Turn A Round Time - Laundry

elkay68

What is the turnaround time for laundry on celebrity? We have been spoiled with HAL in that we would get our laundry back later the same day or the next. We are sailing in a suite so not sure if that matters? Trying to figure out how much to pack.

On the Silhouette, we would hand it in (leave in cabin) in the morning, and had it back by next day, usually late morning, early afternoon. You could pay a 50% fee and get it back the same day. We were select, and each received a 10% coupon for laundry

laundry.pdf

Thank you for the replies. We are elites and like the laundry coupns.....however HAL's laundry perk can't be beat. We put laundry out every night! And most stuff comes back on hangers and tshirts have never looked so good:)

Not recently. Dress Shirts came back folded, and wrinkled. You have to request that they be pressed if they go in laundry.

Maybe depends on the ship....We were on the Silhouette Aug 8-22. used the Laundry services twice..pants and shirts came back on hangars..underwear and socks in the bag!

We had to ask for our laundry, it was 3 days and it still wasn't back. Apparently the form which we filled in should have been in triplicate. We only had the white top sheet, so filled it in and sent that.

Our room steward went down to the laundry and found it for us.

The next lot came back by lunch time the following day ( normal turn round)

We had to ask for our laundry, it was 3 days and it still wasn't back. Apparently the form which we filled in should have been in triplicate. We only had the white top sheet, so filled it in and sent that.....
Yes, it is a 3 part form.

The white top one is the one that you keep yourself.

The other 2 copies (pink and yellow, if I am recalling correctly) are the ones you are supposed to send them along with your bag of laundry.

At the bottom of the laundry form, it states which copy goes where.

Our own experience has also been that laundry and dry cleaning we send out usually comes back the next day.

If we send something for pressing only, it usually comes back later the same day.

For permanent press items, we put a notation to wash and tumble dry only.

Otherwise, they may flat iron it on one of those big machines that presses in creases where you don't want them.

Edited by varoo

Glad to hear that! Anyone know if dresses, tops and knitwear come on hangers too and could I trust my cashmere jumpers with the laundry team? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify my question - I'm not suggesting theft, just will they be kind to the knitwear!

If your cashmere jumpers can tolerate being washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer, the answer is yes. I suspect they cannot. You could have them dry cleaned.

I have never had any laundry come back on hangers unless I paid the per piece price. What you send out in a bag comes back in the same bag. Usually somewhat wrinkled.

Linda

.......I have never had any laundry come back on hangers unless I paid the per piece price. What you send out in a bag comes back in the same bag. Usually somewhat wrinkled.
I am surprised to see this because our laundry has always come back in a different bag.

It has never come back in the same bag in which we sent it out.

(Maybe it could be because I mangle the original bag too badly to re-use in the way I fold the top over to close it. ;) )

Usually our laundry does not come back on hangers.

Only dry cleaning and pressing comes back that way, although occasionally we have had pants and/or shirts come back from the laundry on hangers.

Sometimes the laundry comes back wrinkled, just stuffed into the bag, but other times it is folded neatly.

Maybe it just varies depending on the person who happens to be handling your laundry that day, or how busy they are that day.

Over all, most times they seem to do a good job of folding t-shirts and polo shirts neatly.

On HAL they actually paired up our socks and folded them. We have never had Celebrity do that.

Edited by varoo

Service varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise. I had new slacks come back looking like pajamas....ruined. Husband's jacket hung like rag after being dry cleaned.

Last time we received our laundry and the laundry of a much smaller man and woman. I sorted ours out and gave other folks clothing to room attendant. Have spoken to others who had similar experience and had to have Guest Services assist in getting their items back and other cruisers items returned. As someone posted, depends on who in minding the store.

I now only send undershorts, panties, pj's and tshirts which come back fine. I would never send slacks, smart casual tops or husband's shirts for laundry even though the service is free for us as Elite +.

we only use the two free bags..one for white and one for darks..nothing we cannot afford to lose or have ruined. . Always comes back quickly & perfect.

. Hate the little labels...if you forget to take them off they are scratchy.

One time there was a puff back on aft on Silhouette...our white clothing and undies socks etc were ashen.. Celebrity took them to the laundry right away and came back quickly..perfect job..never thought that oily mess would come out..bet they used alot of bleach...

Since this will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we will do a transatlantic cruise, we have decided to just rinse out some basic clothes on our own. My friends have stated need to be careful with the laundry, as they have had damaged clothes and some others have had reactions to some soaps. Just not worth the money or aggravation to us.

Since this will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we will do a transatlantic cruise, we have decided to just rinse out some basic clothes on our own. My friends have stated need to be careful with the laundry, as they have had damaged clothes and some others have had reactions to some soaps. Just not worth the money or aggravation to us.

We did a combo. People next to us - well, early in the cruise we noticed our balcony had a large puddle of water. Next night we found out why - it was the run off from their laundry washing. Blech. On our last night their undies blew onto our balcony (under the divider). (They stomped around until midnight and started up again around 6am. Would yell at each other from balcony to bathroom. Neighbours from hell).

Since this will be our first cruise on Celebrity and we will do a transatlantic cruise, we have decided to just rinse out some basic clothes on our own.

On S class ships, there is nowhere to hang your laundry to dry( M class have a retractable line in the shower)

I have a pegging device which I take with me, which I hang on the back of a chair on the balcony:( link to picture, post 9, first picture)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1962177

I used it on our recent Baltic cruise and my smalls didn't dry, but the weather was cloudy and cool.

One day we came back soaking wet. I arranged my clothes on a hanger, which I put on the high 'knobs' in the shower cubicle. The fan dried them efficiently.

Edited by upwarduk

On our cruise this summer I brought clips and little bungie ropes to hang our laundry and I did not want to put on balcony. We were on Royal and it a higher end suite and it did have the retractable rope for laundry....however I think my DH was embarrassed as we can afford the room but not the laundry😄 so I am not doing any laundry on our upcoming cruise.

We have used their laundry service on every cruise we have taken and had no problems, whether we paid for it or took advantage of the 2 free coupons. Shirts, trousers, shorts, dresses and skirts were all on hangers. Everything else was folded properly and delivered in a paper bag.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser