Guests in Diamond Lounge

Maybe. I just dont see how someone that is Diamond doesnt know they cant bring guests that are not Diamond in the lounge with them. Again, Ive known this for several years and Im only Gold.

I have spent countless hours on here though :o

I would consider it question in good faith if it were about a cabinmate. But the other person wants to bring two couples, four people! They know that would be wrong.

Well, I am not sure what Royal would do if the people were in the same cabin, yet had different C&A status levels. I had always thought that the cruisers had to have the same 'home address' and be in the same cabin to qualify for the higher benefits of one of the cruisers.

Notwithstanding that, the OP did not say anything about people staying in the same cabin. The query was regarding two other couples that were cruising along with them.

My cabin mate (adult daughter) was not allowed to come with me into the lounge. RCCL. Does not extend privileges to cabin mates.

M

I did not know about the free drinks, and will be Diamond on my Transatlantic cruise in May. Since I always order a drink package, can I use my three free drinks at a bar and give them to my friends, who will not be Diamond? I may stick my head in the Diamond Lounge, but likely will not attend more than once.

The Answer to your question is No. The good news and as you may already know, you (Diamond members) get 3 drinks each every night pre loaded on to your sea pass card so you can enjoy you friends company and your free drinks at any bar and don't need to squeeze it to a usually packed Diamond lounge. The free drinks are available at the same time cocktails are available in the Diamond lounge and not just any time of day. Enjoy.

I did not know about the free drinks, and will be Diamond on my Transatlantic cruise in May. Since I always order a drink package, can I use my three free drinks at a bar and give them to my friends, who will not be Diamond? I may stick my head in the Diamond Lounge, but likely will not attend more than once.

technically no. the free drinks are for YOUR enjoyment as a D member. to do otherwise is violating the spirit of the perk at best and could be construed as abuse at worst.

of course I am sure a hundred people will jump in and tell you they are your free drinks to do with as you please or that they had no problem whatsoever 'sharing' the bounty.

I don't see why not. If I could find someone who doesn't have a drink package I'll gladly give them my 3 drinks since I always get the premium package. I also never set foot in the Diamond Lounge or Concierge Lounge.

DH and I are Diamond level and are cruising the end of the month with two other couples who are not Diamond level. Will they be allowed access to the Diamond Lounge as our guests?

Terry from Georgia

No.

Not sure what the other 100 posts here are surely arguing over

Not really much of a perk, since I will already have free drinks since I always buy the drink package. Diamond level doesn't sound like it is of much use. I think the Diamond club space on the Navigator was much better when it was a sports bar.

technically no. the free drinks are for YOUR enjoyment as a D member. to do otherwise is violating the spirit of the perk at best and could be construed as abuse at worst.

of course I am sure a hundred people will jump in and tell you they are your free drinks to do with as you please or that they had no problem whatsoever 'sharing' the bounty.

Edited by CruisinChaos

Not really much of a perk, since I will already have free drinks since I always buy the drink package. Diamond level doesn't sound like it is of much use. I think the Diamond club space on the Navigator was much better when it was a sport bar.

You have "free drinks because you "BUY" the drink package. Isn't that an oxymoron?

Not really much of a perk, since I will already have free drinks since I always buy the drink package. Diamond level doesn't sound like it is of much use. I think the Diamond club space on the Navigator was much better when it was a sports bar.

Not everyone uses the diamond lounge just for the free drinks. It's a quiet place during the day to have a cup of coffee and relax. Also for many frequent cruisers it's a good place to meet old friends, and make new ones. Other diamond perks, such as balcony discount as an example, are appreciated by many of us.

I buy the package because it is cost effective for me to do so - after I use up the cost of the drink package for the day - the remaining drinks for that day are "Free". The perk Diamond drinks at the restricted time period, and not buying the drink package, would not be cost effective.

I buy the package because it is cost effective for me to do so - after I use up the cost of the drink package for the day - the remaining drinks for that day are "Free". The perk Diamond drinks at the restricted time period, and not buying the drink package, would not be cost effective.

Voucher drinks for Diamonds are for personal use. If you've bought a package and can't use the vouchers so be it.

On our last cruise the barman didn't mind that couples were sharing their drink vouchers with their non diamond traveling conpanions . They were going to a bar and getting glasses of wine to take into dinner.

On our last cruise the barman didn't mind that couples were sharing their drink vouchers with their non diamond traveling conpanions . They were going to a bar and getting glasses of wine to take into dinner.

The three free drinks are intended for the Diamond or D+ member.

It really doesn't matter what the bartenders do. Inventory is strictly counted and if the corporate headquarters gets wind of abuses, it will put the entire program at risk!

The three free drinks are intended for the Diamond or D+ member.

It really doesn't matter what the bartenders do. Inventory is strictly counted and if the corporate headquarters gets wind of abuses, it will put the entire program at risk!

We didn't do it only saw the Barmen tell them it was no problems. He said how the members used there 3 drinks was up to them.But He could only give them 3 drinks per Diamond member.If they then choose to drink the drinks or share them with their guest was up to them.I did see them give the waiter a tip for each drink.

Only on one cruise were we asked to show our SeaPass cards....Most Concierge's we have sailed with have been amazing at "facial recognition"...even one that asked us where our adult children were that first night (they were D at that time cruising with us)...we were blown away.
The last two cruises, Quantum and Grandeur, the Concierge has asked everyone who entered for there seapass cards the first night. After that is was hello Mr. or Mrs. so and so....:)

We've never seen it anywhere near this dead. A few years ago, before the coupons, there were so many people in the lounge you could hardly navigate to the bathrooms, this was a transatlantic. The following cruise, 30-40 people was a big night.
this year on four different ships, the concierge lounge looked like this every night.

I've been reading a few posts about folks commenting that they have D+ luggage tags but for future info, what is printed on the luggage tag is meaningless.

The correct status should be on the sea pass.

And I see you note that they were checking names against a list. I have only seen that once. It must be a new process.

M

Each Concierge has a computer generated list on each cruise for D+ and Pinnacle.

Let's see you BUY the drink package so your drinks are free???...Now I've heard it all!.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The concept is very simple.. once you have used up the cost of the drink package for the day, then the REMAINING drinks for that day are free. Break even is around 7-8 drinks.

Let's see you BUY the drink package so your drinks are free???...Now I've heard it all!.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The concept is very simple.. once you have used up the cost of the drink package for the day, then the REMAINING drinks for that day are free. Break even is around 7-8 drinks.

Well, good for you.... I guess. But, your comments really have nothing to do with being D or the lounge or drink coupons. Anyone who views the drink package the way you do doesn't need to be D or above. The rest of us do see it as a perk.

Edited by BND