Ugh, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

ryano

Last year we sailed with a large group of bikers High Seas Rally when we booked we didn't know or were not told they were on board , I can honestly say we had no problems they were given a large room for their meetings and had their own dinning time , they were very well behaved as I'm sure they don't want it to be a one off experience .

• 1 year later...

with such a large ship and many venues, you may not be that much impacted.

However, my only experience was with a large church group......it was I would guess about half the ship. It had a HUGE impact on everything from getting a table to eat at, to the bars being dead, activities etc.......made for a really quiet, I would say almost boring cruise.

My last cruise, unknown to us, was also basically taken over by a very large religious group. Multiple venues

were closed to the rest of us. Many on our roll call thread reported really rude behavior from this group...not all, but

enough to notice. One crew member we had a conversation with, that was with the entertainment department, said all of

the crew members were talking about how this particular cruise was so hard to take with all of the rude treatment

from that group that were giving them a hard time. Even taking pictures of their name tags and threatening to report them!

They were not happy at all. Shame.

I am booked on this cruise too...really worried. Just contacted my TA who said RCI say they nothing about it??????

It would also cost £300 for us to switch cruises :mad:

The original post is from august 2015 about a cruise in April I assume 2016. Are you sure this is going to impact you?

Aha, looked further. This is a different cruise. A Halloween thing. Looks creepy not poppy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The original post is from august 2015 about a cruise in April I assume 2016. Are you sure this is going to impact you?

Aha, looked further. This is a different cruise. A Halloween thing. Looks creepy not poppy!

Yeah, old thread. The OP's cruise happened almost a year ago (wonder how it went?)...but still relevant

as far as not finding out in advance if your particular cruise has a large group on it. Guess we need

to research each time. Cruise lines won't tell you, unless the entire ship is booked, then you get a notice

your cruise was cancelled. Then again large groups can book after final payment too...then what? :eek: :(

OK I am confused- what cruise are we talking about now?? I can't find it

Our upcoming (9 days!) Oasis cruise has a group of around 1,000 for a gospel band and then a group of belly dancers. The person in our roll call who told us about the gospel group said that they had a lot of private functions, so the ship will probably seem less crowded. The belly dancers might give lessons by the pool.

Should be fun!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

This is what their website says:

* Please note this is not a charter ship and we will be a large group onboard. NOTE: If you do not buy into this group, and you do not buy from (deleted) you will not be permitted into any of the Dirty Pop at Sea with Lance Bass events. All events are private and for the customers that buy into this group off of this page only, or call xxx-xxx-xxxx. No exceptions will be made. So please be sure you purchase your cruise from (deleted).

No way in hell would I go on this cruise if I had the opportunity to cancel without penalty.

Totally agree....who knows what his followers' behaviors will be...they could be routy and take over the popular venues. Run, don't walk!

What is the website to check and see if a cruise has any groups?

Totally agree....who knows what his followers' behaviors will be...they could be routy and take over the popular venues. Run, don't walk!

What is the website to check and see if a cruise has any groups?

That cruise happened over a year ago. One poster dug it up from the archives.

Just found out through my roll call that there will be a rather large group of Nsync fans on my Allure cruise next April. Its known as "Dirty Pop at Sea with Lance Bass" cruise.

Im considering switching to another cruise but then of course I would lose my deal I got through the TA I switched my booking to. I got a CP balcony and 255.00 OBC for the same price I paid for an inside cabin when I booked this cruise on Freedom a few months ago.

What can one expect on a cruise like this? Closed venues Im guessing?

I guess its better than it being a full charter and getting cancelled altogether, or is it??? :o

Yikes, I am not one to look for compensation, or yell at someone for asking, maybe you can get some consideration of your current deal. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Our upcoming (9 days!) Oasis cruise has a group of around 1,000 for a gospel band and then a group of belly dancers. The person in our roll call who told us about the gospel group said that they had a lot of private functions, so the ship will probably seem less crowded. The belly dancers might give lessons by the pool.

