Azamazing Evenings -- Yes or No

Thameside

I'm sure this has been covered before, but could anyone tell me what our dining options will be in the event we choose not to attend the azamazing evening? I would guess that not all the dining options would be open.

On our azamazing evening the Windows buffet opened earlier around 5.30pm and there was also a buffet in discoveries restaurant to about 7.00pm. From 7.00pm the discoveries restaurant continued as it normally would as any other night.😊

Isn't the whole point about foreign travel about savouring new experiences......and perhaps a little "hassle" makes it worth it?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

In my experience there is no hassle. Azamara handles the logistics of transporting passengers to the venue seamlessly. Our first Azamazing evening in Cannes required us to tender to shore and then travel by coach to a gorgeous chateau. Everything was perfect, particularly for those passengers who have mobility issues. They were cared for wonderfully.

One of the joys of Azamara is that it is a hassle free vacation from start to finish.

I'm sure this has been covered before, but could anyone tell me what our dining options will be in the event we choose not to attend the azamazing evening? I would guess that not all the dining options would be open.

Usually one of the speciality restaurants is also open on the Azamazing Evening.

I think I would always sign up and go to the event. We went to Ephesus but as it was raining, the event - a short classical concert with drinks but no nibbles, was held in a concert venue on the site. It was well handled and back on board afterwards there was a really lovely buffet available.

Lynne :)

Our azamazing evening in Venice on the 23 June cruise was terrible. It was just a lousy opera performance with not even water being available. There was also a lot of waiting. I wish I gave that evening a miss . It was azadisaster.

Contrary to this view... we thought it was an excellent evening in Venice...a truly unique chance for an exclusive visit to the historic theatre, Teatro La Fenice, with excellent orchestra and soloist.

We have really appreciated half a dozen Azamazing evenings and would definitely recommend them.......

For instance, when would you get the opportunity to visit the Peoples Park in Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar,.... closed exclusively for Azamara.... to be dined and entertained with the magnificent floodlight golden Shwedagon Pagoda as a backdrop...it was absolutely fantastic.

Also, when would you get the opportunity to get exclusive access to Codorniu winery near Barcelona....be wined, dined and entertained by flamenco dancers and get a tour of the winery...it was really brilliant.

We have also been entertained by a classical ensemble while overlooking the bay at Amalfi.......experienced the cultures and traditions of Kerala in India...... and watched Georgian State dancers in Batumi..... all were original, well organized and in our experience not to be missed.

John

We were just watching our DVD, my husband had filmed on the Journey last year around the British Isles.

We had our AmazingEvening in Liverpool and was absolutely wonderful.

We were driven by luxurious busses to the cathedral, which was illuminated inside like a rock concert and everything was seen on big screens. They first started with some speeches from Liverpool officials, like the mayor.

The we had a great organ concert, followed by a classic concert with a female and a male singer with wonderful voices.

Than we had a break with some champagne and we talked for a while with the dean of the cathedral and the female artist.

The last part was a Beatles Revival Concert, of course, in their hometown.

We were brought back to the ship in these terrific busses and were told to get outside on deck a few minutes later. The stewards went around with champagne and we had a firework from about 10-15 minutes.

It could not have been better. And it was really amazing.

Edited by wuppis

We were just watching our DVD, my husband had filmed on the Journey last year around the British Isles.

We had our AmazingEvening in Liverpool and was absolutely wonderful.

We were driven by luxurious busses to the cathedral, which was illuminated inside like a rock concert and everything was seen on big screens. They first started with some speeches from Liverpool officials, like the mayor.

The we had a great organ concert, followed by a classic concert with a female and a male singer with wonderful voices.

Than we had a break with some champagne and we talked for a while with the dean of the cathedral and the female artist.

The last part was a Beatles Revival Concert, of course, in their hometown.

We were brought back to the ship in these terrific busses and were told to get outside on deck a few minutes later. The stewards went around with champagne and we had a firework from about 10-15 minutes.

It could not have been better. And it was really amazing.

Thanks for posting. We had exactly the same experience on this month's British Isles cruise on Quest.

A highlight for me was watching the dean of the cathedral rocking with the faux Beatles in the front row of seats, while the Lord Mayor and his wife were dancing up a storm. Priceless. The Liverpudlians do love their Beatles.

• 2 weeks later...

