New to Diamond....when to use the lounge

Any soft drinks available outside of the cocktail hours?

Everything is locked up tight until the waiters come to set up happy hour.

Happy Hour is either 4:30-8 or 5-8:30, depending on the traditional fixed dining times. (the first when first seating is 5:30, the second when first seating is 6)

What level do you need to be to get pins? We have never gotten any. We are emerald. How do we get them now?

I believe the pins start at Platinum, but if not, then for sure at Emerald because I've seen them recently.

I believe the pins start at Platinum, but if not, then for sure at Emerald because I've seen them recently.

We had to ask at the loyalty desk for our platinum pins, but got them in our cabin when we turned Emerald. Wonder what will happen when we reach Diamond net spring.;)

Edited by Landl cruiser

We will be Diamond on our cruise on the Jewel in Feb since we hit elite status on Celebrity this Oct. How do we find the Diamond Lounge and how do we get access? Can anyone expand on the breakfast offerings? Any fruit? I would love to avoid the Windjammer for breakfast sine I eat light at breakfast.

There is not a dedicated Diamond Lounge on the Jewel until she goes into drydock in April.

You are specifically asked to dress according to that night's "dress code"

I know you travel often but what ships have you seen that on? I have never seen anything specifically requesting dress according to the "dress code". The evening dress suggestion only applies to MDR as far as I know.

We had to ask at the loyalty desk for our platinum pins, but got them in our cabin when we turned Emerald. Wonder what will happen when we reach Diamond net spring.;)

For me is the opposite, I got them in my cabin when I turned Platinum, but have to ask for them at the loyalty desk when I turned Emerald.

I haven't got my diamond pin yet so I'll see this October.

I know you travel often but what ships have you seen that on? I have never seen anything specifically requesting dress according to the "dress code". The evening dress suggestion only applies to MDR as far as I know.

I may have misspoken when I phrased it like that.

Since the most "lax" dress code for dinner is "casual", you are asked to dress at least "casual" in the Concierge Lounge.

I know that there HAVE been cruises where it was more specific, but not all of them.

And don't ask me which was which! I keep some paperwork, but not all of it, and rarely the C&A stuff.

We will be sailing our first Diamond level cruise next month on the Freedom, and will be travelling with two other couples who are not Diamond level. Can they join us in the DL as our guests at anytime?

Terry from Georgia

No.

Now, no one will ever know if you take them in there during the day when no one else is around, but there's not much in there at that time.

Hi, we will be on the Jewel in October for the first time. Where are the speciality coffees located if there is no diamond lounge. Any other information about where diamond events are held/found on the Jewel would be appreciated. Cheers, Jan

Hi, we will be on the Jewel in October for the first time. Where are the speciality coffees located if there is no diamond lounge. Any other information about where diamond events are held/found on the Jewel would be appreciated. Cheers, Jan

We were on her the end of April. We met in the Hollywood Odyssey, which is a lounge off of the Viking Crown Lounge. There were Diamond and Diamond Plus members there, and the drinks were available. I never once saw the loyalty ambassador. On the morning of debarkation, I saw her and told her how I enjoyed the lounge area with fabulous views and a fantastic bartender. She reprimanded me and said I was not supposed to be there, as the Diamond event was in the Viking Crown Lounge and I was in the Diamond Plus overflow area. The interesting thing is that our welcome letter said to meet in the Hollywood Odyssey.

The Jewel is a ship that you can truly relax with. We had great entertainment in the evening. My only complaint was the crowding in the main dining room. We were inches from the tables beside us and the poor waiters had to squeeze tightly in between and there was a lot of "bumping" and "excuse me" going on.

The DL on Indy is up in Viking Crown, with an outdoor area, coffee machine, and continental breakfast.

That's great to know about Indy. We are sailing on her this October for the first time and I like the ability to go outside. We are also in an OS, steps away from the CL. It will be interesting to see which we might use more often. :)

Without a DL, you're only option for "free" specialty coffee would be during breakfast in the Diamond area in the MDR.

There is not a dedicated Diamond Lounge on the Jewel until she goes into drydock in April.

We tremendously enjoyed cruising on Jewel back in 2013 on our S. Caribbean itinerary. It can only improve with the addition of a DL. When we finally get to cruise to Alaska, I am hoping that Jewel is doing the runs. We enjoyed our cruise on her that much. I am sure her sister ships in the Radiance class would be just as nice....but Jewel was great....the staff on board was wonderful. At that time we were Diamond, but I did not realize how I would enjoy the specialty coffee that is available only if their is a dedicated DL....so when they add the DL, it will be even nicer for those at that C&A level.

I may have misspoken when I phrased it like that.

Since the most "lax" dress code for dinner is "casual", you are asked to dress at least "casual" in the Concierge Lounge.

I know that there HAVE been cruises where it was more specific, but not all of them.

And don't ask me which was which! I keep some paperwork, but not all of it, and rarely the C&A stuff.

Rules change and and more lax on some ships! We were on a Transatlantic on the Oasis and shorts were not permitted in the Diamond Lounges! Men had to wear trousers and ladies crops, pants, or skirts! On the Liberty last month, shorts were allowed and we even saw pool cover-ups being worn at cocktail hour! It may depend on the cruise itinerary as well and they are more lax with Bermuda, Bahamas, and Caribbean cruises!

Another "newly diamond" question: :confused:

Does everything have to be consumed in the lounge? I'm going on the Navigator with my sisters in February and they are not diamond. I would like to get a specialty coffee in the morning but would like to take it to go so I can have breakfast with them. Or is that not allowed? I like the option of having the drinks loaded on the card so I can enjoy it with them at another bar. Will all the rules be in the cabin so I know?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the pins? I'm not sure I've ever received a pin for any level so I'm curious. :D

Thanks in advance!

Mary :)

Another "newly diamond" question: :confused:

Does everything have to be consumed in the lounge? I'm going on the Navigator with my sisters in February and they are not diamond. I would like to get a specialty coffee in the morning but would like to take it to go so I can have breakfast with them. Or is that not allowed? I like the option of having the drinks loaded on the card so I can enjoy it with them at another bar. Will all the rules be in the cabin so I know?

Also, does anyone have a picture of the pins? I'm not sure I've ever received a pin for any level so I'm curious. :D

Thanks in advance!

Mary :)

Specialty coffee is OK to take out of the lounge, they usually have to-go cups.

Drinks in the lounge are meant to be consumed in the lounge. However, they usually don't care much if you are taking a drink to dinner.

Drinks in the lounge are meant to be consumed in the lounge. However, they usually don't care much if you are taking a drink to dinner.

For the cocktail hours drinks, it varies from ship to ship. I have seen posts that in Legend of the Seas, you are not allowed to take cocktail hour drinks outside the lounge.

For the cocktail hours drinks, it varies from ship to ship. I have seen posts that in Legend of the Seas, you are not allowed to take cocktail hour drinks outside the lounge.

I agree, it does vary by Concierge. However, since the advent of the drink coupons, they don't seem to be as rigid about enforcing this.

Thanks. As far as the drinks on the card, they can be used at any bar daily during specific hours? Or is it specific bars? I was so excited about finally being able to use the lounge and don't know how much I will use it on the next cruise. :o

Thanks. As far as the drinks on the card, they can be used at any bar daily during specific hours? Or is it specific bars? I was so excited about finally being able to use the lounge and don't know how much I will use it on the next cruise. :o

Any bar, during the evening DL cocktail period. Note also that unused vouchers expire each evening, so you cannot accumulate them.