Should be fun!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Forums mobile app

It would be interesting if they were the same group. "The Gospel Belly Dancers"........

...... spreading the word through shimmies and gyrations! :D

We happened to be on this cruise:

http://rockysrockincruises.com/pastrockinthecaribbean/vol-9/

which was likely a lot bigger then one for Lance Bass' radio show and ours was on a smaller ship (Freedom).

We never even noticed the group was on board, except when Bowser did a show for everyone on the ship one of the nights in the Arcadia.

I wouldn't worry about it... :)

Prior to one of my cruises, I found out that a "Back to the Future" group was booked on the cruise, and a bunch of actors from the movie were going to be onboard. I don't know how large the group ended up being, but I didn't notice anything different, other than a lounge closed one night for the group. Did not affect our cruise at all. It was Oasis BTW.

It would be interesting if they were the same group. "The Gospel Belly Dancers"........

...... spreading the word through shimmies and gyrations! :D

Reminds me of when I used to attend the Consumer Electronics Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The show was so large that it would overflow to the Sands Convention Center down the street. At the same time, the Sands Convention Center was hosting some sort of adult film convention. There was a common lobby are where attendees for both shows would be present. :eek: Made for interesting people watching.

Paula Dean had a 'food venue' on our Oasis of the Seas cruise last year and honestly aside from seeing the people walking around with special lanyards it didn't disrupt our cruise at all! We saw her in the Windjammer with her husband and some others at lunch one day and that was it! Apparently, all her talks and demonstrations were closed venues so we weren't affected.

Paula Dean is no Lance Bass...OP change your dates ;)

Reminds me of when I used to attend the Consumer Electronics Show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The show was so large that it would overflow to the Sands Convention Center down the street. At the same time, the Sands Convention Center was hosting some sort of adult film convention. There was a common lobby are where attendees for both shows would be present. :eek: Made for interesting people watching.

Pretty sure those two shows still happen concurrently. I need to get to Vegas for CES one of these years. [emoji23][emoji6]

OK I am confused- what cruise are we talking about now?? I can't find it

I looked up "dirty pop at sea" for 2017 and this year it's Lance Bass and a Halloween thing.

The person I was responding to was saying she's going to be on the "the same cruise" I assume as the OP, but the OP went on a cruise April of 2016.

Just found out through my roll call that there will be a rather large group of Nsync fans on my Allure cruise next April. Its known as "Dirty Pop at Sea with Lance Bass" cruise.

Im considering switching to another cruise but then of course I would lose my deal I got through the TA I switched my booking to. I got a CP balcony and 255.00 OBC for the same price I paid for an inside cabin when I booked this cruise on Freedom a few months ago.

What can one expect on a cruise like this? Closed venues Im guessing?

I guess its better than it being a full charter and getting cancelled altogether, or is it??? :o

I would change too.

I looked up "dirty pop at sea" for 2017 and this year it's Lance Bass and a Halloween thing.

The person I was responding to was saying she's going to be on the "the same cruise" I assume as the OP, but the OP went on a cruise April of 2016.

Hi

yes sorry I think I am confusing everyone I am on the allure Halloween one where it seems the same thing is happening [emoji15]

I've had this happen three times! First was Stampin up group. Bunch of middle age ladies acting like they were just let out of a zoo. Second was a few years ago with gay guys. They were fine--only problem was they hogged all the loungers by the solarium--all day long. Two weeks ago we were on Freedom with some country group. They made up 25% of the cruisers. Very noticeable everywhere but no problems. They did use the Star lounge every night. Games usually done in there were moved to the On Air club. A big plus was that they were so busy with their shows that pool loungers were always available and there were plenty of available seats the the theater each night. We have another cruise booked next year so I did a Google search. That one will have some Canadian Bible group! Seems like there's some sort of group on most every cruise nowadays. I wouldn't change my cruise if I were you.