I can never remember who was there or where we were or what we did over the years so I wrote reports on all the cruises. Some have personal notes in them as to who we met etc. Below is a copy/paste of a portion of the Azamara Quest Cruise 2014. Puerto Vallarta was chosen for our AzAmazing Evening. It was a truly amazing experience. Since we had been to PV before we didn’t want to do much touring. Azamara picked a nice place to dock as opposed to downtown. We wouldn’t have missed this AzAmazing evening for the world. It was our first and surely will not be the last.

Don’t forget if you sign up and decide not to go, be sure and cancel in the appropriate time or you will have to pay since they go to a lot of expense and trouble to set these things up. Believe me sign up and show up.

Friday Jan 24, 2014 we stopped in PUERTA VALLARTA. We took a short cab ride to visit Wal-Mart and Sam’s which were next door to each other during the morning. More non Mexicans shopping than Mexicans. It was interesting to see the display of raw fish and octopus that we do not see in America. In the evening Azamara had arranged a complimentary Azamazing Evening show by The HUICHOL INDIANS OF THE SIERRA MADRE MOUNTAINS. This was a very nice experience. They used multiple vans to carry all those that singed up into the mountains to visit the property. Large buses would not be able to make it, because of the narrow turns and narrow roads. The Huichol Indians put on a colorful show and we were served margaritas, tequila and many nice snacks. A very nice fireworks show followed. I can say that this was a very nice success. As we went up the rough roads we would see cowboys on horseback with flashlights lighting our way to be sure van drivers did not go the wrong way. There were booths set up for the Indians to display their wares just like the market. We had pictures taken with the Indians in their colorful costumes. The Captain and ships officers were there and the Captain was back at the ship when we got back to great everyone. What a nice touch.

AZAMARA QUEST- JAN 15, 2014 STILLS

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=F6FE23A6E5A9EC3F%212048

AZAMARA you tube

Click on the little window like icon to view the video in full screen. I hope the links work. Let me know if they don't

We are already signed up for Azamazing Evening on the October trip and were pleased to see a positive note on Ephesus.

We are already signed up for Azamazing Evening on the October trip and were pleased to see a positive note on Ephesus.

Everything I've heard about the Azamazing evening in Ephesus has been positive.

If MY detective skills are strong enough, I think one of our excellent posters, excitedofharpenden, has just been on a cruise with that offering and perhaps he will respond. A good friend has just finished that same cruise and I will report her assessment.

Everything I've heard about the Azamazing evening in Ephesus has been positive.

If MY detective skills are strong enough, I think one of our excellent posters, excitedofharpenden, has just been on a cruise with that offering and perhaps he will respond. A good friend has just finished that same cruise and I will report her assessment.

Elementary my dear Watson.;) Just back from Journey and the evening classical concert in Ephesus I thought was wonderful. What a fantastic setting. It will be cooler in October, but spray yourself liberally with bug spray just in case. There were mosquitos.

Phil

We're on the Adriatic & Greek Isles cruise on Journey next May. The AzAmazing Evening was originally scheduled to be in Ephesus, but according to the latest Land Discoveries brochure for that cruise it has been changed to Chania, Crete.

Elementary my dear Watson.;) Just back from Journey and the evening classical concert in Ephesus I thought was wonderful. What a fantastic setting. It will be cooler in October, but spray yourself liberally with bug spray just in case. There were mosquitos.

Phil

Thanks for the mosquito warning! We never would have considered it.

nordski, you may find this website interesting. It has some good info on Ephesus. I loved my tour there in 2011.

http://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/ephesus-tr-iz-ep.htm

That is one Azamazing evening I would really enjoy.

You are correct, of course, that site is really useful. For some reason, I've never encountered it before and I enjoyed reading it.

My rather idiosyncratic problem with the Azamazing Evening in Ephesus is that the last time we visited that site my wife encountered a spider that was, in the immortal line of Alvy Singer to Annie Hall, "as big as a Buick".

Thus all of the information you have provided will help to remind her of the more interesting and positive features of what is, in my mind, one of the great classical sites in the Med. That, and especially the report of my friend and my wife's love of music, should overcome that previous memory.

Thanks again for your help.

Edited by nordski

nordski, you may find this website interesting. It has some good info on Ephesus. I loved my tour there in 2011.

http://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/ephesus-tr-iz-ep.htm

That is one Azamazing evening I would really enjoy.

