Captain's Club Points

M&Dcruisers

How do you book guarantees on the site and are they usually that much cheaper?

If offered they will be advertised on the site... Generally the cheapest option in that cabin grade... The amount you can save is sometimes better then others but just remember you might not be as lucky as some and get a bad cabin location within the lowest grade of the category you booking in?

If offered they will be advertised on the site... Generally the cheapest option in that cabin grade... The amount you can save is sometimes better then others but just remember you might not be as lucky as some and get a bad cabin location within the lowest grade of the category you booking in?

My friend did a Guarantee and got a cabin under a treadmill. Luckily, she had earplugs from the flight with her.

good point, I have got the occasional GTY but generally only when they offer no perks anyway.:D

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was able to upgrade to an Aqua Guarantee and keep all of my perks from the 123 Promo this past Sunday.

I did this as well as tons of people from my roll call. this is exactly the opposite of what happened this spring, when my entire roll call tried to upgrade and pay a higher price, but we were all told even with the higher price we would lose all perks.

So for the Guarantee I was able to keep everything and for other people they were able to keep everything for standard rate upgrade but you can't do any of this with Resident Rate or with Senior Rate.

So it doesn't

Boy, you're not kidding about getting a bad cabin with GTY.

Our first X cruise was a ocean view cabin, GTY. We were lead to believe that it would have a big window but when we were assigned to one wayyy forward with a tiny porthole, ugh. And our TA had gone out of town so X wouldn't budge on the location. I still have that picture of my husband sitting on the bed with that tiny porthole and the saddest expression on his face. And I've never gotten him a cabin without a balcony again! And he would never book a GTY again either!

What does this mean??:confused:

We have a balcony guarantee booked and have the beverage package and OBC.

Don't worry about it you will have your perks, don't know why or where this incorrect info came from or was posted...I booked B2B GRTY and got OBC, grats and bev package on BOTH!

I guess that's the risk you take... Some you win some you lose... Personally I've only done it once from a standard balcony to an aqua class GTY! And although we were allocated one of the cabins with the window washing equipment in view it wasn't a problem for us... But now we tend to book early and book the cabin we want so no surprises or disappointments! [emoji16]

How many points for a suite guarantee? Does anyone know.

Thanks

That's a good question, I'd assume you get the points based on the suite you get assigned to since they don't spell out points for GTY cabins.

I would think that if you booked a Concierge GTY and got assigned to a Suite by luck, you'd get Concierge points only though....as they say you get points based on what you paid for.

Will be following to see if anyone has a definite answer here....

I booked a 2C guarantee and was given a C3 cabin. Will I be given Captain's Club points for the 2C cabin or the Concierge class cabin?

They would know!

Contact Captain's Club

Phone

U.S. & Canada:

UK:

0844 481 7687

Outside US, Canada and UK:

You receive the points for the cabin you paid for.

But the issue here, is they paid for a Suite Guarantee. Suites have 3 levels of points, whereas all other classes of GTY have only 1 tier of points.

A Sky Suite earns 8 points, CS/RS 12, PH 18.

So do they give points for lowest class Suite no matter what or do you get what you sailed in when you book a GTY....

But the issue here, is they paid for a Suite Guarantee. Suites have 3 levels of points, whereas all other classes of GTY have only 1 tier of points.

A Sky Suite earns 8 points, CS/RS 12, PH 18.

So do they give points for lowest class Suite no matter what or do you get what you sailed in when you book a GTY....

That would make sense,

When you book a lower category's GTY and get a higher category cabin, you only get the points for what you booked.

That would make sense,

When you book a lower category's GTY and get a higher category cabin, you only get the points for what you booked.

But if booking a Suite Guarantee, you are not booking a Sky suite, or a Royal suite or a PH. You are booking a suite, the type to be determined.

How do they determine which of those points to give, 8, for SS, 12 for RS/CS or 18 for PH?

It's an issue unique to suites. Do you get points o the suite category actually sailed in if booking a Suite GTY?

But if booking a Suite Guarantee, you are not booking a Sky suite, or a Royal suite or a PH. You are booking a suite, the type to be determined.

How do they determine which of those points to give, 8, for SS, 12 for RS/CS or 18 for PH?

It's an issue unique to suites. Do you get points o the suite category actually sailed in if booking a Suite GTY?

I just don't know.

However, something tells me (business sense) if you book a suite GTY (cheapest price) that you will get the lowest points available for suites. (8). I cannot imagine X giving away too much as the various suites already have various perks that go with each category.