anyone have luck having a charge removed?

eandj

DH is careful about keeping an eye on our folio while cruising. We had two bad experiences on another line. (rhymes with PAL ;)

Never having the problem on Princess, he just checks the account every two or 3 days. 5 princess cruises later wouldn't you know it, when we were sitting at the airport, he pulled out the final bill and lo and behold there's a $48 charge on the second to last day that we didn't purchase. Pretty obvious it's Princess' error as it was made in a different dining room.. on the same night we charged a bottle of our usual wine just an hour and a half earlier in our traditional seating dining room. (I was told later the charge was for a different wine and hard liquor drink..nothing we ordered previously)

We called Princess, who told us to call three days later. Did that and now told to call back in a week. The money won't bankrupt us, but we will continue to follow this thru.

Anyone have trouble getting the credit?

Edited by eandj

DH is careful about keeping an eye on our folio while cruising. We had two bad experiences on another line. (rhymes with PAL ;)

Never having the problem on Princess, he just checks the account every two or 3 days. 5 princess cruises later wouldn't you know it, when we were sitting at the airport, he pulled out the final bill and lo and behold there's a $48 charge on the second to last day that we didn't purchase. Pretty obvious it's Princess' error as it was made in a different dining room.. on the same night we charged a bottle of our usual wine just an hour and a half earlier in our traditional seating dining room. (I was told later the charge was for a different wine and hard liquor drink..nothing we ordered previously)

We called Princess, who told us to call three days later. Did that and now told to call back in a week. The money won't bankrupt us, but we will continue to follow this thru.

Anyone have trouble getting the credit?

All I can say is the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Lets just say lots of Squeak!! :(

Keep following up. You should eventually succeed. It's unfortunate you didn't catch this while onboard as it would have been much easier to correct. This is one reason I'm happy about the ability to check my folio on my phone. No need to run the printout and try to read that mess.

I was charged for a drink that should have been free with the BOGO and was able to see on my phone within minutes that the charge had been reversed. Checking daily is a good idea since it's so easy to do these days and one should definitely check before disembarking the ship.

Edited by Thrak

Ironically, we've only ever had issues on Princess, but we have caught them before we disembarked. One time wifi charges appeared on our final statement for the first time, backdated several days. We didn't even have a wifi device at the time, and had to wait in that long line on the last morning to get to straightened out. We weren't thrilled about that! Another time, a bottle of Dom Perignon was charged on embarkation day. When we questioned it, we were reminded that we had ordered champagne at embarkation day lunch 'for our group'. We were traveling alone. Extra drinks...we've had several wrong charges for those.

Only one time did we have an issue that needed to be resolved after our return. We were charged port charges for Princess Cays when we missed the port. Everyone was told that there were no port charges to be refunded. However, when we missed it on a later cruise we did get a refund. I wrote to Princess once we were home and it took over two months to get that refund. I guess others on that cruise simply missed out.

Good luck.

We didn't use the phone app for this cruise. Guess, yes, we will need to do that in the future. :o X offers it on their tv systems which is super handy and that we use daily for those account check ups.

DH is usually sooo "on" these kinds of things. He is kicking himself, while I attend to the fix. I like a challenge...when it pays off.;) Do you hear the squeak?

We have had several cruises with Princess that have had incorrect charges on our bill. So now, we get a print out every single night so that we can check on everything. Don't enjoy waiting on the lines when the machines are not working but because of past problems we just find it worth our time. Hope you can get your situation taken care of. We don't leave the ship without checking that final bill.

We didn't use the phone app for this cruise. Guess, yes, we will need to do that in the future. :o X offers it on their tv systems which is super handy and that we use daily for those account check ups.

This is one reason I'm happy about the ability to check my folio on my phone. No need to run the printout and try to read that mess.

Which app is this? The Princess@Sea one? Thanks.

We have had a couple of problems on our bills.

The first was when we were charged for laundry when we were in a suite - it was immediately removed the day we reported the error.

