Which famous person was on your cruise?

JCJR

Elvis has been on several of our cruises - full Vegas-type suits every day.    On one cruise he participated in the passenger talent show and got booed off the stage - not one of his better performances.   

9 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Did Celebrity Summit at end of August this year and Sean Connery was on board. He got off in Bermuda, did not do the return trip.

Wife read Carly Simons autobiography and her and her sister met him in the 1960’s on a cruise ship.  

On 7/15/2015 at 11:22 PM, SOMEBEECH said:

A lot of celebrities you wouldn't know them out in public without a professional makeup artist and wardrobe person.

I could stand next to 99% of them and wouldn't know who they were nor care.

A friend of mine used to be married to a CW star.  We were in Nashville and met them for dinner.  That afternoon, we had seen her star in the CW Hall of Fame.

So we walked up to the podium and found it was going to be a 45 minute wait, no one recognized her.

We were fine, as it was a nice night, so we stood outside socializing.

Then a stretch limo with dark windows came by, and she is peering in, and said, "I wonder if someone famous is inside."

And I am thinking, YOU are famous. 

Not so far on a cruise.

I saw Ben Vereen and Tyne Daley at Haunamau Bay in Hawaii.

Coming back one trip, it was the day after the Pro Bowl.  Larry Csonka and the first Mrs. Bradshaw were seated in front of us (we were in First).  And most of the rest of the passengers were players.  I had a nice chat with one of the coaches from the Bengals when I got up to move around.

11 minutes ago, SRF said:

A friend of mine used to be married to a CW star.  We were in Nashville and met them for dinner.  That afternoon, we had seen her star in the CW Hall of Fame.

So we walked up to the podium and found it was going to be a 45 minute wait, no one recognized her.

We were fine, as it was a nice night, so we stood outside socializing.

Then a stretch limo with dark windows came by, and she is peering in, and said, "I wonder if someone famous is inside."

And I am thinking, YOU are famous. 

Nice piece of writing. 

Lived in nyc in 1980 and went to Carnegie hall to see Frank Sinatra concert , was going on a cruise the next day, while walking to a bar a block away we heard some people in front of us talk about making movies, it was Ben Gazzara , Gina Rolands and her husband John Cassavates . 

On 11/5/2019 at 2:05 PM, Cruzaholic41 said:

For me it was John Travolta on Enchantment of the Seas and Taylor Swift on Allure of the Seas. 

You do know that John Travolta ended up being in a lawsuit about his actions during this cruise !!

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

You do know that John Travolta ended up being in a lawsuit about his actions during this cruise !!

Details?

You'd think he'd charter a huge yacht with a chef etc rather than mingle with the hoi polloi.

I feel like a post of mine was removed.

I passed Garrison Keillor in the main corridor on Deck 3 on Queen Mary 2 during a transatlantic crossing this past June. I greeted him as we passed and he absolutely did not acknowledge my greeting or my presence.

3 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

I feel like a post of mine was removed.

I passed Garrison Keillor in the main corridor on Deck 3 on Queen Mary 2 during a transatlantic crossing this past June. I greeted him as we passed and he absolutely did not acknowledge my greeting or my presence.

I find his voice so annoying I can't listen to him.  Like he cares 🙂

Was on a cruise in the 80’s and actor Ralph Waite from the Walton’s was on , he spent most of the cruise in the bar (which I see nothing wrong with) a girl wanted her picture with him, his only question was do we have a camera. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Sailed with the Love Boat cast, when they were aboard for filming

I was on a cruise about 40 years ago and they were filming a movie that never was released sought of a love boat , Jo Ann Worley from laugh in , Jay Johnson from soap, Rip Taylor who was sea sick most of the cruise, really fun cruise. 

Susan Anton
Bob Dickinson, former Head of Carnival
Gavin MacLeod
Jason Alexander
Dave Matthews Band came onboard after their concert in Nassau was rained out and did a show. This was a DMB cruise though.
Michael Mondavi
Various pro basketball and football players