Lottie,

Thanks for that link. I have been to Ephesus twice before, but enjoyed reading this since we will be returning again in October. Quite a lot of good information.

We are booked on Azamara Journey due to depart from Athens on 20th Sept 2015. This is our first Azamara trip since the introduction of Azamazing Evenings. I have read a lot discussion on the subject and it seems fairly split as to Good or Bad and seems very much dependant on the actual event and location. It seems that the one for this cruise is to be held in FETHIYE, TURKEY and doing a little research into the venue, which is Kale Park Restaurant, it does not make very good reading. It also says that a welcome drink and canapes will be served.

I thought that these evenings always included dinner, but this does not always seem to be the case, reading some of your reports. Has anyone been on this evening or read anything about as I am currently of the mind that I would be better off not subscribing even though it's Free. A shame because it was something I was looking forward to. ANY THOUGHTS Please.

New to Azamara, do you have to book it in the same way you book and excursion?

New to Azamara, do you have to book it in the same way you book and excursion?

Yes, you book it the same way you book an excursion. However, if you book it and don't show up they say they will make a charge. On the one I went on I guess they knew I showed up by my card going through the check out and back in. I would definitely try it. I have only been on one and it was very rewarding.

Yes, you book it the same way you book an excursion. However, if you book it and don't show up they say they will make a charge. On the one I went on I guess they knew I showed up by my card going through the check out and back in. I would definitely try it. I have only been on one and it was very rewarding.

For our Christmas/New Years cruise from Buenos Aires to Rio, when we boarded the ship, basically just our whole boatload of passengers were headed to buses for a tapas and tango show at one of the premier tango places in Buenos Aires. Reports from them were that they LOVED it and it was a well-executed event. The only reason we did not go is that we'd not been in from Los Angeles that long and had spent the day touring Buenos Aires, but more importantly, the event was scheduled to end around 11pm and we needed to be up at 3am for a 4am meeting time next day to go to Iguazu Falls.(So we had a lovely dinner at Aquilina, with the whole place to ourselves, pretty much) Took the ship's Iguazu excursion because of the logistics (need to fly there) and it was brilliantly done. The Iguazu Falls are a must see!!!!

For our Christmas/New Years cruise from Buenos Aires to Rio, when we boarded the ship, basically just our whole boatload of passengers were headed to buses for a tapas and tango show at one of the premier tango places in Buenos Aires. Reports from them were that they LOVED it and it was a well-executed event. The only reason we did not go is that we'd not been in from Los Angeles that long and had spent the day touring Buenos Aires, but more importantly, the event was scheduled to end around 11pm and we needed to be up at 3am for a 4am meeting time next day to go to Iguazu Falls.(So we had a lovely dinner at Aquilina, with the whole place to ourselves, pretty much) Took the ship's Iguazu excursion because of the logistics (need to fly there) and it was brilliantly done. The Iguazu Falls are a must see!!!!

I guess you spent the night at that Sheraton that overlooks the falls. You made the correct choice in this case. When we try to squeeze too much in frequently one of the things suffer and we wouldn't be able to stay awake to enjoy it. I found that after 65 I could not "Hoot" with the owls at night and "soar" with the Eagles in the day. The owl has to sleep and the Eagle can't fly as high.

I guess you spent the night at that Sheraton that overlooks the falls. You made the correct choice in this case. When we try to squeeze too much in frequently one of the things suffer and we wouldn't be able to stay awake to enjoy it. I found that after 65 I could not "Hoot" with the owls at night and "soar" with the Eagles in the day. The owl has to sleep and the Eagle can't fly as high.

No scapel, we actually just took the ship's Iguazu Falls DAY excursion-- long day since we were up at 3:00am and didn't get back to the ship until 9:00pm or so-- fantastic excursion and well worth the long day as the Falls are definitely one of the world's top 10 natural wonders. While I try to pack in as much as I can (we usually walk around for 5-7 hours in every port on our own or doing some excursion or trip with a private guide), I totally hear you as there was no way we could get back at 11pm from a tango show and then get up 4 hours later for the Falls trip (which involved a LOT of walking and climbing). I'm a night owl, but become a lark for port visits, so I don't miss the important sights! So, you're from Louisiana-- we'll be visiting New Orleans in October for a special event-- we're so excited, as we've never been there!!! Happy travels!