The second was when we were charge for the bottle of wine we had and the wine package on the first night. That took a little longer to sort out as, by the time we saw the error, we had some 'punches' on our wine package card and they need to go back and check through, but it was all sorted long before the end of the cruise.

On other lines and in various hotels, I have had other folk's drinks signed for against my room, but it was very easy to check that it was not my signature on the check, though I have never found anyone else's check charged to my account on Princess.

Which app is this? The Princess@Sea one? Thanks.

Yes, Princess@Sea. I had downloaded it at home, but had to have it redone by the techie in the Internet Cafe. I was able to check my folio daily as well as read the Patter, all on my iPhone. Very convenient.

Another new thing I learned from this site, thank you!

I hate all the wastage of paper to check our folios daily so will be trying this out on our next cruise for sure.

Have had a couple of erroneous charges but caught them pretty quickly and were resolved on board.

Hope you get your situation resolved soon OP.

Edited by bigenna

We've had a few minor incorrect charges over the years but the biggest one was when the bill for the previous occupants of our cabin was carried over to our bill as if we had done a B2B. That was a shock. Once I explained that we hadn't been on the previous cruise it was eventually taken care of but first they had to get the supervisor involved.

We found that it was extremely difficult to have anything corrected after we left the ship. It took us over a year and meeting someone who knew someone that worked at Princess to finally get a refund. Now we always check our account every few days and before we leave the ship. It was a hassle unfortunately.

Keep following up. You should eventually succeed. It's unfortunate you didn't catch this while onboard as it would have been much easier to correct. This is one reason I'm happy about the ability to check my folio on my phone. No need to run the printout and try to read that mess.

I was charged for a drink that should have been free with the BOGO and was able to see on my phone within minutes that the charge had been reversed. Checking daily is a good idea since it's so easy to do these days and one should definitely check before disembarking the ship.

How do you check it on your phone? Is it with the new app that Princess has?

Tom:)

Had two charges revered, both were hand written slips (do they even still exist) no issue having them reversed, I did worry dies this come back on the staff.

I suspect a rushed staff member transposed some digits nd that led to the issue. I just hope that it didn't. Come out of their pay.

How do you check it on your phone? Is it with the new app that Princess has?

Tom:)

The app is not needed. You just follow the instructions - I think they were in the patter - and go to the intranet site for the ship you are on and make an account. It was really very easy. As far as I know the app only adds in push notifications if someone sends you a message over the system.

Too bad you didn't catch this while still on board. I hope Princess corrects your bill now. If not , contact your credit card company. Refusing to pay this charge should get some action.

My experience was that disputing the amount of the charge with the credit card company was a colossal waste of time. When they requested additional evidence I sent them copies of my correct final room statement which showed a different amount that what was actually charged to my card by Princess (what happened to me was some charges by my cabinmate, who set up her own card, somehow strayed onto my card even though our separate printed folios were correct (don't ask me how)). In the end the card company said without Princess admitting directly to them that the higher amount was their error I was responsible for it--plus I was expected to pay the finance charges that accumulated during the dispute! Finally after another month of repeatedly calling Princess they issued the credit (and the finance charge was re-adjusted).

As the final statement arrives in the wee hours on the morning of disembarkation, checking becomes difficult.

Keep trying and good luck.

I check it the last full day.

Then I know what the total should be on the final (after adding any new purchases to that earlier look) and can easily know if there is an error.

I had an incorrect charge removed when a glass of wine was charged to my account in the MDR when I was on the AIBP. The Caribbean Princess service desk removed the charge, but added it back to my account immediately before I disembarked. Unfortunately, I had a very early morning post disembarkation tour, and so I didn't have time to have the incorrect charge removed again. It was only $7, and as others have said, $7 won't break me, but it was still annoying. If it's worth it, you may want to consider disputing the charge with your credit card company.

Edited by Mackenzie1

The app is not needed. You just follow the instructions - I think they were in the patter - and go to the intranet site for the ship you are on and make an account. It was really very easy. As far as I know the app only adds in push notifications if someone sends you a message over the system.

Does this use up internet minutes, (which accumulate quickly because of the snail paced internet on-board), or is it a no charge option?