Sip and Sail

Jacks Nana

Has anyone heard about the Sip and Sail where they say all inclusive on 10 dollars or less drinks...but only 15 drinks a day....is that true

Also can anyone tell my how much frozen drinks are: pina colodas, margaritas and whatever else they have...

Thank you for any info....

Has anyone heard about the Sip and Sail where they say all inclusive on 10 dollars or less drinks...but only 15 drinks a day....is that true

Also can anyone tell my how much frozen drinks are: pina colodas, margaritas and whatever else they have...

I've not heard of any restrictions on the AIBP regardless of the special promotion. Frozen drinks are under the $10 limit. They may not be the the biggest size but there are smaller sizes included. I think there normal price is about $8 but I'm not totally sure.

Have not heard a limit, but it would not surprise me.

Here is a great thread and spreadsheet on drinks.

There is also a long thread on the actual itself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

We were looking at a TA next year from Copenhagen ending in NY and the "sale" is crazy in our opinion. For the same amount of days comparing to a TA we took last year the pricing is 1100 more pp with this drink package included. Taking the 250 obj instead of the package still wasn't that good a deal.... No thanks. We will wait until after the sale to book our next cruise.

Edited by Dudleydog73

The 15 drink limit (regardless of alcoholic or non-alcoholic) is in the Holland America package, which they are including in a sale they have right now (Explore4).

The price HAL sells the package for (when not included on your fare from a sale) is basically the same price as Princess's All-inclusive Beverage package but HAL limits the drink price to $7 and under for the maximum 15 drinks per day.

We were looking at a TA next year from Copenhagen ending in NY and the "sale" is crazy in our opinion. For the same amount of days comparing to a TA we took last year the pricing is 1100 more pp with this drink package included. Taking the 250 obj instead of the package still wasn't that good a deal.... No thanks. We will wait until after the sale to book our next cruise.

The various cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umprella have a new philosophy of trying not to reduce basic pricing in order to fill the cabins but to instead offer amenities while keeping the price level high.

So by not lowering the price and effectively offering a $250 benefit (OBC or what the AIBP really costs them for that length cruise) Princess is following the directive to keep pricing at a high level. Alternatively they could have just reduced the price by $250/person, but that would not be following the new philosophy.

The various cruise lines under the Carnival Corp umprella have a new philosophy of trying not to reduce basic pricing in order to fill the cabins but to instead offer amenities while keeping the price level high.

So by not lowering the price and effectively offering a $250 benefit (OBC or what the AIBP really costs them for that length cruise) Princess is following the directive to keep pricing at a high level. Alternatively they could have just reduced the price by $250/person, but that would not be following the new philosophy.

Good luck with that. I already hate the Royal/Regal tax where you have to pay much more to get a usable balcony that was included in a basic balcony on the a Grand class ships. I know mom33 will say that there is no such tax but for those of us who cruise with more than 2 people the standard balconies oh the Royal class are just not usable.

We shall see how this shakes out, but I do not like the direction this is going.

Had my TA look into getting this for our cruise next May. She said it would increase the price of the current cruise by several hundred dollars just to get unlimited drinks.m Yes it was less than buying the package by itself BUT for us it would not have been "free". Prices for the cruise is higher under this program.

Had my TA look into getting this for our cruise next May. She said it would increase the price of the current cruise by several hundred dollars just to get unlimited drinks.m Yes it was less than buying the package by itself BUT for us it would not have been "free". Prices for the cruise is higher under this program.

Exactly our experience in trying to book a cruise right now. We are going to wait until the sale expires and see where pricing is.

Have not heard a limit, but it would not surprise me.

Here is a great thread and spreadsheet on drinks.

There is also a long thread on the actual itself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

I think this calculator needs to be updated. Drinks have gone up $1 and the calculator doesn't seem include the 15% gratuity in the non package calculation.

Never heard of a "Sip & Sail" on a Princess ship???? :confused:

We get the All Inclusive Drink Stickers with no limit of drinks $10 and under.

That is the current sales promotion. It includes the AIBP for balcony and higher categories cabins, supposedly free.

There have been enough posts on other threads that we can conclude:

a) Some cruises do have higher pricing than earlier

b) Some cruises have the exact same pricing as earlier

c) Some cruises do have lower pricing than earlier

So although your cruise currently has higher pricing than when you booked it, some others have found no changes and had the AIBP added and some others were happy to get a price decrease along with the AIBP being added.

I think this is just natural price changes as cruises sell well or do not sell well.

There have been enough posts on other threads that we can conclude:

a) Some cruises do have higher pricing than earlier

b) Some cruises have the exact same pricing as earlier

c) Some cruises do have lower pricing than earlier

So although your cruise currently has higher pricing than when you booked it, some others have found no changes and had the AIBP added and some others were happy to get a price decrease along with the AIBP being added.

I think this is just natural price changes as cruises sell well or do not sell well.

Luckily for me, I am in c) for one of my cruises :); the other one I couldn't get the package as my category is sold out :(.

I think this calculator needs to be updated. Drinks have gone up $1 and the calculator doesn't seem include the 15% gratuity in the non package calculation.
If you search around it was updated.

Carnival has a 15 drinks per day limit.

No daily limit unlike on CCL and HAL (maybe others?)

Signed up for the S&S sail on a previously reserved cruise and received both the S&S package as well as a $200 reduction in our total price. Nice thing about Princess is that you can always opt out later for a newly reduced price up until you make your final payment. Unless you buy into a sale where it is stipulated no changes without a penalty, you can always call and switch to the new price level. We book early and watch the prices currently offered to see if we can get a reduction. One advantage is that we can pick the cabin of our choice since most are still available and later reap any cost reductions being offered.

The sip & sail is one of the reasons we're not sailing Princess next year. Bumped up the cost of the cruise. Since there's only one of us drinking in the cabin (my son is 13) I asked if there was a price break. She said no, but my son gets the unlimited soda card. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the soda card a whole heck of a lot less expensive than the liquor package? Yet no price break is given to account for the difference.

This is all possibly the case. I'm sure that some bean counter did a study and figured that if they raised the price of the voyage to about what it would cost to include the beverage program, that they would make more money because not everyone would exercise the program enough to exceed the cost of the beverages. To use cliches, at the end of the day - there is no free lunch.

We, however, will do our part to pick up the slack of and try to make this a win-win for us and our traveling relatives.

Edited by Grego