What do you request?

music

On first meeting our room attendant, we ask that the mini-bar be emptied and for different pillows. I like a memory foam pillow and my husband likes a body pillow. They're both there when we come back to our cabin after dinner.

They don't disappear after the introduction, so you don't have to have a list to hand them from the first meeting. Take stock of your room and consider what else you may need to suit your needs. They're always just a phone call away.

On first meeting our room attendant, we ask that the mini-bar be emptied and for different pillows. I like a memory foam pillow and my husband likes a body pillow. They're both there when we come back to our cabin after dinner.

Same with us. Clear out fridge and leave extra wine glasses. Fill ice bucket. Please and thank you. I like the pillow idea!

We always ask to have the minibar emptied, as well as ice service twice a day. Last couple of cruises, we had to ask for the ice-bucket, as well. :rolleyes: If we have the nice heavy-duty towels, two will suffice. But, if not -- we ask to have a couple of extra bath towels stocked. The pillows are usually OK, but I've had to request something else, a few times. After that, we're usually good to go. :cool:

Remember that the cabin attendant is quite busy the first day. The more requests, the busier they become. Should also note that since rooms aren't usually ready until after 1:00pm your cabin attendant may not see you until right before the Muster Drill. I have the advantage of access to Michael's Club so I let the person who contacts me any special requests, such as pillows u can always contact Celebrity prior to your cruise.you have special needs . That way they can be brought into the room as it is being prepared. As others have said, the cabin attendant is just a call away so no real need to give a large list at the first meeting.

What do you ask of your room steward on day one? We are new to Celebrity and booked Aqua. Many cruises on RCL, but this is all new to us!

Anything special you request when you board?

If they do job properly-nothing. I don't even care if I don't see him/her ever on first day or during the cruise.

We have a list ready when we get to the stateroom:

1. Isotonic pillows for both of us.

2. Empty the refrigerator.

3. Ice service 2x each day.

If we don't see him, we leave it on the bed and everything is taken care of by the time we retire that night. We've been blessed with amazing stewards!

Our last cruise also included opening the dividers between staterooms as we had four in a row for family and this gave us a huge balcony!

To answer the person asking about emptying the refrigerator. We have it emptied so that we can store extra waters. It doesn't keep anything cold anyway, so a place to store a few cool waters is great.

Just curious to everyone who empties the fridge, what do you put in it? I know you can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom. How about wine glasses for the room?

Usually water bottles.

Its also my way of saying "We don't plan to use the mini-bar, so take it all away, and make sure we don't get charged for anything".

I ask for:

Ice bucket 2x a day

One extra bath towel every day (so we have 3 instead of only 2)

2 extra pillows

And if they have stowed away any extra stuff in our cabinets (Blankets, beach towels) I ask them to take them so we have room for our stuff. I think they hide things in certain staterooms so they will have them available.

One cruise we had 4 wine glasses, 4 water glasses, 4 drink glasses. I looked at my husband and said what is this guy hoarding things?

On our recent cruise on Silhouette we had to ask the room steward to empty the bathroom of the previous occupant's waste (very personal waste) and also many of their personal possessions which were left in the bathroom drawers. We also had to ask him for a pen, some binoculars (we were in Aqua) and we gave up on the notepaper. Throughout the cruise we had to ask whenever we wanted the toiletries replenished. No, we didn't stash them in our luggage. I guess we didn't have a very good room steward but it was not a happy start to the cruise.

Just a couple of the usual things:

• Feather pillows
  • Wine Glasses
  • Champagne Glasses
  • Ice bucket for wine
  • Fill mini bar with ONLY Coke and Coors beer
  • Replace duvet with blanket
  • Water pitcher filled half way with ice refreshed 3x daily
  • Two extra towels folded in a square (not rectangular) with each towel change
  • Bed's put together every morning but separated at turn down
  • Loungers for the deck
  • Three extra sitting chairs
  • extra hangers
  • store luggage for us
  • Cardboard box covered with sheet for laundry bin
  • Extra bottled water on counter
  • Towel animals daily (No Monkeys!!)
  • Cleaned and sanitized glasses daily (no cleaning with dusting cloth)
  • 14 rolls of extra toilet paper
  • 3 extra boxes of Kleenex
  • two copies of daily program each evening
  • Blanket to use as covering for fake leather sofa
  • Roll of string
  • Extra laundry bags and forms
  • And a partridge in a pear tree!

Edited by Crazy Cruzer

Remove mini bar items.

If cruising with family or friends in the next cabin, ask for the balcony divider to be removed.

Other than that, we think we are pretty low maintenance and we don't ask for anything else the rest of the cruise.

Most of the time, the included items are okay. I ask for extra towels if I am not in concierge class. Concierge has thicker towels. 2 concierge towels = 4 standard towels. I requested a firm mattress pad on one cruise where the bed was too soft. On cruises in hot climates, I bring my own insulated water bottle which I ask that it be filled with ice and water. For my CPAP machine, I request distilled water and an extension cord. I also ask for a sharps container for used needles for diabetic meds. Celebrity is excellent at supplying the needs for me. They also keep my requests on file in the special needs to be filled on future cruises.

Most of the time, the included items are okay. I ask for extra towels if I am not in concierge class. Concierge has thicker towels. 2 concierge towels = 4 standard towels. I requested a firm mattress pad on one cruise where the bed was too soft. On cruises in hot climates, I bring my own insulated water bottle which I ask that it be filled with ice and water. For my CPAP machine, I request distilled water and an extension cord. I also ask for a sharps container for used needles for diabetic meds. Celebrity is excellent at supplying the needs for me. They also keep my requests on file in the special needs to be filled on future cruises.

Have always completed a "Special Needs" form for each cruise. How did you have Celebrity keep one of file for you?

Do ask for the extension cord for CPAP to be taped down or covered with a flat mat to decrease risk for tripping hazzard.