New to Diamond....when to use the lounge

Being Diamond changes my traditional dining habits, used to always do early seating, then watch show and sleep early.

Now I usually do late seating to take advantage of the pre dinner cocktail hours in the lounge.

Edited by roquejo

I guess you are allowed to ask for anything. ;)

The coffee is a valued perk for my family. If I couldn't get it because of a broken machine, I don't think it's a big deal to ask for cappucino vouchers. We were using the CL so we got our coffee there or I would have asked.

Why would you want/need a pin? What do you do with them? (Don't be cheeky now!)

Some people wear them to loyalty events, some people wear them all week long. Some people make them into jewelry. Some people just like to have them, like a keepsake.

That's all I can think of right now.

The coffee is a valued perk for my family. If I couldn't get it because of a broken machine, I don't think it's a big deal to ask for cappucino vouchers. We were using the CL so we got our coffee there or I would have asked.

This has come up before and I believe almost never allowed, but who knows

This has come up before and I believe almost never allowed, but who knows

They should fix their coffee machine. They can have iFly and Flowrider and bumper cars on their ships but they can't get their coffee machine to work for weeks on end? So lame.

Hopefully it's fixed by now anyway.

Does anyone know what the Diamond Lounge is like on Indy? We're on a TA on her next year, and I haven't sailed anything other than Oasis class for ages (have been on Indy before but it was a looong time ago and before we were Diamond).

Eg is there an outdoor area? Coffee machine? Breakfast? (someone mentioned an outdoor area on Liberty, which I think is a sister ship...).

On the subject of Indy, does anyone know if there is tea/coffee making facilities in the cabin (ie an electric kettle/mugs?)

Does anyone know what the Diamond Lounge is like on Indy? We're on a TA on her next year, and I haven't sailed anything other than Oasis class for ages (have been on Indy before but it was a looong time ago and before we were Diamond).

Eg is there an outdoor area? Coffee machine? Breakfast? (someone mentioned an outdoor area on Liberty, which I think is a sister ship...).

On the subject of Indy, does anyone know if there is tea/coffee making facilities in the cabin (ie an electric kettle/mugs?)

If the DL is like the Freedom then it has an outdoor area, coffee machine, breakfast items. No cooked meals.

jc

The DL on Indy is up in Viking Crown, with an outdoor area, coffee machine, and continental breakfast.

The DL on Indy is up in Viking Crown, with an outdoor area, coffee machine, and continental breakfast.

............and they will probably not put the kettles back in ALL of the cabins until she gets to Southampton.

(unless they are in storage in the U.S., then they would probably put them back on board for the TA ;) :D )

Edited by Merion_Mom

Our TA is *from* Southampton (to Ft Lauderdale) so I'm hoping there will be...

I think I remember kettles when we did the TA on the Indy. Not sure. That said, being diamond makes that less critical. Since you can go to the lounge and make a cup of tea anytime day or night.

I know we had kettles in our room (JS) on the Liberty in March, but never even thought about using it. Since I could easily make something in the lounge.

jc

............and they will probably not put the kettles back in ALL of the cabins until she gets to Southampton.

(unless they are in storage in the U.S., then they would probably put them back on board for the TA ;) :D )

Our TA is *from* Southampton (to Ft Lauderdale) so I'm hoping there will be...

So, again..........it will depend on where they "store" them. :D

If you are in a JS or above, you will have one regardless. :)

Why would you want/need a pin? What do you do with them? (Don't be cheeky now!)

Some people wear them to loyalty events, some people wear them all week long. Some people make them into jewelry. Some people just like to have them, like a keepsake.

That's all I can think of right now.

Addition...sell them on ebay. Have seen D+ pins priced at $45-$50.

Also...on two trips where the coffee machine broke down the concierge placed a sticker on our Sea Pass and on a third we just had to mention it to the person making the specialty coffee. No charge. It can and does happen. One trip was a 12 day on the Explorer and the machine was down the entire trip.

Dress code for Diamond Lounge in the afternoon? We do late dinner, so at 4:30-5:00 we're still in pool attire.

--------------

Casual is OK (not pool attire) after the cocktail hour starts.

Edited by clarea

Dress code for Diamond Lounge in the afternoon? We do late dinner, so at 4:30-5:00 we're still in pool attire.

--------------

Casual is OK (not pool attire) after the cocktail hour starts.

You are specifically asked to dress according to that night's "dress code" and as Bob wrote, no pool attire during "cocktail hour."

That having been said, I have seen bathing suits in the CL and the Concierge SAID NOTHING.

(and yes, he saw.)

:rolleyes:

We have not cruised RCCL in a long time. We just found out on this recent Radiance cruise that you can get any drink from the "Diamond Menu" at ANY bar between 4:30 and 8:30 (your ship may vary).

Our diamond coffee machine was turned off frequently outside of the posted diamond lounge hours.

Regarding the bar drinks, remember, there is limit of 3 per evening. (No carry over for unused vouchers).

Enjoy

M

I love to just stop into the lounge whenever I want a latte.....so nice....it even is a good place to stop in and sit and read. At times there are cookies, but not very often, have I found during the day. But that never stopped me from visiting WJ and then heading to the lounge for my latte.

Depending upon the ship, the lounge may have an outside area to sit in and that is enjoyable as well.

I agree that it's a great place for some quiet time in the late morning or early afternoon............................

You are specifically asked to dress according to that night's "dress code" and as Bob wrote, no pool attire during "cocktail hour."

That having been said, I have seen bathing suits in the CL and the Concierge SAID NOTHING.

(and yes, he saw.)

:rolleyes:

Same. People looking all sweaty and in their swimsuits. Concierge said nothing.

What level do you need to be to get pins? We have never gotten any. We are emerald. How do we get them now?

As Bob said, you could ask the Loyalty Ambassador on board. You could also try emailing C&A. Maybe they will mail them to you.