No Bottles (Liquid) Policy Question

I know that there have been plenty of threads about this....but I haven't had any luck finding a answer to a question my boyfriend has. He is diabetic....so he basically drinks only water....but has recently discovered some liquid flavorings that he likes. Does anyone know....if these are allowed....because technically they are liquid and in a bottle. Such as right now his favorite are the lemonade and grape flavors made by Mio.

thanks

Edited by cruisinbabe16

Here is what I would do. The Mios are so small I would just stick it in my pocket and walk right through on to the ship. Wear a pair of baggy cargo shorts and split up the Mios in separate pockets. If the metal detector doesn't go off then they have no reason to search your clothing. They are looking in bags and soda cartons. It's not like TSA at the airports.

The second option would be to bury it in your checked luggage. I doubt they would care about water flavoring.

Mio is NOT flavored water. It is a small bottle, about 2 oz or so, that is flavoring that is added to water to give it a different taste, ie lemonade etc.

I don't see that this should be a problem as it's not like a bottle of water etc.

• 3 weeks later...
My understanding of the new policy is that nothing in bottles can be carried on except a bottle of wine per adult. No bottles of soda, juice, water, etc.

Does etc. include bottles of mouthwash, prescription medicine, shampoo, sunscreen?

Does etc. include bottles of mouthwash, prescription medicine, shampoo, sunscreen?

I asked the same thing LOL. According to the policy it states "beverages" and since one does not drink shampoo, suncscreen, etc., then they are allowed.

For cruises starting on or after July 9, 2015, a change to our Liquor and Beverage Policy will take effect where guests will no longer be allowed to bring on board water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages packaged in bottles. Additionally, any confiscated items will also be discarded.

Take sealed Mio if you are worried, but I don't think that will be a problem. Sealed would be better anyway, so the flip top doesn't accidentally get flipped open & squirt Mio all over your stuff. My hubby likes the tangerine Mio.

Mio is NOT flavored water. It is a small bottle, about 2 oz or so, that is flavoring that is added to water to give it a different taste, ie lemonade etc.

I don't see that this should be a problem as it's not like a bottle of water etc.

Carnival Says.

For cruises starting on or after July 9, 2015, a change to our Liquor and Beverage Policy will take effect where guests will no longer be allowed to bring on board water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages packaged in bottles. Additionally, any confiscated items will also be discarded.

'and other non-alcoholic beverages packaged in bottles' sounds like that would cover Mio in a Bottle.