeans and tells us he is just a regular guy appears in concert in NYC for $313.00 for an orchestra seat.Graham Nash who never appears to be something other than himself appears in a similar venue for $65 for an orchestra seat.

I go and went to concerts to see artists who did not rip off their fans.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Bruce Springsteen wear jeans and tells us he is just a regular guy appears in concert in NYC for $313.00 for an orchestra seat.Graham Nash who never appears to be something other than himself appears in a similar venue for $65 for an orchestra seat.

I go and went to concerts to see artists who did not rip off their fans.

You get what you pay for , Springsteen had the best live show I ever saw paid under 50 for fantastic seats in 1985. I would happily also pay 300 for him or for Streisand for decent seats . In many cases scalpers get the money rather have artist get the money it just supply and demand. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George C said:

You get what you pay for , Springsteen had the best live show I ever saw paid under 50 for fantastic seats in 1985. I would happily also pay 300 for him or for Streisand for decent seats . In many cases scalpers get the money rather have artist get the money it just supply and demand. 

The only time I paid to see Springsteen was at the Stone Pony and it was $ 8 a ticket .That was before he ever heard of the E Street Band.

Streisand and I were neighbors in Brooklyn .She has always been a favorite of mine but I never saw her in concert.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George C said:

Broadway ticket prices we so high because they figured the scalpers would get the money so they would upcharge themselves. 

2 hours ago, HowardK said:

Billy Joel is my favorite- I cancelled my cruise last year due to 2 of his concerts that month. I might have a conflict again this year! 

I am a Notary. From 1988 to 1992 I was notarizing music contracts between artists and management. Billy Joel was one of those who I notarized for.Instead of cash payment I would get concert tickets for back stage as well as signed memorabilia which I always gave to family members.In addition in the 1970’s I worked with one of Billy’s childhood friends .I believe that I have every album/CD that he ever released.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am a Notary. From 1988 to 1992 I was notarizing music contracts between artists and management. Billy Joel was one of those who I notarized for.Instead of cash payment I would get concert tickets for back stage as well as signed memorabilia which I always gave to family members.In addition in the 1970’s I worked with one of Billy’s childhood friends .I believe that I have every album/CD that he ever released.

We saw him in Seattle a couple of years ago and he was fantastic.  What was funny is that all the young adults knew all the lyrics to all the songs.  Loved it.

1 minute ago, clo said:

We saw him in Seattle a couple of years ago and he was fantastic.  What was funny is that all the young adults knew all the lyrics to all the songs.  Loved it.

When my grand kids were very young but old enough to listen to music I told them that if they are in my house for an overnight they were going to listen to my favorite music.

I did that with my children as well.I personally love many genres of music and I am fortunate to have known many singers/musicians over the years.

• Like 1

My friend, who used to be married to the CW star, was her road manager and sound person.

So you get a mental picture of what he looks like and how he dresses.

So first time I met him (years after knowing him on line, before the days of the internet), here is this guy with styled hair, sandals, and shorts, with a Hey Dude demeanor.  *****?!

So I asked him, and he literally IS a Valley Boy.  But growing up, he had older sisters, so he listened to the music they listened to.  He is a bit younger than I am, so his sisters are around my age, so MY music.

When he went into the music business, he followed the sound of the late 60s - 70 top 40, soft rock.  And that sound is now part of the CW arena.  And there are many "CW" groups and singers, who are not really that country.

BTW, his current wife used to (and may still do some) sing as the lead for Abba tributes.  And for a number of years, she was with Abbacadabra, which does the cruise line circuit out of Florida.  He was their sound guy when she was singing with the group.

Edited by SRF
  • Like 1