Junior Suites "Perks"

Check in as a suite guest.

Double C&A points

Coffee maker and kettle for tea

Usually a tub and a walk-in closet

Those are the general amenities. YMMV by ship.

That's pretty much it...

It's a great way to cruise....you're getting great space, but without paying for the "perks" the higher suites get! And when you book a GS or higher, you are paying for those perks...in a big way!

Edited by cb at sea

IMO not worth the $$. You get double points and a bathtub. That is about it. Will take my balcony and save the $$. Since you are D already, other than a bigger cabin, I just don't see the allure of a JS vs a balcony. Extra perks are not worth the extra $$

Well worth it for us. In fact, DH prefers it to a GS (he just loves that closet and was bummed when our first GS didn't have it - go figure). We like to spend time relaxing in the cabin and have become a bit spoiled over the years.

I stayed in an Oasis JS a few weeks ago with my 2 teens (a 17 y/o boy and 14 y/o girl.) It was well worth it to us for the extra space. We actually spend a lot of time in the cabin and there was room for all of us to spread out - it feels more like a good sized hotel room rather than a cruise ship cabin. My daughter and I loved having a real tub which makes shaving legs a lot easier. And that walk in closet is great. Plenty of room for all our suitcases and clothes and still room for my son to change. Not to mention our hump balcony :)

We didn't use the robes or the coffee maker, but we did enjoy the short embarkation line. I would book it again in a heartbeat, even if they took away the minimal "perks."

Also robes and upgraded bathroom amenities.

We get that anyway as D+. Never use the robes, way to heavy and hot. I bring my own toiletries, so getting that for the cost of a JS is not worth it to me. I know lots of people love it, but a balcony gives us everything we need. We are in our cabin to sleep and get ready to do stuff. Hubby has a drink on the balcony while I get ready and we enjoy sitting out there in the early AM before we get into port and at the end of the day before sail away or a night cap. That is about it.

I guess that is the difference for us. We are either out on an island as soon as we can get off or up at the pool. We don't spend time in our cabin relaxing. To us relaxing is laying at a beach or the pool.

Want the balcony but don't need anything above that.

Edited by karena1

It's a great way to cruise....you're getting great space, but without paying for the "perks" the higher suites get! And when you book a GS or higher, you are paying for those perks...in a big way!

I totally agree! I love the extra space and the bathtub!

We have booked a JS on Legend of the Seas on the HK to Brisbane trip and this will be our first suite. From our first cruise (and we have only done 2 so far), we have always booked a balcony so we can sit out in the open air if we want to at our cabin. We spend a bit of time relaxing in the cabin so we wouldn't like being cooped up with no fresh air. Since my fiancé wouldn't go back to an Ocean View or Inside now and we were lucky to be in a position to afford a JS at the time, we booked one on Legend OTS for our next trip and both of us are really looking forward to it. Our last trip on Carnival Spirit was great and the room (a 9B Premium Balcony) was huge and suited us perfectly. With Legend being a smaller ship and since we were on a longer trip this time, I was worried that we wouldn't have the space in a normal balcony room on Legend so we decided to book the JS which is a very similar size to the Carnival Spirit room we had. Not sure if we would get a GS or above because the price hike is a bit extreme and we would prefer to spend our cash saved on shore excursions or other stuff on the ship. We were also very careful to choose wisely with the suite as we didn't want rolling trolleys & people jumping above our heads, :eek: I'm a light sleeper and did my research before we booked! We are really looking forward to our trip, not long to go now! :D

IMO not worth the $$. You get double points and a bathtub. That is about it. Will take my balcony and save the $$. Since you are D already, other than a bigger cabin, I just don't see the allure of a JS vs a balcony. Extra perks are not worth the extra $$

Depends on the price! I have gotten a JS twice for only a couple hundred dollars more than a balcony with the sales in the past few years... $1,193 for one next Sept... Once you go "JS", you'll want one everytime.... If you can catch a sale.

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the extra space, the larger bathtub (not a tiny cylinder shower), the spacious walk in closet, the double points (woo hoo!) and the priority boarding... No brainer.... If ya take advantage of the sales...

We just went from a Mini-Suite on Star Princess to the Concierge Class (Balcony w/ Benefits) on Celebrity. Let me tell you, walking into that smaller room after two weeks in a Mini-Suite was a shock. We've cancelled all our balcony rooms, for JS.

On a side note, we stayed in a GS on Grandeur, our only suite so far on Royal Caribbean, and we actually liked the JS furniture better in the Vision class ships! But there are other perks for GS that we liked too.

Edited by knittinggirl

We're looking forward to our first JS on the Allure in November. We had a balcony cabin on our last 2 Oasis cruises and it was very small. We had previously sailed with HAL in their Neptune suites so we were very spoiled. We use our room quite a bit and enjoy sitting on our balcony so a larger balcony, a larger bath and a nice closet will be most welcome in the JS.

One question....someone posted that there is shampoo and conditioner in the JS. Is it in a dispenser or those mini bottles? I have thick hair and need lots of conditioner so if I don't have to bring my own, that's more room in my bag for something else.

We're looking forward to our first JS on the Allure in November. We had a balcony cabin on our last 2 Oasis cruises and it was very small. We had previously sailed with HAL in their Neptune suites so we were very spoiled. We use our room quite a bit and enjoy sitting on our balcony so a larger balcony, a larger bath and a nice closet will be most welcome in the JS.

One question....someone posted that there is shampoo and conditioner in the JS. Is it in a dispenser or those mini bottles? I have thick hair and need lots of conditioner so if I don't have to bring my own, that's more room in my bag for something else.

On the Oasis, it was individual bottles of Gilchrist & Soames toiletries in our JS.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Forums mobile app