Guests in Diamond Lounge

The three free drinks are intended for the Diamond or D+ member.

It really doesn't matter what the bartenders do. Inventory is strictly counted and if the corporate headquarters gets wind of abuses, it will put the entire program at risk!

We didn't do it only saw the Barmen tell them it was no problems. He said how the members used there 3 drinks was up to them.But He could only give them 3 drinks per Diamond member.If they then choose to drink the drinks or share them with their guest was up to them.I did see them give the waiter a tip for each drink.

I can only tell you the experience we had. DH and I are both Diamond's. We were sitting on the Promenade when we were on Allure, and DH went into the bar to get two glasses of wine during 'lounge hours for Diamonds'. Bartender told DH he could not get two glasses of wine, even using two of his pre-loaded coupons on his sea pass card. DH pointed to me and told him that my wife is the other Diamond that the wine is for and was told to please get my sea pass card so he could deduct one coupon from my card and the other from his card. We did not mind that the bartender was making sure policies were followed....as long as they are followed for ALL. Sure DH could have taken two separate trips to the bar (gotten two different bartenders) and who would have known if DH was actually giving the drink to another eligible person or not. That is not our way.

Hopefully the next night, if we had the same bartender, he might remember....in actuality, the next night, I just gave my sea pass card to my DH, so the issue would not have come up. We follow policies, and expect others to do so as well.....we know not everyone does.

The concept is very simple.. once you have used up the cost of the drink package for the day, then the REMAINING drinks for that day are free. Break even is around 7-8 drinks.

the thought of drinking 7-8 drinks a day every day in the heart and humidity of the Caribbean makes me feel sick. and no I do not drink bottled water, specialty coffee or fresh squeezed OJ

the thought of drinking 7-8 drinks a day every day in the heart and humidity of the Caribbean makes me feel sick. and no I do not drink bottled water, specialty coffee or fresh squeezed OJ

I agree....even if you do drink bottled water, specialty coffee (which I do and can get usually in the DL) and fresh squeezed -- adding those drinks (which generally have a lower cost than bar drinks), I would have to drink more than 12 drinks per day or possibly more to break even....I might never leave the bathroom to enjoy the other sights on the ship. On port days I could never drink enough for it to be economical.

Same for me. I just couldn't imagine drinking that much of anything. I like water but tap is fine. Don't drink any coffee or oj. So not worth it for me.

I can only tell you the experience we had. DH and I are both Diamond's. We were sitting on the Promenade when we were on Allure, and DH went into the bar to get two glasses of wine during 'lounge hours for Diamonds'. Bartender told DH he could not get two glasses of wine, even using two of his pre-loaded coupons on his sea pass card. DH pointed to me and told him that my wife is the other Diamond that the wine is for and was told to please get my sea pass card so he could deduct one coupon from my card and the other from his card. We did not mind that the bartender was making sure policies were followed....as long as they are followed for ALL. Sure DH could have taken two separate trips to the bar (gotten two different bartenders) and who would have known if DH was actually giving the drink to another eligible person or not. That is not our way.

Interesting... Also Allure: Rising Tide Bar - they only had a look on our card and saw Diamond and we got our drinks without ever swiping the card. Once our DD (minor, but Diamond on her own) was with us and I politely asked whether she can have a Diet Coke on one of my vouchers. No problem at all (again Rising Tide Bar, no cards swiped).

steamboats

Hopefully the next night, if we had the same bartender, he might remember....in actuality, the next night, I just gave my sea pass card to my DH, so the issue would not have come up. We follow policies, and expect others to do so as well.....we know not everyone does.

We have had the opposite experience. When we both order a drink, the bartender tends to ask us , "do you want these both on one card?" We usually say yes and it has NEVER been as issue. This was our experience just two weeks ago on Freedom

I know all ships are different.

