Does Princess Give Prizes for Trivia?

dilly25

Thanks for a rapid reply to my question. Next question, what are trinkets? Would that be Princess pins or something else?

It seems that each cruise line has different ideas about awarding prizes for sometimes exceedingly tough questions in trivia, so I would appreciate knowing how Princess rewards our efforts.

Thanks for a rapid reply to my question. Next question, what are trinkets? Would that be Princess pins or something else?

It seems that each cruise line has different ideas about awarding prizes for sometimes exceedingly tough questions in trivia, so I would appreciate knowing how Princess rewards our efforts.

Our team won D-clip key chains and another time a lanyard with the princess logo on them. I saw champagne (bubbly wine that is) handed out as prizes to some of the audience participants in various games and shows in the evening. Choir Pins were given to pop choir participants. I think it's more about getting people connecting and having fun than the prizes.

Some of the trivia prizes are pretty nice. In the past I have won a fanny pack, a picture frame, an umbrella, a coffee mug, a water bottle and the sparkling wine. Some of the cheaper prizes that I still like were the Princess logo pens and the magnet potato chip clips for the fridge. I also have luggage tags and mini-flashlights. It's kind of a "crap shoot" on what you might win.

• Like 1

To All Princess Experts/Frequent Cruisers,

Does Princess award any prizes for their trivia contests?

Thanks for your assistance.

I'm not sure I'd call them prizes

Tote bags [have about 8 gave away about 10]

Luggage straps [have 4 gave away mre than I can count]

Pens [most didn't work by the end of the cruise]

Lanyards [kept 2 gave the rest away].

I do appreciate all the answers I received about the prizes. I will admit that some of those prizes sound great, so maybe I'll try to enter contests and see what happens.

Thanks.

The ones that sounded good, those have been eliminated as prizes. :)

900%2006.18.11%20Trivia%20prizes%20100_9951_zpswwy55hnz.jpg

Wow, never saw the string bag.

I'm not sure I'd call them prizes

Tote bags [have about 8 gave away about 10]

Luggage straps [have 4 gave away mre than I can count]

Pens [most didn't work by the end of the cruise]

Lanyards [kept 2 gave the rest away].

Never saw the luggage straps either.

But I have more water bottles, pens, chip clips and flashlights than I can count!

Don't play for the prizes. The days of the better prizes are long gone.

A prize today will consist of a key ring (with built in mini LED flash light). Still a lot more useful then a cheap plastic ship on a stick or "medal" given out on another cruise lone.

That being said, on a longer cruise (7 days or more) as the trivia games shake out to certain teams having an abundance of key rings, a water bottle or cheap sparkling wine may be offered.

The problem with the champagne was that only 1 bottle was awarded to the team of 6. One nice prize was a small bag that you wore around your neck which contained a clear compartment for your cruise card.

• Like 1

The reversible tote bags were great. I still use one I got over 8 years ago. We also got really nice, solid pens on that cruise. Still got them too.

Most of the other prizes are just fun things. It makes you wonder why some people are so desperate to win. Do it for fun. Don't get stressed.

• Like 1

I pretty much stopped going to trivia not because of the trinkets that are awarded but rather the cutthroat nature of many of the participants. Too much drama with arguing over answers, arguments over accusations of cheating, getting yelled at for sitting in another team's area (before the game begins). It's just not as fun as it use to be.....:(

Bob

IToo much drama with arguing over answers, arguments over accusations of cheating, getting yelled at for sitting in another team's area (before the game begins).

Princess has a number of games based on TV shows. (The marriage game, Jeopardy!, Pop Star, etc.).

Trivia as you have observed it is the Princess version of the Jerry Springer show.

• Haha 1

Trivia

Max. 6 person teams

For most trivia games each person on the winning team receives a prize. On some evening games the entire team gets a bottle of not so good champagne.

This is a list of some of the current trivia prizes I have in my collection box:

Water Bottles

Playing Cards

Carabiner Keychains

Pens

Keychain Flashlights

Passport holders that go around the neck

Laynards

Fridge Magnet clips, can also be used as a bag clip (one of the best)

One game on the Crown which we were participants was -

Could you do what the Crew do?

It was lots of fun and our Team won T-shirts. Wow!

That was they only time I have seen that game played.

How is that game played?

I assume you do not have to clean a cabin or plate a pizza.