No scapel, we actually just took the ship's Iguazu Falls DAY excursion-- long day since we were up at 3:00am and didn't get back to the ship until 9:00pm or so- So, you're from Louisiana-- we'll be visiting New Orleans in October for a special event-- we're so excited, as we've never been there!!! Happy travels!

WOW!! That was really a long day. tiring. We did the overnight version since we had time. I would guess you did the Argentina side.

NewOrleans

Ok, Things to do.

Ride the St Charles Street car and it will go all the way to Carrollton. The old Camillia Grill is close by near the end of St.Charles . I think the address is 626 S. Caarrollton this is a great place to have a nice breakfast. It had done so well that they opened one in the French Quarter 144 Bourbon Tel # 504-409-2679. It is just a counter type restaurant and sometimes can get real busy, because it has always been a great deal to eat. Other Tel #’s 504-584-3911;

504-888-9254;504-522-1800. I’m not sure of the age of this info,so I am giving multiple numbers.

There is a nice combination tour of the Aquarium and then you get on a river boat and go up river to the Audubon zoo and back. You get a river boat ride, an Aquarium visit and a zoo visit all in one. I think it takes about all day.

My daughter lives in River Ridge a suburb of N.O so she knows all the new restaurants and latest things in N.O and can give us more up to date info.

E-mail me for more info about N.O. if you like.

scapel@suddenlink.net

Dr.Joe

I have been to NOLA by land for a week and by sea on AZ and will again.. you could spend a day at the french Quarter an another on the tram. I did the zoo, a cermentary and both UN before heading back unto the city. Nola's is still good and many others. there is a small NOLA area under ports of call here.

also the last S America cruise i was on the falls was only a long day tour. they never overnight there. i did the falls on a land tour. but the best way is an add on before or after cruise.

Hi all,

There is conflicting information for the Azamazing evening for our visit to Ephesus with the Journey in October.

The Azamara Club cruises webpage for this cruise has the following description of the Azamazing Evening:

EPHESUS: BACK TO ANCIENT TIMES

08-OCT-15

Succumb to the exceptional glory of a 12-piece string orchestra at the Odeon in Ephesus. This outdoor amphitheater is a marvelous treasure of antiquity. Originally constructed in the 2nd century by a wealthy Ephesian husband and wife, the venue served as both a home for Senate meetings and a concert hall for performances of all types. Semi-circular seating for 1500 surrounds a stage area where columns and a multi-storied building are lost to time. This evening is a more intimate affair than those raucous Roman gatherings. As dusk turns to night, a peaceful mood settles. An orchestra of twelve — including violin, viola, cello and harp — proffers its haunting sounds into the acoustic shell of this great archeological wonder. Submit to a timeless rhapsody as the ecstatic movements of Bach, Vivaldi, Mozart, Brahms and others saturate the night

But in the Shore Excursion booklet and when booking the Azamazing Evening online through Azamara this is the description we are given:

Experience a delightful evening at the themed Cittantica Ephesus Park. This incredible park recreates the ancient city of Ephesus,

complete with architectural replicas, costumed locals in character, contemporaneous details and interactive shows. Enjoy a

welcome drink while watching in awe as entertainers perform a fire show surrounded by Roman soldiers. Live sculptures add an

element of surprise to the evening and make for fun photo opportunities. Within the park, listen to the lovely strains of harp music

during an introduction to Artemission, a hall built as a scaled replica of the spectacular Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven

Wonders of the Ancient World. Once seated, an exclusive show about Cleopatra and Mark Antony reveals the magnificence of

antiquity followed by a live orchestra performance of music from the Roman era.

Highlights:

Visit Cittantica Ephesus Park, a themed recreation of the ancient • city of Ephesus.

•See a fire show and an interactive performance in a replica of the Temple of Artemis.

These are two very different evenings. Seeing Ephesus by night with an intimate classical concert in the real Odeon appeals to us much more than an entertainment spectacular in Ephesus World theme park.

Maybe Bonnie can provide some information.

Hi all,

There is conflicting information for the Azamazing evening for our visit to Ephesus with the Journey in October.

The Azamara Club cruises webpage for this cruise has the following description of the Azamazing Evening:

But in the Shore Excursion booklet and when booking the Azamazing Evening online through Azamara this is the description we are given:

These are two very different evenings. Seeing Ephesus by night with an intimate classical concert in the real Odeon appeals to us much more than an entertainment spectacular in Ephesus World theme park.

Maybe Bonnie can provide some information.

What is your date of embarkation?