Cruise Documents Question

cruisemama5

We can't print out the cruise documents before leaving for our cruise. I filled them out online, but our printer is on the fritz. I know I can get luggage tags at the port, but is it going to be a problem without the cruise papers at embarkation? Have always had them with me in the past. DH says it should be okay since they are online, but want to make sure I don't need to find somewhere to get them printed out tomorrow before we leave.

We can't print out the cruise documents before leaving for our cruise. I filled them out online, but our printer is on the fritz. I know I can get luggage tags at the port, but is it going to be a problem without the cruise papers at embarkation? Have always had them with me in the past. DH says it should be okay since they are online, but want to make sure I don't need to find somewhere to get them printed out tomorrow before we leave.

Sometimes they want to see the first page when you enter a port (and you don't really need the rest). Are you flying in early and can you print it at the hotel?

When we left on our last cruise - we were required to show the security at the lower level of the pier before we were allowed to go up stairs to process for our cabin assignment. Security is getting tighter. Would suggest you find some way to get them printed. If not the whole set - but at least the first page of both sets.

Okie1946

Go to your local Office Depot

Could you open them up on your cell phone and show that if necessary?

I saw people trying to do that at Canada Place last summer. It didn't work for them; the phone screen was not acceptable.

I don't know what finally happened to them, but I do know they were pulled out of line, and sent somewhere to be processed differently.

I would find a way to get a paper copy.

I saw people trying to do that at Canada Place last summer. It didn't work for them; the phone screen was not acceptable.

I don't know what finally happened to them, but I do know they were pulled out of line, and sent somewhere to be processed differently.

I would find a way to get a paper copy.

Same thing at Port Everglades. They want to see your first page and ID before they let you in the building. The documents are a PDF file, so you should be able to save them to a memory stick and print the file just about anywhere. If you don't have a memory stick, you can email the files to a friend for printing. If you don't have a friend close by, most office supply stores, FedEx Kinkos, or UPS stores will accept the file by email or upload. You only need to print page 1,so the cost shouldn't be too high.

Thanks for your replies. I had forgotten about having to show the papers to get into the port! But we went to the library and got them printed. Now we should be okay. Again, thank you for you help and suggestions.

Oh, good. Have a great trip!

Thanks for your replies. I had forgotten about having to show the papers to get into the port! But we went to the library and got them printed. Now we should be okay. Again, thank you for you help and suggestions.

Enjoy your cruise and don't lose those documents. :D

Perhaps it's time that the cruise industry started to catch up with the air industry and started accepting e-tickets. It's ironic that HAL sends out "edocs" but doesn't accept them unless printed. :confused:

I'm not suggesting that they be mandatory, but with the majority of passengers carrying one or more e-devices, it's certainly a viable option.

Perhaps it's time that the cruise industry started to catch up with the air industry and started accepting e-tickets. It's ironic that HAL sends out "edocs" but doesn't accept them unless printed. :confused:

I'm not suggesting that they be mandatory, but with the majority of passengers carrying one or more e-devices, it's certainly a viable option.

It's not Holland America. It's the port employees. Try getting into the country on your "epassport" and you'll see the dilemma. ;) Bonus points if you scream, "Catch up with the times! It's the 21st Century!"

A large number of us don't have cell phones that allow for e-tickets.

I, for one, leave my cell phone at home when we go on a cruise. Took mine with me once when I went on vacation -- was not a vacation at all. I got called two to three times a day while I was gone. When I got back to work, I negotiated with my boss and was not charged for PTO because I worked 4 out of the 5 work days I was gone.

Okie1946