M

Well, good for you.... I guess. But, your comments really have nothing to do with being D or the lounge or drink coupons. Anyone who views the drink package the way you do doesn't need to be D or above. The rest of us do see it as a perk.
just shake your head, take a deep breath and have compassion for some folks!.....:)

Interesting... Also Allure: Rising Tide Bar - they only had a look on our card and saw Diamond and we got our drinks without ever swiping the card. Once our DD (minor, but Diamond on her own) was with us and I politely asked whether she can have a Diet Coke on one of my vouchers. No problem at all (again Rising Tide Bar, no cards swiped).

steamboats

We had the same experience on the Rhapsody. The Barmen saw we were diamond gave us our drinks with out swiping our cards.He saw that our daughter was a diamond to and asked if she would like a soft drink. He got her a can and again never swiped our cards.

The three free drinks are intended for the Diamond or D+ member.

It really doesn't matter what the bartenders do. Inventory is strictly counted and if the corporate headquarters gets wind of abuses, it will put the entire program at risk!

Based on the various different ways on different ships that bartenders handle the sea pass cards of Diamond cruisers, I don't really believe it is an 'inventory issue' that they are strictly keeping a count of. However, I do believe that if the use of the three drink coupons is abused, the program does risk being revamped and the those honestly using the program properly will be hurt. The abusers will deserve to be hurt, but the rest of the cruisers surely won't deserve it -- but will still feel it.

Based on the various different ways on different ships that bartenders handle the sea pass cards of Diamond cruisers, I don't really believe it is an 'inventory issue' that they are strictly keeping a count of. However, I do believe that if the use of the three drink coupons is abused, the program does risk being revamped and the those honestly using the program properly will be hurt. The abusers will deserve to be hurt, but the rest of the cruisers surely won't deserve it -- but will still feel it.

I agree I would hate to see the vouchers go because the program is abused in anyway.

However, I do believe that if the use of the three drink coupons is abused, the program does risk being revamped and the those honestly using the program properly will be hurt. The abusers will deserve to be hurt, but the rest of the cruisers surely won't deserve it -- but will still feel it.

I totally agree with you.

I agree I would hate to see the vouchers go because the program is abused in anyway.

If bartenders are supposed to swipe everyone's sea pass card as a Diamond to make sure those cruisers do not exceed the 3 drink per night allotment at bars, fine. They should.

If my DH get two drinks off of his card, and then later we use my card to get two drinks. We each only have one drink left.

But if bartenders do it for some,and then don't do it for others that isn't fair, nor right. If the bartender doesn't do it for one cruiser who gave them a big tip the first night, that isn't right.

The rules are there for all....both cruisers and staff to know and handle properly.

We have had the opposite experience. When we both order a drink, the bartender tends to ask us , "do you want these both on one card?" We usually say yes and it has NEVER been as issue. This was our experience just two weeks ago on Freedom

I know all ships are different.

M

We had the same experience on the Rhapsody. The Barmen saw we were diamond gave us our drinks with out swiping our cards.He saw that our daughter was a diamond to and asked if she would like a soft drink. He got her a can and again never swiped our cards.

We have had both scenarios happen many times. Sometimes they swipe both cards, one card or no cards :)

Edited by molly361

If bartenders are supposed to swipe everyone's sea pass card as a Diamond to make sure those cruisers do not exceed the 3 drink per night allotment at bars, fine. They should.

If my DH get two drinks off of his card, and then later we use my card to get two drinks. We each only have one drink left.

But if bartenders do it for some,and then don't do it for others that isn't fair, nor right. If the bartender doesn't do it for one cruiser who gave them a big tip the first night, that isn't right.

The rules are there for all....both cruisers and staff to know and handle properly.

I agree with you and we always offer our cards. But we can't make the barmen swipe them. I think they should though because how do they know how many free drinks has each diamond member had. We only ever get one drink a night but it would be easy for someone to go to a different bar and get more than 3 drinks each if they don't swipe the cards.